George Michael's Secret for long hair

J

JenniferMD

George Michael\'s Secret for long hair

George Micheal is this popular long hair guru that has a system that promotes long hair. I haven't been able to find his actual secrets but there's a George Michael salon in New York called 'Madora' that uses his products and caters to women with long hair and those that want long hair. I was thinking..."gosh, I wish there was a salon in my area that catered to women who want long hair/have long hair and used his techniques".

Surprise...There is one! Now I'm thinking maybe I should call to let these people know that I'm black before I walk up in there for my free consultation. I wonder if his techniques apply to 4a/b hair instead of just the type 1 hair. Do you guys know anymore information about his system and is it universal to all hair types?

Scasey

Re: George Michael\'s Secret for long hair

Jennifer,
The guy who trims (dusts) my hair is affiliated with the George Michael (GM) salon. It's really not rocket science, he stresses you have to sacrifice style for length i.e. no bangs, layers, etc. He thinks you should have your hair at one-length because according to the GM theory hair sheds more if you have varying lengths. The GM treatment consists of deep conditioners that suposedly strengthen your, I think it's done twice a year. I personally don't feel comfortable with him washing my hair so I just let him timr it. I think I am his only AA client and his white clients have exteremely long hair. My hair has collected a tremendous amount of growth since I have started going to him. I can't give him all of the credit b/c I learned other things like from this website. His website discusses the "GM" philisophy. http://www.lovelonghair.com/news.htm

There is someone in the D.C. area that does the dusting trims if my memory serves me correctly she is in Northern Virginia. I never went to her but I did call her and she confirmed that she used the dusting technique. Let me look around to see if I can find her number.

NGC

There's a salon in Atlanta that actually has an AA stylist. They recently hired her to cater to AA clientele. I thought about going there for a hot minute but I just don't feel comfortable letting anyone else touch my head (except my SIL).

J

JenniferMD

Scasey, thanks for the information...the lady in Woodbridge is exactly who I was referring to; I'm going to check out that website you listed and get back to you if I have any other questions.

J

JenniferMD

Oh, Scasey how come you don't feel comfortable with letting him wash your hair? You only go to him for trims (dusting)? How often is that? Do you get the feeling that he is just as confident that you can achieve great lengths like his white clients?

J

JenniferMD

Yeah it's called "George Michael's Secrets for Beautiful Hair". I'm still looking up information and I'm getting more and more interested. I emailed the lady who uses his system in my area and if she has experience with AA hair then I will go for a consultation. I've never had a white person do my hair before so I'm going to drill her in the consultation.

Scasey

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
Oh, Scasey how come you don't feel comfortable with letting him wash your hair? You only go to him for trims (dusting)? How often is that? Do you get the feeling that he is just as confident that you can achieve great lengths like his white clients?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I first met him as a result of an internet search in about 2001, he was telling me that there was an AA stylists in the building that could do my hair (that made me think he was clueless about styling my hair). At the time I was very satisfied with my stylist except for the fact she used to overlap my perms and trim too much off my ends. Needless to say, I did not allow her to continue and I started going to him for trims whenever my hair gets ragedy looking, I guess I could say on average I go about 3-4 times a year. After Supergirl's post about ends my feelings changed about getting them trimmed so often.

I can't say if he thought that I could acheive the same lengths as his white clients b/c the last time I went he asked me if this was all my hair. I was thinking no I am going to pay you $30 to cut some weave.

As for the girl in D.C., I was moving to D.C. and lined up stylists and found the lady in Woodbridge. I eventually did not move so I never went to her. Let me know how your visit goes.

J

JenniferMD

Thanks for the info Scasey, I emailed your guy and the lady in Woodbridge. So, after I get their responses I'll let you know if I'm going to the salon or not.

J

JenniferMD

Ok the lady in my area emailed me back and this is what she wrote:

Jennifer,
I have two example to share with you, both African American, hair touching shoulders.
Client 1- has been alternating relaxers and treatments for over three years although length is not what she is after she loves the condition her hair feels after a treatment.
Client 2- has been having treatments every three months, for two years. She is going for length, and has notice her hair becoming healthier, easier to manage, less breakage, and longer.

The one hour treatment puts moisture into each strand of hair. Of course I believe in the treatment. It certainly wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

Give me a call when your ready, 703-494-5445. Remember the whole Treatment takes about 3 to 4 hours. Shampoo, One Hour Treatment, Set to dry, Trim, price $50.00.
Also consider trying GM's products, especial the 12 min conditioner to be used at home.

Look forward to speaking to you,
Catherine
---------------------------------------

Ok, $50 isn't bad, but I'm not feeling her two examples. Why is it that client #2 has been doing treatments for 2 years and is only has shoulder length hair?

shell

Jennifer,
Thanks so much for adding this. I live in Rosslyn and am in desperate need of a trim. By the way, for Client 2, she does not list the length. I would hope the client has hair longer than shoulder length after 2 years, though!

J

JenniferMD

She said "I have two example to share with you, both African American, hair touching shoulders". I'm like you, I hope this lady doesn't have hair touching shoulders after two years, but it seems as so.

I'm still interested though because $50 for a 3-4 hour treatment--that's not bad.

Barbara

Princess
I would like to know what products are used on his "white" clients' hair. If anyone knows, please let me know. Also, what are the ingredients?

ajargon02

This is just so interesting to me. If you all go and have a white person do your hair, PLEASE post your experience. I would be WAYYYYYY to scared to do that.

Mars_Reiko

I found the book on ebay and amazon, but it's very expense. On ebay it $350, amazon's price ranges from $120 to $425. Why is this book so expense?

sareca

There were 5 reviews and everybody else loved the book. I pulled this one out because it included a lot more detail about the contents than the positives ones. I'm not trying to be a naysayer. :nono:

10 of 14 people found the following review helpful:
He Won't Tell His Secrets, August 6, 2001

Reviewer:Anne G. Risa "Anne Risa" (Pittsburgh, PA) - See all my reviews
I have 37 inches of shiny, healthy hair, and this book was very little use to me. Although the book is easy to read, I believe many of the ideas could actually be harmful to your hair (There are whole chapters on bleaching and permanents.) There is some very basic, common sense advice in the book (eat right, keep the sun off of your hair)but they are lost in a sea of pseudo-science and anecdotes. The author dresses-up his opinions with scientific sounding jargon, but does not present real evidence to justify his claims. He continually refers to his "training as a medical doctor in Russia," but he is not a doctor. Not that doctors really know anything about long hair-care, anyway. He tells a lot of long-winded stories to support his claims: "Try this 'laboratory' test yourself...take a poodle dog, and shave one leg...He will begin to drop the hair on the other leg." (p 121) As a dog groomer with 8 years experience, I consider this a rediculous assertion. He also does a lot of self-aggrandizing name-dropping, and the majority of the long hair photos in the book are credited to Clarol Incorporated, not George Michael. The sections on styling don't really help you to control your hair, although they may give you some ideas if you already know how to style your hair. In sum, although it was easy to read, this book was really a waste of time.

tkj25

I found some of george michael's hair secrets online:

Exclusive Interview With Dr. George Michael By Jennifer Bahney
http://www.longhairlovers.com/gm_interview.html

While talking with long hair guru Dr. George Michael by phone from his home in Florida, I found that it was important to understand the man first before trying to understand his passion for long hair.
George Michael Selisky was born to Russian nobility long before Lenin, Stalin, and communism took over his beloved land. His mother was an opera singer with incredible floor-length hair.

As a child, he would watch his mother and his aunts brush out their magnificent manes and create intricate updos before entertaining in their extravagant halls. But, the Russian Revolution soon caught up with them and George's entire family was killed by the ruthless Stalin. Somehow, young George was the only one to escape.
George attended medical school and was drafted into the Russian Army. He moved up to lieutenant commander and then became a major at the age of 23. But George was captured by the Nazis during World War II and spent two years as a prisoner of war in a Nazi concentration camp.

The years 1943 to 1945 were some of the most difficult of young George's life. He watched beautiful European women with waist-length and longer hair forced into warehouses only to emerge with completely shaven heads. According to Dr. Michael, it was the Nazis way of "breaking" their prisoners and taking away their identities. But, Dr. Michael told me, the women still held their heads high, unwilling to succumb to the Nazi's attempts at humiliation.

American troops eventually freed George and he decided to move to the United States with just the clothes on his back. It was at this point that George Michael Selisky decided to drop his last name. He also decided to use his medical training to help women around the world grow the beautiful hair he had seen destroyed during the war.

Dr. Michael enrolled in beauty school and was told that as a doctor, he was much too overqualified to work on women's hair. He persisted, however, graduated, and rented two chairs at a New York City salon. He developed his own system, based on medical science, for growing and maintaining beautiful long hair. In time, he had made enough money to buy his own salon. Dr. Michael's empire has grown ever since and today, at the age of 81, he owns some 2,000 salons around the world dedicated to long hair.

One of the major questions I asked Dr. Michael during our phone conversation was, "Is it possible to have long, healthy hair in your 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond?" His answer was a qualified "yes!", but he explained that there are conditions attached.
First of all, Dr. Michael explained that the most important step for growing the longest, healthiest hair possible is to have hair that's all one length. That means absolutely no bangs (or "fringe", to our European friends). Dr. Michael told me, "Bangs are like worms!", which I took to mean they're a pretty bad thing. Fortunately, he explained what he meant.

"Hair is not at its strongest with bangs or layers," Dr. Michael said. "Because humans are mammals, nature will try to equalize the hair by excessively shedding in order to even out all the shorter hairs. This creates an abnormal loss of hair which leads to unhealthy, straggly locks."

Dr. Michael also explained that people, especially women, with blunt-cut long hair have the strongest, healthiest hair possible.
"The longer the hair, the stronger the root," Dr. Michael said. "That's because the root has to work more to support the length. And stronger hair is healthier hair that falls out less."

To prove this point, Dr. Michael says hair that's cut in a 4-inch style may lose up to 87 hairs a day; hair that's 12-inches long loses up to 26 hairs a day; waist-length hair loses 16 hairs a day, and floor-length hair loses just two hairs a day.

As far as growing hair faster, Dr. Michael says, "Hair typically grows just 6 inches per year. I know of just three places in the world where women grow more than half-an-inch per month: Tehuantepec, Mexico; the Piedmont Province of northern Italy, and in parts of Minnesota. Those areas lack iodine in the water, which causes severe thyroid dysfunctions including bulging eyes and horrible weight gain. But, their hair is known to grow up to 6 inches per month."

They also shed their hair 60 times during their lifetime, as opposed to healthy people who shed most during six periods in our lifetimes: from birth to age three; at 10, 22, 26, 36, and 54. These "shedding times" are all related to hormonal changes in our bodies and are the body's way of ensuring a six-inch growth rate per year; no more, no less.

So, how does one go about growing out those pesky bangs?
"The hair grows from left to right on your forehead. Part your hair on the left as your bangs grow out. Once they're long enough, part your hair on the right so your hair does 'push-ups' and doesn't appear flat. Once your bangs reach chin-length, you'll notice a serious reduction in fall-out."

As for my question about long hair and age, Dr. Michael told me, "Age is irrelevant. With long hair, a woman's beauty is timeless."

Last edited:

tkj25

A Visit With Dr. George Michael By Jennifer Bahney

http://www.longhairlovers.com/gmvisit.html

After many phone conversations with Dr. George Michael, the premiere long hair guru in the world, I had the honor of being invited to his home in West Palm Beach, Florida to discuss all things having to do with long hair.

The walls in Dr. Michael's office are filled with photographs of some of the most incredible long-haired beauties in the world -- all of them his clients.

They included singer Crystal Gayle, Playboy Playmate Debra Jo Fondren, Guinness Book of World Records holder Dianne Witt, and countless models, actresses, and European nobles. Model-of-the moment Giselle Bundchen was also featured - she regularly visits the George Michael Salon in Beverly Hills.

I was extremely fortunate to have Dr. Michael give me my own one-hour consultation, during which he explained the principles of his system. It was all very scientific, yet Dr. Michael explained it in language that anyone could understand. Some of his most interesting points were: We inherit our hair from our father's mother and our mother's father.

Hair becomes "adult" when we reach age 10.
Women go through three major stages of hair loss that coincide with stages of menopause at ages 26, 36, and 54.
Most women can grow their hair to tailbone length with proper care.
Dr. Michael then sent me off to prepare my hair for a 12-minute conditioning. I first applied a little of his conditioner to the outside of my hair to balance the pH-factor. Dr. Michael explained that pH is the measure used to determine the amount of acid and alkiline in hair. (Water's pH is 7). He also explained that I should always use a spoon or spatula to scoop the creamy conditioner out of the container to prevent bacteria from tainting the unused product. Once I had about a teaspoon of conditioner smoothed on the outside layer of my hair, Dr. Michael instructed me to wash and rinse twice with his Cream Shampoo. He then showed me how to apply the 12-minute Conditioner to my damp hair from the length at my shoulders down to the tips.

True to its name, the conditioner sat on my hair for 12 minutes. Dr. Michael did not apply heat, explaining that it wasn't necessary for the 12-minute conditioning. Although he wouldn't tell me the ingredients in the conditioner, he did say that it contained special proteins that "filled in" any gaps in the hair shaft, making it smooth and silky.

After the 12 minutes were up, I rinsed my hair thoroughly and was ready to be combed out. Dr. Michael used a wide-tooth comb that literally slid through my hair. I found this amazing since I usually have to apply detangler right after washing. But the 12-minute conditioner had done its job so well that none was needed.

Dr. Michael then roller set my hair and applied a hair net to secure it.

I sat under a professional dryer that Dr. Michael explained got no hotter than 108 degrees... the perfect temperature for drying long hair. It took about an hour and a half to fully dry my mid-back length hair this way.

After removing the rollers, Dr. Michael had me flip my head upside down to brush 50 strokes from the nape of my neck to the tips. I was to follow each stroke with my other hand to prevent static from building. Dr. Michael explained that I should brush my hair this way each morning right when I got up to get the circulation properly moving to my scalp, which promotes hair growth.

Next, Dr. Michael assessed my cut. He considered it too "blunt", or straight, across the bottom and explained how tapering the cut like a half-circle was best for hair growth. He left the middle part of my hair its full 25 inches and tapered the sides to achieve the roundness.

When he was finished, my hair felt incredibly silky and swung beautifully when I shook my head.

Some of Dr. Michael's tips for my hair growth, which can be applied to most anyone include:

0. Don't wash hair every day. Think of hair like a piece of fine silk that begins to fade after repeated washing. In addition, overwashing hair can actually make it greasier.

0. Properly brushing hair every morning will distribute the scalp's sebum to the thirsty ends.

0. Don't color long hair - it's very damaging and should be avoided if possible. Surprisingly, highlights are much better for long hair since only the roots are touched up each time.

0. Use only a boar bristle brush with a wooden base. Dr. Michael explained that natural materials are least likely to cause hair damage.

Candy_C

his ideas sound great, especially the layers theory.

but its all down to the inside of your body. it has to be in TIP TOP form to get ultimate growth. i'm lazy and east junk, but take vitamins...my hair grows 1/2-1inch per month (now its longer, its grows slower)...so imagine if i was eating great food, being fit AND taking vits....ultimate growth.

tkj25

Dr. George Michael's Method of Long Hair Care
http://www.longhairlovers.com/george_michael.html

Dr. George Michael was a plastic surgeon who developed products and a special process for caring for long hair. He is considered the "guru" of long hair care, and his clients have included famous long-haired beauties such as Crystal Gayle.

Hair Washing Tips:
One doesn't lose hair through washing, but rather through friction and tangling.

With shorter hair, how one massages the scalp is not so important. You can move your fingers back and forth, zigzag, in circles, figure eights or sideways -- it doesn't matter because it hardly tangles. In contrast, long hair gets tangled when the scalp is massaged in circles or zigzag lines. By trying to untangle, it tears or falls out completely.

1. The best place to wash your hair is in the shower. Although some women prefer the wash basin or more especially, bending over the bathtub.

2. Stand bent over with your head tucked downwards. This relaxes the scalp and promotes blood circulation. If your head is higher than your elbows, the muscles in your scalp may cramp up. Try it yourself to see the difference.

3. All the dirt and oil particles should be expelled during the first shampoo, which serves as the purification of the hair. During the SECOND shampoo the scalp should be massaged and NOT THE HAIR!

4. For the correct massage, begin at the hairline and work towards the top massaging the scalp. Keep your hands beneath your hair and move them back and forth. Don’t use your hair as a scrub brush. When you’re finished massaging the scalp, shampoo the rest of your hair to the ends. Treat it like silk and try to avoid knots.

5. Finally, rinse out your hair thoroughly with warm water. If any of the bubbles remain, the hair will be dull and sticky. Feel the hair after cleansing and make sure the slightest trace of shampoo can’t be found.

6. If you can stand it, rinse hair in cold water. This allows the hair molecules to shrink and carries away all unnecessary layers. The hair will be easier to comb.

7. Pour a dab of rinse into your palm and apply with strokes to the length of your hair. Then rinse once more but with lukewarm water.

8. When you step out of the shower, use a hand towel to get rid of excess water.

9. Try to comb through the hair with your fingers, as long as it remains wet. Never brush when wet. Hair has a certain elasticity and can stretch fron 1/8 to 1/6 of its original length. Luckily the hair normalizes itself when dry. When wet, it behaves like an over stretched rubber band and breaks. Use instead a wide-toothed tortoise shell comb to untangled and smooth out your hair.

10. Part the hair in small sections and begin 5cm above the ends to comb it out. When the entire lower section is untangled, go approximately 20cm up from the bottom and comb the hair in narrow strands through to the underside. Continue until you reach the scalp and all is tangle-free.

There are four different washing methods for you to use at different times and for different types of hair.

WASHING METHOD #1 _A METHOD FOR MEDIUM TO BRA LENGTH HAIR WASHING THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF HAIR (no more than twice a week) ORDER: (A) shampoo, (B) cream rinse

(A) Wet hair with warm water. Apply shampoo and swoosh around the hair on the first lather. Rinse with warm water. Apply shampoo a second time and massage scalp. Avoid rigorous scrubbing. Gently wash the hair from the scalp down using re-grasping motions to avoid tangling. Rinse well until no suds appear in the water.

(B) Apply Madora George Michael Cream Rinse to the outer layers and ends only. Rinse well - you may want to finish with a final cold rinse to add additional shine to your hair.

WASHING METHOD #2 _A METHOD FOR VERY LONG HAIR WASHING THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF HAIR (no more than once a week)

ORDER: _(A) "Pre-wash conditioner": While your hair is still dry, take _ tablespoon of 12 Minute Conditioner. Apply conditioner to the ends and the top layer of your hair. Be sure only these trouble areas are well-coated. At this time, do not apply "pre-wash conditioner" to your scalp or the remaining area of hair, wash hair immediately.

(B) Shampoo: After applying our "pre-wash conditioner", wet your hair and apply a tablespoon of shampoo until a rich lather develops. Remember to wash the ends of your hair as well as your scalp. Rinse and always shampoo again. The first wash removes superficial dirt and oils; the second deep cleans.

(C) Cream Rinse: Use Madora George Michael Creme Rinse after you condition and shampoo. Pour one teaspoon into your hand and apply only to the ends of your hair and halfway up the hair's shaft.

THEN: _Rinse, rinse, and rinse! See those tiny bubbles at the drain? Rinse until they are reduced to just a few.

Finish with a cold water rinse. Cold water eliminates residue, closes scalp pores, and reduces the stretch in the hair created by hot water.

Last edited:

tkj25

WASHING METHOD #3 _12 MINUTE CONDITIONING (two to four times a month)

ORDER: _(A) Shampoo: Wet your hair and apply a tablespoon of shampoo until a rich lather develops. Remember to wash the ends of your hair as well as your scalp. Rinse and always shampoo again. The first wash removes superficial dirt and oils; the second deep cleans. Towel dry excess water.

(B) Condition: Apply one tablespoon of conditioner to entire head and leave on twelve minutes. Rinse well. The 12 Minute Conditioner will work well at room temperature.

(C) Cream Rinse: Pour one teaspoon into your hand. Apply only to the ends of your hair and half way up the hair’s shaft, not on the scalp. Rinse well.

WASHING METHOD #4 _WASH SCALP ONLY
(Every day or every other day, in between regular shampoos which should be once a week)

Many of us wash our hair daily. However, shampooing once a week is best for the delicate ends of the hair. The solution is to wash the scalp daily or every two days in between. The three methods listed below will keep your hair clean and fresh smelling while protecting the ends.

(A) Have a friend hold up the ends of your hair. While bending over the sink, wash and rinse your scalp only. Then gently pat the wet portion of your hair dry with a towel.

(B) With one hand hold the ends of your hair away from the water. Wash and rinse your scalp with your other hand. Then gently towel dry your hair.

(C) Loosely pull your hair back into a braid at the nape of your neck and secure well. Bend over the sink and wash and rinse your scalp only. Towel off, and you have clean hair!

Always be sure to rinse well. Any residue will collect oil and dirt faster. When washing the scalp only, the Madora George Michael "pre - wash conditioner" and the Madora George Michael Cream Rinse are not necessary.

IF AND WHEN YOUR SHAMPOO STOPS WORKING.....
and they all eventually do, build up will occur. Use the Blue Shampoo which acts as a stripper of build up and yet remains gentle to the hair. Use it when you start to notice that the Cream Shampoo is less effective. Two washings with the Blue Shampoo should be sufficient, and then go back to the Cream Shampoo. Be sure to use the pre - wash conditioner on the ends and outer layer of hair when using the Blue Shampoo. Sometimes when you feel you still have residues left use three sudsings.

DRYING YOUR HAIR
Air-drying is always best. If you would rather dry your hair artificially, first set your hair with plastic rollers. Then sit under a hood dryer. To prevent damage to your hair, keep the dryer at a constant temperature (about 42 degrees centigrade or 108 degrees Fahrenheit).

Another gentle way to artificially dry your hair is to attach a diffuser to your blow dryer. This device spreads the hot air evenly, making the heat far less intense. If you would like to air dry your hair without getting the "frizzles" wait until your hair is 95% dry and then roll it on curlers. Apply a hairnet and dry your hair completely under a hair dryer - the warmth of the dryer will smooth out the hair. Depending on the richness of your hair it will take 15 - 30 minutes. You'll be surprised at the results. Never use heated rollers or curling tongs. These devices dry and break long hair. If you must blow dry use a diffuser. Dry roots first then dry lengths with gentle temperature. Once your hair is dry, you may brush it to a glorious shine.

BRUSHING
For a healthy head of beautiful hair you must treat, nourish, strengthen and stimulate the living part of the hair - the root. Brushing is an essential part of hair treatment. It keeps the scalp supple and accelerates the blood circulation which feeds the roots and distributes needed fatty acids along the length of the hair, assuring smoother combing without breaking, since lubricants also serve as moisturizers. We advise our clients to brush their hair as soon as they get up in the morning and only to use a natural bristle with a wooden base.

WHY BRUSH IN THE MORNING?
Brushing stimulates the circulation to the scalp and fluffs the hair. Don't think for a minute that this will make your hair more oily. Brushing actually distributes the oils to the ends of your hair. Which in turn is a natural protection for the hair against weather conditions and other stressful occurrences.

NEVER BRUSH WET HAIR!
Hair is more elastic when wet than when dry, and it will stretch when wet to the point of snapping if you use a brush. Instead use a wide tooth tortoise - shell comb. Start with the ends and slowly work your way up to the scalp. Never use a metal or rubber comb.

USE A NATURAL BRISTLE BRUSH WITH A WOODEN BASE
The natural bristles are closest to the hair structure itself, and therefore are less likely to produce tangles on long hair. The wooden base reduces static electricity.

METHOD
Stand with feet slightly apart and bend down from the waist until the hair falls in a curtain before your face. Brush your hair gently, starting from the roots at the nape of your neck and moving toward the end of the hair Follow each brush stroke with the open palm of your other hand. (This counteracts a build - up of static electricity). Start the first day with 20 brush strokes. Then, add 10 strokes each day. For oily condition or fine hair start with 10 strokes. Then add 5 strokes each day. Your goal: fifty brush strokes a day. Remember that morning brushing produces the best results!

Last edited:

tkj25

PARTING THE HAIR
You probably part your hair on the left side or use a center part. We suggest that you part your hair on the right side. Hair follicles along the forehead grow from the left to the right. A right side part adds height and has your hair doing "push-ups". The middle part is definitely out. It puts additional stress on the weakest hairs on the top of the head, which results in hair thinning and the part spreading wider.

A center part forms a line that goes down the middle of the face, which accentuates the nose and any irregularities that exist between the left and the right side of the face. There are only a very, very few people in the entire world who literally look good with a center part.

Information courtesy George Michael promotional material.

other interesting george michael related articles:

http://www.longhairlovers.com/moon_phases.html
http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/012699/fea_124-4033.shtml
http://www.cosma-kosmetik.de/english/gmichael.html
http://www.longhair.org/HCP/HCP.html
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16577
http://www.ida.net/users/northstr/hairlength.html
http://www.longhairlovers.com/hair_care_articles.html

Last edited:

CurleeDST

Seriously, it is probably so simple you do not need to pay anyone for it.

JenniferMD said:
George Micheal is this popular long hair guru that has a system that promotes long hair. I haven't been able to find his actual secrets but there's a George Michael salon in New York called 'Madora' that uses his products and caters to women with long hair and those that want long hair. I was thinking..."gosh, I wish there was a salon in my area that catered to women who want long hair/have long hair and used his techniques".

Surprise...There is one! Now I'm thinking maybe I should call to let these people know that I'm black before I walk up in there for my free consultation. I wonder if his techniques apply to 4a/b hair instead of just the type 1 hair. Do you guys know anymore information about his system and is it universal to all hair types?