Georgia Grandmother Kills Rabid Bobcat With Bare Hands After Being Attacked

intellectualuva

Phillips is being treated for the rabies infection, treatments that cost nearly $10,000 per shot, and she needs 10 of those.

That bobcat needs to be resuscitated so she can kill it at least 9 more times.

That's 10x more expensive than when I got the shots 10 years ago. Either that's a misprint or they went up drastically in price.

They were like 1k each. I had to go to an emergency room each time to get them and I had to go like 4/5x. I was pissed, but insurance covered 90%

doll-baby

All she had to do was stay in the house. She could have used her zoom option on her camera to take a pic then call animal control. I see wild life all the time in my area but I never approach.

Eta: I watched her interview and she said she was taking a picture of a sticker on her car when the bobcat approached her.... snapping its pic probably only made it even more aggravated. She shouldnt have taked the picture, and maybe should have tried to back away slowly.

I dont know though, it had rabies so it may have attacted her nonmatter what she did.

Last edited:

Shula

That's 10x more expensive than when I got the shots 10 years ago. Either that's a misprint or they went up drastically in price.

They were like 1k each. I had to go to an emergency room each time to get them and I had to go like 4/5x. I was pissed, but insurance covered 90%

Either could be true. Big Pharma is running roughshod over folks. Remember PharmaBro and the Epi pen situation? I'm over it. Medications should not cost more than your mortgage.

metro_qt

Did you get a series or just one shot?

Maybe the difference is that this animal was definitely rabid
Definitely!
I was reading up on this, and if the animal is known to be rabid, you have a 10 day window to start your shots so that you don't become rabid as well.

Also, you can get bit, and not show symptoms for up to a whole year!
When you do though...its too late.
You're done.

HappilyLiberal

https://fundly.com/let-s-help-dede

She's not black...take a look at her donation link. Trust, I'm as surprised as you are :lol:

I'm not giving her any money because I just don't believe in giving white folks money; but, if I was going to give any white person money, a grandmother killing a bobcat with her bare hands would definitely be at the top of the list of white folks I'd give money to... but, I don't give white folks money!

Last edited:

HappilyLiberal

Some people have to learn the hard way that wildlife is not interested in participating in America’s Next Top Model animal edition.

Now thanks to this chance encounter Dede has learned an expensive $100k lesson. Bobcats don’t like to be told to smize for the camera.

In a related note the bobcat in the OP is serving face for days and looks absolutely fierce.

RIP Kitty Galore

That bobcat is saying try it!

kupenda

I'm not giving her any money because I just don't believe in giving white folks money; but, if I was going to give any white person money, a grandmother killing a bobcat with her bare hands would definitely be at the top of the list of white folks I'd give money to... but, I don't give white folks money!

This! Exactly! I don’t tip white folks that deliver my food. They’re white, they don’t need it. I tip in a restaurant because #socialshaming but other than that I do not give white people money. Sorry grandma. You a real one though!