1. https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/no-maintenance-scheduled.848583/
    Dismiss Notice

Georgia Teenager Has Been Sentenced To Life In Jail. Trigger Warning.

Discussion in 'News - Breaking News & Political Forum' started by Crackers Phinn, Aug 5, 2019.

1. SoniT

SoniT Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Wow, she sounds like the type of mother who coddles her son. That's very common. I'm in my 40s and still have those bad memories of living with my brother. We get along OK now but I limit my time around him.

2. momi

momi Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    From another article:

"He was given a chance to speak before being led out of the courtroom, but the only thing that could be understood through his tears was "I'm sorry."

"I think everyone understands," the judge said. "Including this court."

Kevon Watkins told an investigator he and his sister argued nearly every day, and Colvin said before she handed down her sentence that she was sorry the adults in his life let him down and never disciplined him or gave him the tools to deal with his anger."

Z-kitty, chocolat79, SoniT and 11 others like this.
  3. LadyPBC

LadyPBC Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    The daughter died defending her Mom but it appears that the Mom was too afraid to defend her daughter. He must have been something when he didn't get his way. What an entitled generation. Cold, detached, and uncaring for even their family members. #LastDays

chocolat79, Zuleika, SoniT and 11 others like this.
  4. Cheleigh

Cheleigh Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Based on the backstory for this family, if we don't get the little brother and the grandson out of this toxic environment, chances are that these two babies will eventually face a similar fate. At every level, it seems these adults failed the kids.

5. Transformer

Transformer Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    No chance of parole means he's not redeemable. There are folks that have killed random folks but have a chance at parole. His age should be considered.

HappilyLiberal and bellatiamarie like this.
  6. Crackers Phinn

Crackers Phinn Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Blog Posts:
    As long as the mother doesn't force the 13 year old to communicate with the locked up brother, it's likely he will turn out functional. The kids who can identify crazy on sight will have issues but they don't usually repeat the same behavior. That baby is in for a world of confusion, his uncle killed his mother and his father killed somebody else. That's a lot of frivolous murder in the bloodline.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  7. msbettyboop

msbettyboop Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    So no possibility at all to crack his skull open with a skillet or broom handle or heels or a pail or an instant Pot or a slow cooker or something while he was choking his sister for 15 entire whole ass minutes minutes?????

demlew, Zaz and HappilyLiberal like this.
  8. Ms. Tarabotti

Ms. Tarabotti Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I don't know- is he going to get counseling in prison for his anger issues? Siblings, especially teenagers. might argue everyday but putting someone in a choke hold for more than a minute goes beyond normal arguing. Mother dearest was willing to lie on her dead daughter to get her killer son out of a just punishment. If he got parole, he'd go right back to ruling the roost at Mama's house. Note how he didn't fear any punishment at changing the password to the wifi that he didn't pay for. Mama would be making excuses for her 'baby' until she died.

Instead of 'weeping and wailing' at his sentencing, those same family and friends should have helped to keep him in line. We can only pray that the younger son and the toddler escape this madness.

9. HappilyLiberal

HappilyLiberal Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Once again, girl children just don't matter in too many black families!

10. BackToMyRoots

BackToMyRoots Happy

Blog Posts:
    He’s where he deserves to be for the rest of his life. Society doesn’t need to flip a coin to see if he’d change. He can redeem himself in prison and be an example to his fellow inmates. We’re good out here.