Get in here and help me please!

pinkchocolatedaisy

Anyone and everyone! Ok so I'm trying to lock down a regimen. Well I think I've got it. Basically I cowash daily and baggy at night. I dc twice a week. And I apply MT daily to my scalp and use as a protein dc every other week. No heat ever on my hair. So far so good.

Problem is I'm a certified bonafiede PJ! Really I need help! PJ rehab or something! I really want to modify my product arsenal and just have the basics: poo, cond, dc, styling products. I'm breaking the bank here!

So tell me what should I do... I love hair stuff. Problem is lately I've been gravitating towards the pricier stuff. I'm trying to decide if I want to use cheapie cond for cowashes and just splurge on a dc (mositure). Or should I splurge on cowashes and go with a cheapie dc??? :look: It doesn't help that I definitely want to try Wen and add that to my product supply. But that means I may have to let go of my Joico! :sad:
What should I do?

Cowash with Suave, tresemme, V05, HE or use Joico?
OR.......cowash with Joico and use a cheapie dc like (insert ideas here)
and I definitely want to get WEN (I would only use once/twice a week though).
I use fantasia IC gel and Suave for styling so that's a cheapie no prob, under ten bucks. But help me decide: I am defiitely thinking of going the WEN route (I will try the smallest bottle possible first- and if I like it, it's ON!

thanks ladies!

Zenobia61

That WEN bandwagon looks tempting. The ingredient list really got my attention :lick:so I say try this as a staple and then let the rest of us fence-sitters know how it turns out. You seem to want a KISS regimen so maybe WEN is it!

pinkchocolatedaisy

I do.. too many choices make me crazy! Besides I can't be greedy. It's hard deciding on what to splurge and what to save on. Too much good stuff!

That WEN bandwagon looks tempting. The ingredient list really got my attention :lick:so I say try this as a staple and then let the rest of us fence-sitters know how it turns out. You seem to want a KISS regimen so maybe WEN is it!

Neith

I say go with what your hair likes :yep:

Unless you're on a budget, price shouldn't matter. Your hair's health is the important thing!

Sistaslick

See, me... I'm of the mind that you should splurge on the deep conditioners and work in the cheapies else where (daily or whatever you do). :yep: The cheapie conditioners tend to be less rich and and rinse a little cleaner so they're good for those "I just wanna have freshly washed hair for no reason" days. :grin: The deep conditioners are the investment, IMO. Since you co-wash daily, you'll be blowing through the real quality products (and not really letting them do what they do) if you co-wash with them. And that'll cost ya. Just think $10 worth of Suave and V05 co-washes (which could be bottles and bottles!) will last you much longer than $10 of Joico co-washes (one bottle). :rofl: You get more miles on the Suave- which is great daily, but substance from Joico et al which is the backbone of any good regimen.:grin: Plus the pricier stuff tends to work best with heat conditioning, while cheapies rarely ever get you that true deep conditioned feel.

I know PJism is hard to break. I'm at a point where I've got my staple lines, but now I'm splurging within the line. :look: I'm a Kenra/Joico addict. Most of the cheapies I used to use have been weaned from my regimen. :lachen: But you won't see me co-washing with Kenra and Joico, uh uh. :lachen: Gotta preserve. :rofl:

fluffylocks

I would do the cheapies for the daily cowash, and the more pricer for the 2x weekly deepconditoning for reasons sistaslick was mentioning

And since you love to try new things, maybe you can buy smaller sizes of more expensive deepconditoners....like 4,6,8 oz....You probally use at least 2oz of conditoner per wash, that would allow you to try a new pricey conditoner every 1-2 weeks.