Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor...Any reviews??

gissellr78

I saw this product and i want to try it. Have any of you ladies used this product. If so how is it?

Here is the description:

Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
Protein-rich conditioner enriched with Certified Organic Botanicals.
  • Re-energizes tired, damaged hair.
  • Encourages thickness and volume.
  • Fills in porous hair with rich proteins.
You’ve colored your hair for years. In the summer, you bleach it. And let’s not forget about perms, chemical relaxers and blow dryers, curling irons and straightening irons. Your hair needs a health fix. Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor rebuilds hair from the cuticle layer, replacing missing nutrients and adding proteins for strength. If your hair is chemically dependent, this is the fix you need. Health is on the way.

Ingredients: Aqua (purified water) with *rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) oil, *nettle (Uritica dioica) oil, *thyme (Thymus vulagris) oil, birch leaf (Butela alba) oil, *chamomile (Anthemis nobilus flower) oil, *clary (Salvia sclarea), *lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), *coltsfoot leaf (Tussilago farfara), *yarrow (Achillea millefolium) oil, *mallow (Malva sylvestris), *horsetail (Equistetum arvense) oil, *soybean protein (Glycine soja), cetyl alcohol (plant derived), stearalkonium chloride, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethyglycinate, grapefruit seed (citrus derived).

Certified organic in accordance with California Organic Foods Act of 1990.

Free Of
No animal by-products. Cruelty free.

EmahMahalo

I bought some of this a couple of months ago. Made my hair feel strong but made tough to comb. It may be best to use moisturizing conditioner afterwards.

msbettyboop

This is my reconstructor. I use it before I put braids in and after I take them down. Smells very nice and makes my hair feel strong but needs to be followed with a moisturiser to get a comb through your hair. I just bought their smooth as silk protein hair infusion and will be using that when I take my braids down. I totally love Giovanni products :)

*Muffin*

I like it. It's a decent light protein conditioner that one can use for 30min or more without your hair feeling like it's suffering from protein overload. And it's a great base conditioner for adding things like oils and honey. I feel like it really penetrates the hair well. I didn't have to follow up with a moisturizing DC afterward, I'd just apply a moisturizing, creamy leave-in afterward and my hair felt soft, yet strong. I stopped using it, though, because that tube only lasted for two or three applications, and the conditioner is kind of costly (I'm a bit heavy handed with conditioner). So now I just use Giovanni SAS as a rinse-out conditioner weekly, and that contains protein as well, and I also add avocado oil to my deep conditioners, which is naturally rich in protein. Doing this keeps my hair strong enough.

Lola28

It left me hair feeling really strong and yet very soft and manageable. I had pretty good slip. But being that it's a protein reconstructor, I always follow up with a moisturizing conditioner after.

serendipity

I've used the Nutrafix in the past and found it to be a very good product. It did strengthen my hair and I always followed it up with a moisturising conditioner. However, I've sinced stopped using it because I preferred Aubrey's GPB as it left my hair softer and following up with a moisturizing con was optional.
I stopped using the GPB because I then discovered MegaTek which is a much more effective strengthener than GPB. MegaTek is very pricey so now I add hydrolyzed Keratin to my standard conditioners(usually Nature's Gate) for my protein fix.

HTH!