Giving up heavy cones....

For many many years since the time i first relaxed my hair at 15 to now with my mainly natural head at 23 i had been using silicone serums, all the time and i used them HEAVILY!, just this summer i decided to stop and go without them,, theyre still in my con and poo and i still use some b4 ironing but ive really cut down and using jojoba for moisture. I think my hair has improved, I feel like it mightve gone thru a cone withdrawal though, but i dont see myself ever going back to soaking my hair in cones. I can recall how dry my hair would get and Id wonder how can my hair be dry when im using so much serum?? not knowing that I was locking out moisture, my hair just feels right and healthy without cones,, anyone know if theyre are any heat protectors w/out cones, or is that contradiction and you need them to shield the hair....?

shunta

I had one heat protectant that I used a while back by Silk Elements and I think it had cones in it. I think most have cones in them, though.

HoneyDew

Well, I am a serious cone-head when it comes to heat protectants and I don't plan on giving that up. But, there are 2 silicone free serums that I know of. I have never used them so I can't give a review. They are GHD Polishing Serum and AVON mark. Salon Straight Anti-Frizz Serum.

Good Luck.

Ms_Twana

I don't know about cone free serums, but I'm giving up cones too. I used Hello Hydration, NTM, Mango Butter, PM Super Skinny Serum, and EQP Glaze on a regular basis. I did clarify a week ago. And I don't really remember how my hair was then. But this weekend when I washed, Hello Hydration didn't work for me and it always works. I air dried my hair, then flat ironed, and my hair was hard, had no bounce, and dull looking. My hair has NEVER looked like this. Even before I joined the forum. I had also used the Pantene Extra Liso for the first time, so I thought maybe that contributed. So I co-washed again with NTM DDC and Hair Mask. I then air dried and flat ironed again, and I got the same results.

And before I used mostly Nexxus products. Most of them have no cones. So, I believe cones are the culprit.