Glycerin Experts

La Colocha

To those of you who use products with glycerin, what percent does the humidity have to be for them to work. Example(40% humidity etc). I can't get away from using products with glycerin so i have to work with the weather. Today its going to rain and my hair is really soft and moist. Does anyone know the exact percents when dealing with humidity and glycerin. tia

Aggie

Cosigning on the 65% humidity. If it falls lower, the opposite effects will be achieved. Moisture will be drawn from the nearest point and unfortunately since your scalp is the nearest point of moisture, that is where the humectant effect of glycerine will the draw the moisture from. Hence causing you to have dry hair instead of well moisturized hair. HTH!

Denise11

To those of you who use products with glycerin, what percent does the humidity have to be for them to work. Example(40% humidity etc). I can't get away from using products with glycerin so i have to work with the weather. Today its going to rain and my hair is really soft and moist. Does anyone know the exact percents when dealing with humidity and glycerin. tia

Anything lower and you might get the opposite of what you want. 65% and more, you're fine.

WOW! I didn't know that, it has to be REALLY humid in order for it to work. I don't think it's that humid for me to be trying to use it in a moisturizing spray but do we have to throw out all the conditioners that has glycerin in it? Or just don't use the more concentrated stuff like spritzes etc?

La Colocha

WOW! I didn't know that, it has to be REALLY humid in order for it to work. I don't think it's that humid for me to be trying to use it in a moisturizing spray but do we have to throw out all the conditioners that has glycerin in it? Or just don't use the more concentrated stuff like spritzes etc?

If your products are working for you keep using them. I love conditoners with glycerin. I rinse my conditoners out and it does not effect my hair. Only moisturizers and leave ins don't work well for me if the weather is not right. It also depends on what type of climate you live in and how your hair reacts to the products.

Yeah none of my products are working for me. My natural hair hates EVERYTHING I've tried to use on it. It's dry and hard except for this one piece of fluff in the front center of my head (it seems to be a different texture than the rest of my head) and my nape. I'm sooooo frustrated at this point. I made a mix w/glycerin, aloe vera juice and rosewater and it made my hair sticky and dry and it STILL didn't feel moisturized! Should I have added some regular water in there too?

Aggie

Yeah none of my products are working for me. My natural hair hates EVERYTHING I've tried to use on it. It's dry and hard except for this one piece of fluff in the front center of my head (it seems to be a different texture than the rest of my head) and my nape. I'm sooooo frustrated at this point. I made a mix w/glycerin, aloe vera juice and rosewater and it made my hair sticky and dry and it STILL didn't feel moisturized! Should I have added some regular water in there too?

If the humidity in your area is too low, it doesn't matter if you add water to this mix because the glycerine is already in there. I would recommend adding honey to it and using it as a moisturizing wash out conditioner instead. Don't throw it away. If you use commercial shampoos, you could also add it to shampoos for a more moisturizing effect.

Maybe you could try using Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner. It is both a deep conditioner and a leave in conditioner but it does not have any silicones or glycerine in it. That might better suit your hair as a leave in/moisturizer. I use it myself and my hair really loves it:lick:.