Glycerin

Aviah

Will glycerin on wet hair dry it out? I've heard that if there is more moisture in your hair than in the air around it it will pull the moisture from wherever there is the least amount of it (thus why it pulls moisture form that air into your hair if it is not dry...) Is this right?

Hi,
I'm not sure about the moisture gravity LOL. But, most people, including myself, mix mine with water and aloe vera juice. Like in one of the spray bottles 4oz. of water or rose water, 3 oz. of aloe vera juice, and 1 oz. of glycerin. Its the best moisturizer ever.

Yeah, so far I used it with lots of plain water and almond oil to seal and its been working well... But there's 2 aloe plants in my mom's house I've been eyeballing... How do you make aloe gel? Or any ideas of how to incorporate it?

I use it both wet and dry and no it hasn't dried my hair. I use glycerin and plain old water.

Yeah, so far I used it with lots of plain water and almond oil to seal and its been working well... But there's 2 aloe plants in my mom's house I've been eyeballing... How do you make aloe gel? Or any ideas of how to incorporate it?

I'm sorry I didn't get to your response sooner... First off, STEP AWAY FROM YOUR MOM'S PLANT!!! LOL. You can buy aloe gel at any whole foods store (Henry's to the actual Whole Foods Store), also, at Walmart in the first aid aisle. I bought mine at my grocery store.

I would'nt say it dries your hair out but when i put too much in my hair and used it on its own, it did feel rather grainy and became like a magnet to attract particles. So i mix it with my leave in and jojoba oil, the bulk of the mix being leave in conditioner.

The answers are YES and MAYBE! Do a thread search on "glycerin sensitive hair," you will find a lot of information.

I'm glycerin sensitive and cannot let it near my strands Oct - March....the air is just too dry. I also had to give up WEN products because they are so heavy in glycerin.

The answers are YES and MAYBE! Do a thread search on "glycerin sensitive hair," you will find a lot of information.

I'm glycerin sensitive and cannot let it near my strands Oct - March....the air is just too dry. I also had to give up WEN products because they are so heavy in glycerin.
:shocked: :confused: a person who does not like the beloved WEN???

:thud:

I didn't know such a person existed!!

:arrowup: I haven't tried WEN yet (the cost keeps stopping me), but every post I read have been raves about the product.

I guess I miss the not so good reviews somehow. Interesting.

:arrowup: I haven't tried WEN yet (the cost keeps stopping me), but every post I read have been raves about the product.

I guess I miss the not so good reviews somehow. Interesting.

Mini-Review and Hi-jack.

I love WEN for the first two days. Then hair dries to straw and shedding occurs! Will try to use it again in more humid weather.

I really like S-Curl it has Glycerin in it and a little bit goes a long way so I put it on wet hair and it moisturizes so well, I moisturize it once more before I wash and Deep condition again. If that counts lol.

Back