Go Ayurvedic 2010 Challenge!

MaryJane3000

I just stocked up on alma oil, vatika oli, alma/brhami oil, amla powder, neem powder, kalpi tone powder, brahmi powder, and shakiki...so I'm in there like swim wear ladies. I also ordered some goupur henna. :)

Krystle~Hime

after wearing kinky twists for three weeks and doing NOTHING to my hair, i've unraveled the twists, and done a Cassia Brahmi Amla Maka(aka Brhingjaj) treatment, letting it in my hair overnight, my hair is so soft, so black, so thick.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a recipe for this? I want my hair rich and dark.

Oh sorry I haven't seen you quote me.
Hum, just tablespoons of powders (equal part a lil more for cassia) and mix it with water.
the number of tablespoon depends of your hair length. I mean, you won't gonna mix 8 tablespoon of powder if you are NL, or just 2 tbsp is not enough for APL.

that's all.

(DAMN HOW DOes PEOPLE DO FOR MENTIONing SOMEONE !!!!!!:wallbash: )

Last edited:

Zeal

I'm in. Most of my hair has broken off as I am anemic and was not aking iron supplements so I am working form the inside out.

grow

hi ladies!

i've been following this thread from the sidelines because i had gotten myself in way too many challenges, but i love love love everythng ayurveda and just had to share a new discovery with you all!

i've been juicing fresh fruits and veggies regularly (some months less than others) since last year, so i have no idea why this JUST occured to me, but yesterday, i juiced 1 whole banana just for my maka, brahmi and amla mix.

ladies, THE RESULTS WERE FABULOUS!!!

i'd had an almost dread like knot at the roots of my new growth (i'm texlaxed) near the crown where my hair is most coarse but after the raw, liquid banana in my ayurveda (of course, i mixed in the other things i posted in my blog on here, but never had these types of results with just those), that knot was as soft and smooth as silk!

detangling was a breeze (yes, i also did an oil rinse).

try the liquified raw banana (mashing it will only leave clumps in our hair) and let us know if you like it!

MaryJane3000

Yesterday i used my Godrej Nupur Henna Mehandi 9 Herbs Blend henna. I oiled my hair the night before with a mixture of amla oil, castor oil, and Lisa's Elixer. I poured some of the henna into a container mixed enough water in it to form a paste and applied to my and let it sit for about an hour or so. I was going to let it sit longer but since it was my first time using this brand and I noticed that my hands were turning orange (still are) I decided to wash it out pretty quickly.

Fortunately, my hair didn't change colors, but this will be the last time I use this henna. I had to rinse my hair more than five times to get all of the henna out. I even noticed some particles in my hair when I put my moisurizing conditioner (redken all soft) on. After rinsing out my conditioner I did a brahmi/amla oil rinse which was great for detangling my new growth.

I then did a quick rollerset after applying my lacio lacio and redken smooth down leave ins topped by my proclaim 6 argan oil.

My hair feels okay but not great. It's still pretty tangled and dry in the front along my edges and my nape. However I think that's because I need a more moisturizing deep conditioner. I'm experimenting with using products sans add ons just to see how my hair reacts and I'm trying to use up my stash at the same time. I will add that the other areas of my hair feel pretty nice. For the most part everything feels pretty soft.

MaryJane3000

hi ladies!

i've been following this thread from the sidelines because i had gotten myself in way too many challenges, but i love love love everythng ayurveda and just had to share a new discovery with you all!

i've been juicing fresh fruits and veggies regularly (some months less than others) since last year, so i have no idea why this JUST occured to me, but yesterday, i juiced 1 whole banana just for my maka, brahmi and amla mix.

i'd had an almost dread like knot at the roots of my new growth (i'm texlaxed) near the crown where my hair is most coarse but after the raw, liquid banana in my ayurveda (of course, i mixed in the other things i posted in my blog on here, but never had these types of results with just those), that knot was as soft and smooth as silk!

try the liquified raw banana (mashing it will only leave clumps in our hair) and let us know if you like it!

Did you use powders or oil?

Krystle~Hime

hi ladies!

grow
[USER]grow[/USER]
if I mash it, and put in the blender, will it be okay? because I think it will be better to use fresh banana more than banana nectar, because the banana in the nectar will not be so fresh.

grow

@grow
grow
if I mash it, and put in the blender, will it be okay? because I think it will be better to use fresh banana more than banana nectar, because the banana in the nectar will not be so fresh.[/QUOTE]

[USER=89499]Krystle~Hime
, sure, i think that mashing it before putting it in the blender won't change it's nutrients for our hair, so i don't see why that would be a problem!

oh, now i've tried a new one, ladies!

after the great success i felt with the 1 banana, i tried another one yesterday with:
1 fresh whole avocado
1/2 fresh mango

the juice of these came out more like a pulp because of the thickness of the fruit, and there's so much, that i put the extra in an airtight container in the fridge,
but when i mixed those with:
fenugreek powder, maka and brahmi i had hair so soft i did not even need to moisturize and seal!!! :lick::yep:

i have never had hair this soft before!!!:grin:

and i mean my naked hair with absolutely no product on it whatsover!

i am going to stay with the fresh banana, mango, avocado for all of my ayurveda from now on! it made me a believer!:yep:

Krystle~Hime

very interesting !! grow

I've already tried once a looooooong time ago with mango, but I think tht the mango wasn't ripe so I haven't seen a particular change.

But I'm seriously gonna try this weekend with banana :) !! usually I use marshmallow decoction so I'm gonna mix banana and decoction
:lick:

grow

very interesting !! @grow

I've already tried once a looooooong time ago with mango, but I think tht the mango wasn't ripe so I haven't seen a particular change.

But I'm seriously gonna try this weekend with banana :) !! usually I use marshmallow decoction so I'm gonna mix banana and decoction
:lick:

Krystle~Hime, i haven't tried one with only mango yet, and your post makes me think it's a good idea to try these ingredients seprately as well, just to see how each one does. i KNOW the banana is fabulous, and will try the other 2 individually in the future. thanks!

please tell us more about this marshmallow decoction!!!:lick::yep:
sounds divine!!!:grin:

Zeal

Today:

2 Tbsp Hibiscus Powder
1.5 Tbsp Amla
1 Tbsp Fenugreek.

Made a paste. Applied it . Rinsing in T -10 seconds.

Glamorous_chic

soo glad i found this thread. i want to make ayurvedic tea spritz for daily moisture. i haven't done it yet, b/c i need to purchase the ingredients. lol the plan is to use: Amla Powder, bhringraj powder, brahmi powder, hibiscus petal powder, rosemary eo, aloe vera juice, Marshmallow Root Powder, msm, and orange peel powder.

Krystle~Hime

Krystle~Hime, i haven't tried one with only mango yet, and your post makes me think it's a good idea to try these ingredients seprately as well, just to see how each one does. i KNOW the banana is fabulous, and will try the other 2 individually in the future. thanks!

please tell us more about this marshmallow decoction!!!:lick::yep:
sounds divine!!!:grin:
grow
a decoction is simple as putting herbs/root in water and heat them until the water boils(instead of an infusion which is to put water already boiled on herbs, and let them steep) just a different method of extraction :)

decoction for every thing hard : root, stems, seeds, barks, wood
infusion for flowers, leaves..

on this ayurvedic challlenge, you can use a marshmallow decoction for mix it with your powders, and after rinsing everything, you can do a final rinse with nettle :) :lick: (that's wat I do:yep: )

Today:

2 Tbsp Hibiscus Powder
1.5 Tbsp Amla
1 Tbsp Fenugreek.

Made a paste. Applied it . Rinsing in T -10 seconds.
Zeal
tell me how did it turn ?

grow

Krystle~Hime, thank you so much for the very important and detailed information!!!!

Glamorous_chic, could you please tell us more about what the orange peel is for and how it helps our hair?
i always thought it was just for the face...still learning, lol!

ladies, i've always heard that for the pastes, it's best to just use 3 choice powders.

does anybody know why that is?

thanks ladies! oh, and HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

Glamorous_chic

grow, its supposed to help soften the hair. most of the places i've read do mention for the astringent properties and helping open the pores of the face, but also mention that it helps to keep hair "soft, manageable, shiny and supple."

grow

hi ladies!

where's everybody at?

has anyone ever put their ayurveda paste on in braids?

i have 4 braids in and have just tried it by squishing it down and moving it around to try to get my scalp saturated with the mix.
just wondering if others do this too.

thanks for the feedback ladies! hhj!

funkycoils

grow

I've tried paste in twists, not braids. The paste is still quite tough to rinse out of my hair though, which is very annoying. I have however used this ayurvedic oil to supplement my frustration. :(

I am amazed at how much my hair has grown over the past 5 months, OMG...I can't wait to post before and after pics. Keeping pictures of my hair growth has been a wonderful motivator!

It has also helped that my hair is now twisted up and under a curly WIG! This hair gives me wings!

Here it is:

grow

funkycoils, thanks for the info!

i can't wait to see your pics, as well! it's so good to hear and see good testimony!

i definitely attribute the change in my siggy to the health and growth ayurveda has given.

what i'm trying out now is the layering of products. i too get the pastes stuck in there sometimes, but if there's a bit of grit, i just keep oiling until it comes out.
afterall, it isn't harmful, is it?
now i've also started sleeping in conditioners with a tsp of ayurvedic products.
then i'll do a tea rinse and follow up with some homemade oils.
another op taught me about this method of layering the ayurveda and i think it really works!

hhj ladies!

growinghealthyhair

How are you ladies doing?? Seeing any results?? I'm interested in ayurvedic powders. I've just started my HHJ so i'm trying my best to do everything natural. My hair was so damaged before, I just want to make sure to use gentle products on it.

funkycoils

I can't wait to show my reveal pics! My hair has grown SO much.. I'm still working on perfecting my reggie. It's tough stuff... Ayurvedic is really helping though!!

See you all April 1st!!!!