God is so good. (Kinda long)

LongTimeComing

Hey everybody,

I don't spend much time in this part of the board ( that is going to change) , but I have something I wanted to tell you ladies.

For the past 7 years I have lived a crazy life. Some of the old heads remember some of my old posts. I didn't just sin, I SINNED everyday.

All day.

I did stupid things like seeking fulfillment in man, attempting to test God, bargain with God, refused to go to church, lied, stole, ignored His voice, and just acted like I saw everyone else acting. So when my life started falling apart I decided to get 'real' with God a few months ago. So I prayed ( once a week), fasted ( for 2 hours), and went to church (twice). Imagine where it got me.

So this past weekend I decided to go to an Women's Encounter( kinda like a conference) at my church. It went from Friday at 5pm through Sun morning.God was there and poured into that building like I have never seen before. The ladies' testimonies were powerful and I related to every one of them. Every speaker, every story.. I knew EXACTLY what she was talking about.

I cried and wailed while my new friends kept praying for me. I had an encounter with God. He was STILL there waiting on me after all of my junk. I was certain I had been dismissed from Him. God poured into my life and refreshed me like none other. I felt 30 lbs lighter before the weekend was over. Saturday night I knew some things needed to change to keep me on my walk with Him for good this time.

So I got in my car and started cleaning out all the Lil Wayne, Lil Wheezy, Plies, and Crime Mobb cds. I deleted certain websites out of my favorites lists on my computer. I got out my Bible and started reading it. I have established connections in the church now. I called and told my boyfriend he could get on board or go kick rocks. He chose the rocks.

Thank you ladies for being here. You are truly an encouragement and a breath of fresh air. God is so good and I just had to share what he had done for me this weekend.

Miz_Complexity

Dont give up ... This will not be an easy process I pray that you make it and you will just keep the faith and be strong.

Last edited:

blazingthru

Welcome, Congratulations on your new decision. Its not going to be easy. like that Weight Watchers commercial with that little orange thing ( which I love by the way) Satan will be there tempting you. But God is so faithful and stronger and we are praying for you and we are your support should you ever need us. I know getting rid of your stuff was not easy. I did the same thing. Threw out movies too that I use to love and paid so much money for and waiting in line to get. threw it out brand new some of them. sold all my jewerly and threw out my make up. it changed my life and made me focus on what is in the inside its almost year and I dont' miss any of it. You know no one notice. I use to wear a lot of jewerly well a bangle and necklace and hoops and rings. No one notice that I have not worn any of it for almost one year. Not even my family. Well they think I am strange since I went natural anyway so chalk that up to the natural look or whatever but we are certainly here for you anytime you need us. God is an on time God he was just waiting for you to say your ready.

loolalooh

Thank you so much sharing, and yes, Congratulations on your decision. I'm so proud of you and I know God is 100x more proud of you. I had a similar changing experience months ago. Whatever you do, don't give up. Continue surrounding yourself with things holy. It's a process ... a daily process. Stay strong. This forum is a blessing; make yourself at home.

LongTimeComing

Thank all you ladies for your words of encouragement.

I know this is going to be tough a tough road, but the ending is so much better than the path I was going. The toughest part was leaving behind my SO of 3 years. However I know that I will be fine. God will bring me through this, he has brought me through so much more.

frizzy

Keep loving God and keep loving yourself, things will be better than you can imagine. I'm so happy for you!

LIKI51

I love that you told him to kick rocks!!! I recommend a book called The Prayer that changes everything Book of Prayers by Stormie Omartian (I love this one and have recommended it many times). Learn how to pray. Try reading everyday. If you don't then watch a tv preacher or listen to gospel or now they have the complete bible on CD. But whatever you do get some Word evryday.

The devil works over 40 hours a week!! You can't survive his wiles without the covering on you! My hats off to you making a good decision. Get rooted!

LongTimeComing

I love that you told him to kick rocks!!! I recommend a book called The Prayer that changes everything Book of Prayers by Stormie Omartian (I love this one and have recommended it many times). Learn how to pray. Try reading everyday. If you don't then watch a tv preacher or listen to gospel or now they have the complete bible on CD. But whatever you do get some Word evryday.

The devil works over 40 hours a week!! You can't survive his wiles without the covering on you! My hats off to you making a good decision. Get rooted!

Ha! He isn't too happy about it.

I will check out that book, thank you for the rec.

I have replaced all the music on mp3 with gospel and in my car alos. I will add in some neo soul in a little while, but for now I am happy with my Jesus music only. I haven't even watched tv since this weekend... Now that I have these connections I feel like I can be stronger in my resolve to maintain my changes.

Uber

Wow, nice testimony. I pray that God will take you higher in your Christian walk. Just remember that he will always be there. Glad to heat you gave your life to Christ. Angels in heaven are rejoicing

Be blessed