God Moved...

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
and to Him I am so grateful...

House Declines Vote On Gay Marriage In Md.

Speaker Busch Said Move Essentially Kills Bill

POSTED: 8:47 am EST March 11, 2011
UPDATED: 2:38 pm EST March 11, 2011

http://www.wbaltv.com/politics/2715...bal_break&tmi=bal_break_1_01260103112011&ts=H

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- The Maryland House of Delegates declined Friday to vote on a bill that would recognize same-sex marriage in the state.

After more than two hours of debate, members sent the bill to the House Judiciary Committee for further consideration, said 11 News reporter David Collins, who is in Annapolis for the legislative session.

Speaker of the House Michael Busch said Friday's developments essentially kill the bill for this year.

Collins reported that as many as 30 new members didn't feel comfortable with the idea of not being allowed to discuss or change the bill, and they really wanted to go back and gauge where their constituents are on the issue.

Busch said he expects bill sponsors to craft another piece of legislation about gay marriage for next year's session.

Friday's developments clearly indicated that the House is divided, and the debate got very personal, according to Collins.

O'Malley had said he hopes lawmakers would able to resolve the issue so he can sign the measure into law.

Maryland would have become the sixth state to legalize gay marriage if the bill had passed.

------------

Last edited:

crlsweetie912

I work in an area at my job that works closely with Annapolis and all the goings on up there. I had known that this wasn't going to go well, but :pray: My church had a RATHER LARGE group up in Annapolis several times this past month.

BeautifulFlower

:goodpost::knight:

:yay::clap::king::trampolin:dance7::band2::bouncy:

Every sermon for the past 4 weeks my pastor says at the end of the sermon....Call your reps and express your desire for them to vote NO...
AMEN!!!

Shimmie

Staff member
:goodpost::knight:

:yay::clap::king::trampolin:dance7::band2::bouncy:

Every sermon for the past 4 weeks my pastor says at the end of the sermon....Call your reps and express your desire for them to vote NO...
AMEN!!!

I am so overwhelmed with the power of God and prayer.

I promise you that I am not gloating...simply honoring God for what He has done with this issue.

He brought me to the state of Maryland for a reason. My plans were to stay in Florida, but when my mom became ill back in 2008 I had to stay in Maryland to help her.

Afer she passed away last year (January 2010), there was so much to do in Maryland, I never changed my residential status; I forgot to do so. I believe this is the reason why, so that I could legally 'fight' against this cause.

Remember how King Hezekiah went to God when the Assyrians threatened him? (Isaiah 7) and the Word of the Lord says, "This shall not stand, neither shall it come to pass; it shall not expand it's boundaries."

Woooo! :woohoo2: :woohoo2:

See, 'Marriage" belongs to God and it's up to HIM who gets it. gays do not have a right to what belongs to God when it comes to Marriage. This is God's gift to a man and a woman as ONE and anything other is counterfeit.

This morning a news alert came to my computer and said the house ws voting today.

Guess what? I sat at my desk and prayed, "Lord please do not allow this to go through.

Do you know that moments afer I prayed, the news alert came into my email with the news that it did not go through.

I gotta say ... Thank you , Lord "JESUS"...you are the Righteous Judge.

See, God's gifts are without repentence... without regret. The gift of Marriage is for a man and a woman... God's gift without regret.

Glory, Glory, Glory...

Sometimes I think God does things just for me... :Rose: As He does for ALL of His children. If we but ask Him.

My heart goes out to the gays; I don't want them hurting. I'd never wish heartache upon them or anyone esle. However, Marriage is not the answer for them; Jesus is.

Shimmie

Staff member
I work in an area at my job that works closely with Annapolis and all the goings on up there. I had known that this wasn't going to go well, but :pray:

My church had a RATHER LARGE group up in Annapolis several times this past month.

I'm so glad that I stayed in Maryland. This is something that will NEVER go well. It's not supposed to. And you kmow what? Too many of these Annapolis folk are coming to our Churches getting votes and cures from all manners of sicknesses and diseases. They KNOW better than to try and abandon what Marriage truly means.

BeautifulFlower

My heart goes out to the gays; I don't want them hurting. I'd never wish heartache upon them or anyone esle. However, Marriage is not the answer for them; Jesus is.

I second this...they have the right to have the legal opportunities that everyone else does, but marriage IS NOT just a legal contract, its a blood convenant. Its moral not legal.

And its known from history that a nation that embraces certain practices will experience God's judgement. I'd prefer not to be a like Abraham pleading with God to spear us from utter destruction. :nono:

Shimmie

Staff member
I second this...they have the right to have the legal opportunities that everyone else does, but marriage IS NOT just a legal contract, its a blood convenant. Its moral not legal.

And its known from history that a nation that embraces certain practices will experience God's judgement. I'd prefer not to be a like Abraham pleading with God to spear us from utter destruction. :nono:

Oh My Goodness! Pretty... remember when God said if he could find 40 / then 30 / then 10 Righteous people then God would save Sodom and Gorrorah...

He couldn't find 10 ...

With all of these earthquakes and tsunami's, we can't afford to have God's judgement upon this state. God has been soooo merciful.

And that stupid O'Malley, Maryland's governor, whose bottom is he kissing? It's gonna come out in the open. I am not placing my loved ones, family and friends in jeopardy because of foolishness.

The reasons gays give for demanding marriage are so selfish.

If they want hospital visitation, since when did that become a problem? I've visited scores of folks in hospitals that don't even KNOW me from Adam or Eve... All you have to do is sign in, take a badge and hit the elevator and go to Room # 20.

As for someone making medical decisions for them.
There is a legal document that anyone can have drawn up called "Advanced Medical Directive". I know this for a fact as I had one for my mom.

Suze Orman who is also gay and with a partner, has a kit that anyone can order which has every legal document that exists that allows anyone to be whoever you assign them to be, which includes Power of Attorney, Advanced Medical Directive, Trustee, Beneficiary, etc.

My concern is what about widows and singles? What about them?

gays complain that they can't place their partners on their medical insurance policies. What's with the new Health Care Bill? Also, why can't they get a job and get their own insurance, like everyone else?

Why should they get 'special treatment when others who are single, widowed or divorced be left without? These other folks work like a dog and pay taxes too. This gay agenda is extremely selfish and it's wrong. I'm not having it. :nono: None of their arguments qualify. :nono:

If they argue that their relationships are the same as heterosexuals.... it is not the same and there is nothing to compare the two.

My responses are to these 'nasty' gay leaders and they are indeed nasty with such spitty attitudes. :nono:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
God got the issue RIGHT together! LMAOOOOOO

God's not through ..... :nono: and neither am I. There's more to fight for and God will win. All 'we' have to do is 'follow' Him and not the imbalance of men.

God promises His children in Joel chapter 2: that " He will restore what the 'canker' worm has eaten..."

They're not getting this one. The others will be repealed.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Ah, good... I lived in MD about 7 years. :yep: Prayer (and ACTion) indeed changes things! Glory to God for that.

Amein

Shimmie

Staff member
Ah, good... I lived in MD about 7 years. :yep:

Prayer (and ACTion) indeed changes things! Glory to God for that.

Amein

Action Indeed, Laela. Thank you for posting this. For it was definitely prayers and action (under God's direction) that moved this. All the more reason, I've decided to maintain my Maryland residency (in spite of their ridiculous high state taxes --- Goodness Gracious). Florida doesn't have state income tax. The sacrifice is worth it. God provides.

The 2012 General Assembly is not that far off, neither is the 2012 election. I'll still enjoy my home and family in Florida, but I'll be in Maryland in 'full fledged ACTion' -- paying taxes. :lol:

The devil is such a thief... :yep:

Last edited: