God Says, 'Ta Da! I'm Here!!!!!'

kayte

Isaiah 64:1, 3-5 '
Oh, that you would rend the heavens and come down… For when you did awesome things that we did not expect, you came down, and the mountains trembled before you. Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him. You come to the help of those who gladly do right, who remember your ways…' (NIV)

Everybody likes surprises,

we all love it when something happens beyond our expectations. Frustration sets in when you expect one thing but get something less. Frustration is where your expectation exceeds your experience. Faith, on the other hand, is where your experience goes beyond your expectation!

God loves to do things that go way beyond our thoughts, hopes or desires (Ephesians 3:20). He loves to show up in the middle of problem or battle in our lives, and shout with theatrical flair, 'Ta Da! I'm here!'

Isaiah says HE comes down and does awesome things that we weren't even looking for! His presence, when it is suddenly revealed in a situation, causes mountains to shake. When Jesus spoke of casting mountains into the sea through the word of faith, he didn't mean that our words move mountains. No, it's the presence of God who comes to back up our words of faith – that's what works wonders.

As in times of old, God is still able to exceed our expectation, he is still a wonderful God, a God filled with wonders! The world, says Isaiah, has never seen a God like him, one who actually 'acts on behalf of those who wait for him'. He's a God who shows up in visible and often dramatic ways, coming to our rescue.

Do you need for God to 'come down' and meet with you in your problem; to show up and make some noise? He will; all you need to do is wait with expectation, keep gladly doing what is right, and remember how he works, how he likes to do things.

Prayer:
'Jesus, I really need God to turn up in a major way right now, and produce some wonders in my situation. I promise to wait for him and to keep doing right, in faith.'