Going back to the good old days

elite_chiq

I know every one here says "back in the day when i did ___________ my hair was so long" even if it was something that was minimalistic like wash blow dry and grease. Why don't people go back to them days (am i making sense if not please do tell me). Ive noticed that since i weave, oil with wonder 8, spray with hair doctor and wash about once a month (if that) My hair has grown alot.

e.c

northernbelle

I said early on that what I was doing before LHCF worked well. Actually, now that I have learned so much more about proper hair care, there actually is not much I would return to.

northernbelle

Boadicea

Actually, a lot of people here have gone back to what used to work for them as a child. You have the Stinky challenge, for example, where some of the ladies used to use Sulfer8 (among other products) as a child and had good results and are returning to those products in their adulthood.

The other thing is that not everyone keeps the same hair texture from childhood into adulthood, and also some people suddenly wake up after a surgical procedure and have a different hair texture than before. The products they used to use might not work with the new texture, etc.

Tracy

I haven't because my hair then wasn't the same hair I have now...

It was natural, for one. I didn't have as many styling options because I was a child (so all I NEEDED was grease and a blowdrier for ponytails
) and my hair texture and needs have changed since I was a child the same way my body and skin have.

That's why MY regime is different.

simcha

Since my biggest problem is hair stylists overprocessing my fine hair, my good old days was several years ago when I went to a particular hairdresser in Beverly Hills. Since she's in prison now....

Well, I think I finally found a good hair stylist but we'll see.

lonei

I'm not going back to the good old days as such, however I keep my regimen very simple. I wash and set my hair with motions products once every 2 weeks (plus pre-treatment shampoos) and I use ORS products to maintain the style. I have learnt so much about proper hair care from this site but I think that less is more with my hair. I was tempted to buy new products but what Im using currently works wonders for me, I'm going to stick with it even though others may swap and change.

Daughter

UK Blak
Gosh my hair grew very fast when I first transitioned, come to think of it. I did nothing special - in fact I shampooed and blow dried every two weeks. My hair could only put up with that for so long tho... hence my need for finding this site last year..

I think I need to go back to improving my diet and taking a basic supplement, maybe just MSM.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
In response to

Poster: GinuwinesBoo
Subject: Re: Going back to the good old days

hair grows the fastest when ur a child

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard hair grows the most between the ages of 15-30 (I guess you can consider being 15-17 years old as a child)

NapturalGlory

i don't think there ever were any good old days to go back to - at least for me. i like what i'm doing now. i wanna stick with it and see where it takes me.

silvergirl

i honestly havent changed a thing since coming to this board lol . i found a regime a while back that works an i stuck to it, regardless of the product of the moment or protective style of the month that was going on. i stuck to what works for me. why change what aint broke