Good Dominican Salons in Queens, NY?

Libra08

Hey ladies do you know of any good Dominican salons in Queens and their locations? My friend wants to get a Rollerset and her roots blown out. Thanks!

LaBelleLL

I don't know of any in Queens but Elia Salon right outside of Washington Heights is a really good salon. They were rated Best Dominican Salon in 2006 by Latina Magazine. Here's the info:

Elia Salon
850 Amsterdam Ave
(between 101st St & 102nd St)
New York, NY 10025
(212) 316-3100

They take walk-ins and are open on Sunday.

Enjoy!

Libra08

My friend wants to get it done in Queens because she's trying to get it done the day she goes back to college for summer school. Thanks ladies!

ellehair

Theres a place on Rockaway BLVD and 147th avenue, in Jamaica..its called Dominican salon (i know not very original, lol)... But the owner her name is MYRA is very good.. before I found this sight I went to her and shes very good. If you want to go for 1 time blowing, i dont go anymore because i'm learning to become a DIYer ...I don't have the number off hand but it cant be missed.

Qualitee

Hair Flair by Georgina
(718) 262-6000
11404 Merrick Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11434-1335

Alot of ppl go here. My friend use to go here and she alway had nice sets HTH:)

mewzickmorena

Hair Flair by Georgina
(718) 262-6000
11404 Merrick Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11434-1335

Alot of ppl go here. My friend use to go here and she alway had nice sets HTH:)

this is my usual spot for everything and I've been going for years. I went there a few weeks ago and was very unhappy. I was about 9 weeks post and I bring my own products (I know what my hair likes). they insist on using their own shampoo first even though I gave her my NTM to use. then when it was time to set my hair, she didn't even detangle me! she just jumped right in with the fine tooth comb and commenced to pulling and tugging my 4b/4c hairlike I just got a fresh relaxer! :nono: and why, if I say only blow the roots, is my entire length being done?? then they wanted to hot curl it, too. I was very unhappy last time and I need to find a new salon ASAP!!!

Last edited: