Good Moisturizer for People who live in Dry Climate Areas...

angaliquew

I was going to try mixing Glycerin, Jojoba oil, and water together as a daily leave in, but I was reading that Glycerin which "draws in moisture" can have a reverse affect on hair in dry climate areas.:ohwell:
So,could anybody suggest a daily moisturizer that would be good for people who live in less humid areas. Thanks in advance:)

Phoenix said:
I know this isn't exactly what you asked but...I'd highly recommend a humidifier.

Good suggestion:)
I wonder if using a humidifier will be good enough to help my hair retain moisture all day...

First, start with a really good moisturizing poo and conditioner. It really does make a difference. Kemi shea butter works well 4 me.

angaliquew said:
I was going to try mixing Glycerin, Jojoba oil, and water together as a daily leave in, but I was reading that Glycerin which "draws in moisture" can have a reverse affect on hair in dry climate areas.:ohwell:
So,could anybody suggest a daily moisturizer that would be good for people who live in less humid areas. Thanks in advance:)

Try mixing a good moisturizing conditioner with water in a spray bottle. I use Suave's humecto knock off because it's cheap. But that does contain glycerin. But I find it to be very moisturizing for my hair.

angaliquew said:

i suggest a bottle of distilled water (in a spray bottle) and keracare oil moisturizer with jojoba oil...works fa me!

Candy_C said:
i suggest a bottle of distilled water (in a spray bottle) and keracare oil moisturizer with jojoba oil...works fa me!
where do you buy your distilled water? iv been look and havent found a shop yet?

tia

I just moved from MD to the albany area and it is soo much colder up here ... I was so scared for my hair. You should try ceremides instead of humectants. I love wheat germ oil or rice bran oil. I mix water, 3 tablespoons of kinky curly and 3 teaspoons of either oil shake it up and mist my hair. My hair is soo soft!

Deep conditioning routinely has been the best I've found. But the others are right more cermanides less humectants

I've used a humidifier for years and it works like a charm. I can tell the difference when I step outside. I tried to get one for work but I had to jump through all this mumbo jumbo mess so abandoned that idea.

Back