Good Salon experience...YEAH!!

Sha76

I decided to get my hair relaxed today. I did not want to go to the same salon i Did last time because the lady who did my hair last time did nto listen to me when I insisted that I wanted a lye relaxer. She still put a no lye relaxer in my hair. I was very angry and then she cut off roughly 3 inches of hair too boot.

BUt today I went on the Avlon website to find a salon in my area. Since I wanted a Affirm relaxer, but did not want to do it myself.

I found this salon named "Mary's Hair Gallery". I decided to go in to find out how much a retouch would be and it was $55.. Much more than last time, but I figured I needed to pay a little more for quality. Well I was soooo right.

The guy who did my hair was great. He took extra time to make sure he was not overlapping the previous relaxer and was very insistent that we wet set because it was healthier for the hair. Especially after a fresh relaxer.

I absolutely loved it. PLus the relaxer felt like a just a cool creme. IT did not burn at all. My hair looks great and feels healthy.

I will definitely coninue to go here for my hair care. To simply put it he care more for the health of my hair than anything else.

I absoultely loved it.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Glad you had a good salon experience. Sometimes this board gets overloaded with the negative ones. I sometimes think male hairdressers may be better than female ones, all other things being equal because the jealousy factor is not present.

I'm so happy for you. I too had a wonderful salon day. At my salon they base the hair really well and also add oil to the previous relaxed hair as not to overprocess. After bassing they only put relaxer on the new growth being very careful not to overlapp. I was very happy with them. I also didn't have to wait a long time to get started and done. I was in at 12:30 p.m. and she was finished with me at 2:45 p.m. and that was with a touch-up, conditioner, wrap, under the dryer and the stylied. I don't use heat normally but when I get a touch-up I will let her use a curling iron, and she is very fast and careful with it. All and all it was a good day. She also dusting my ends and understood want dusting meant.

yeah to good salons...mine is in Tuscaloosa, AL..If you live in T-Town I truly recommend it...MAry's Hair Gallery

Back