Good smelling products... that work!

tryn2growmyhair

I dont like humecto because it is drippy and is basically cones and mineral oil.
Biolage Ultra Hydrating balm smells delicious -- like perfume. :yep:

Kenra MC and shampoo smell good too.

miracle

miracle said:
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Surge Lotion Motion #9
Black n' Sassy Caribbean Leave In Cream (IMO, all Black n' Sassy products have a sweet scent.)
Biosilk Silk Therapy
Isoplus Hair Sheen (Smells like cotton candy! Yummy!!!)
Cocoa Butter Oil
EQP DPR-11
Back To Basics Sunflower Leave In Conditioner Spray
DDTA Shampoo and Conditioner

ETA: ORS Jojoba Oil (jar) (Has a great citrus scent.)
La Bella Los Caballos Shampoo & Conditioner For Manes, Tails & Body (Nice light citrus scent.)
AB Organic's Tea Tree Hair Strengthening Polish (Smells like Jolly Rancher candy.)

bimbabe

Joico K Pac Reconstructer
Nature's Therapy LUST and Mega Moisture
Nexxus-humectress, therappe, botanil
elasta-intense conditioner and dpr11
Razac Leave in- have to be in a perfumy mood
Ant thing by Alfa Parf- once again really perfumy especially the leave in, the Real Cream.

Rysel Coconut Treatment
Miss Keys 10 en 1

Design Essentials Stimulations - strong mentholy scent-kinda burns my nose when I sniff the jar :) don't ask.

ccd

tryn2growmyhair said:
CCD, what is your recipe for the scalp treatment and what was the name of the original scalp treatment.

I put a bunch of oils in an applicator bottle...got the idea from here.

Oils include:

Avovado, Wheat Germ, Rosemary, Apricot Kernal, Castor, Cinnamon, Sweet Almond oils......( please note the Cinnamon has a very strong and overpowers everything else, I wouldnt use as much of this one next time), I use this as a pre treat sometimes and 2x weekly at most, it weighs my hair down to much. I sould definitely modifiy this scalp treat next time I make it because I woudl like to be able to use it daily...

The Mizani Scalp treatment is the one I had been using for years...this is my favorite because it doesnt weigh my hair down and the scent is very nice and clean.

Last edited:

leontyneb

Surge Lotion Motion #9
Wonder 8 Cream
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Surge Woojee Cream
Emergency 911
Hollywood Carrot Oil Cream

tryn2growmyhair

ccd said:
I put a bunch of oils in an applicator bottle...got the idea from here.

Oils include:

Avovado, Wheat Germ, Rosemary, Apricot Kernal, Castor, Cinnamon, Sweet Almond oils......( please note the Cinnamon has a very strong and overpowers everything else, I wouldnt use as much of this one next time), I use this as a pre treat sometimes and 2x weekly at most, it weighs my hair down to much. I sould definitely modifiy this scalp treat next time I make it because I woudl like to be able to use it daily...

The Mizani Scalp treatment is the one I had been using for years...this is my favorite because it doesnt weigh my hair down and the scent is very nice and clean.
Thanks a lot, CCD. Do you leave it in overnight andthen wash your hair or do you use sit under the dryer or steamer with it for (how many) minutes before shampooing. TIA.

Kalani

This product by Nexxus I think its called Versastyler Designing Lotion. I love the smell of this stuff :love: !

Also Graham Webb has this gel called Making Waves. Great scent and great product! I haven't bought it in a while but I noticed it has new packaging. Hope they didn't change up the formula or the scent.

Aveda's Brilliant line has a nice scent. Hmmmm....what else.....

J

JenniferMD

Surge Ultra Max
Motions Oil protein conditioner
Barry Fletchers Moisture Thearpy Shampoo
Barry Fletcher's pomade

A_Christian

Products with sweet scents:

-KeraCare Essential Oils
-Myhoneychild Honey Hair Soy Milk
-Aubrey Organics GPB...I think it has a sweet aromatic scent
-Barry Fletcher Egg Protein Pomade
-Joico Reconstruct

Products with fruit-like scents:

-Myhoneychild Type 3 creme
-Myhoneychild Type 4 creme

Last edited:

cocopuff

A_Christian said:
Products with sweet scents:

-KeraCare Essential Oils
-Myhoneychild Honey Hair Soy Milk
-Aubrey Organics GPB...I think it has a sweet aromatic scent
-Barry Fletcher Egg Protein Pomade
-Joico Reconstruct

Products with fruit-like scents:

-Myhoneychild Type 3 creme
-Myhoneychild Type 4 creme

The MyHoneyChild Honey Hair Soy Milk is one of my favorites and I do LOVE the scent. The Type 4 creme smells like grapefruit and mint to me.

A_Christian

cocopuff said:
The MyHoneyChild Honey Hair Soy Milk is one of my favorites and I do LOVE the scent. The Type 4 creme smells like grapefruit and mint to me.

This Myhoneychild product definitely smells good. I've had to stop myself from sniffing it, the KeraCare Oils, and the Barry Fletcher Pomade so much. It couldn't be good to be inhaling these products all the time, Lol, but they really do smell good. I'm so glad that the people who develop hair products have started taking the scent into account in recent years, because I remember most of the hair products used in my hair in the 80's and mid 90's smelling pretty bad :laugh:. Now we have a lot of nicely scented conditioners, shampoos, oils and etc... to choose from.

ccd

tryn2growmyhair said:
Thanks a lot, CCD. Do you leave it in overnight andthen wash your hair or do you use sit under the dryer or steamer with it for (how many) minutes before shampooing. TIA.

I have used it as a scalp treatment...weekly ( appling twice per week roughly, massage and leave in until my next wash)

Then I used it as a pretreatment... sometimes left overnight, and sometimes mixed with another conditioner ( I did this a few times...its not a regular thing for me though) My hair has been pretty moisturized lately so I havent felt the need for the extra steps

I have never used this mixture under the dryer or steamer...I have Cellaphane and highlights and that would make the cellaphane disappear quicker than normal. I just cover my hair in a plastic cap and then wrap a towel over that...leave in for an hour or more.

hope that helps...and you are welcome :)