Goody Styling Therapy - add shine

anon123

I got about a week ago a brush from the Goody Styling Therapy collection, the Add + Shine brush, based on recommendations from the cnapp forum.

http://www.goody.com/Products/Collections/Styling_Therapy_Collection/add_shine/add_shine.aspx

I have tried and failed over and over again with the Denman D3 which is recommended on all the forums I visit. It is so hard to get the Denman through my hair, it rips hair out. It gets out shed hair but also gets out, um, non-shed hair. :look: It can never slide through.

So I got this brush, which has fewer teeth spaced farther apart and whose bristles are soft. Soft soft bristles, very pliable rubber. The cnapp forum owner said in fact she broke some of her bristles off just by putting the brush in with her other accessories and I guess it got roughed around in there, so I'm being careful with mine. This brush also cannot slide through my hair. I wasn't expecting it to. A single finger cannot slide root to tip in my hair, so why would 20 bristles be able to? But I can go through a longer section of hair each time with this brush (after comb-detangling first). But the best part about this brush is that it does not break off my hair. No tiny little Os and Ss like I saw with the Denman. It also removes shed hair, though it takes 2-4 passes. If leaves my hair fluffy, like a really light blowout kinda. My twists feel so light and fluffy and soft on my neck.

So for the few of you out there who have not had success with the Denman, you might want to give this one a try. It's about the same price. I got mine off of Ebay.

anon123

Bumping because I know there's got to be someone else out there who can benefit from a brush like this.

eshille

op...great timing and info.

I plan to get a Denman this week, I'll get this one also...just in case and just 'cause the hair likes variety...:yep:

thx

MonPetite

Wow!

Thanks for this!

I've wanted to get a reliable brush to make sure I got my shed hair out but my hair RIPPED THE FOAM PAD OUT OF THE DENMAN AND SENT THE ROWS OF TEETH ALL OVER THE SHOWER.

Needless to say....I will be trying this brush sometime soon.

Bumping this on up.

ctosha

Ive had success with this brush. This is how I use mine: When I am done washing and deep conditioning I add my leave in then comb through with a wide tooth comb while my hair is still damp add Oyin burnt sugar and then brush through from the bottom up I think the key is to comb through first at least for me it is and I get defined curls and then I just twist each section up after I detangle. I had a Denman brush and lawdy that did not even get half way down one section of hair mind you I brush in small to medium sections it felt as if I was tearing out my hair with that thing thankfully I didn't. Then Denman is the devil for me I love love love the goody styling therapy brush its a keeper for me. But I just keep in mind no two heads are the same and what works for others might not work for me and vice versa and that doesn't mean that the product is bad its just not for my hair type thats all.

eshille

Ive had success with this brush. This is how I use mine: When I am done washing and deep conditioning I add my leave in then comb through with a wide tooth comb while my hair is still damp add Oyin burnt sugar and then brush through from the bottom up I think the key is to comb through first at least for me it is and I get defined curls and then I just twist each section up after I detangle. I had a Denman brush and lawdy that did not even get half way down one section of hair mind you I brush in small to medium sections it felt as if I was tearing out my hair with that thing thankfully I didn't. Then Denman is the devil for me I love love love the goody styling therapy brush its a keeper for me. But I just keep in mind no two heads are the same and what works for others might not work for me and vice versa and that doesn't mean that the product is bad its just not for my hair type thats all.

thx for the tip...:yep:

FeelinIt

Thanks for this thread. I know it's an old one BUT I bought that brush thinking heaven and earth would move through these kinks and coils. All it did was rip, rip, rip and then it broke. I was like, what's the big deal again. I just wish I could find a brush that would not break.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
thanks for the info. i have some kinda knock of denman brush from walmart that has hard, plastic like pokes and i hate it on my relaxed/transitioning hair. i'll have to check this one out because i like brushes to get rid of my shed hair.

panamoni

Goody also has an "Ouchless Brush", which I have, that's good for detangling. I'd almost stopped using it since I've started my HHJ a few weeks ago because I'd been afraid to put much in my hair besides products, my hands, and my wide tooth comb. However, I started using it again today, and I definitely think it's safe for me to use. Nothing more than the normal shedding in the brush. Just need to be gentle like with everything else.

anon123

Thanks for this thread. I know it's an old one BUT I bought that brush thinking heaven and earth would move through these kinks and coils. All it did was rip, rip, rip and then it broke. I was like, what's the big deal again. I just wish I could find a brush that would not break.

Sorry to hear that. Were you using it on wet and/or conditioner soaked hair? I think it's only meant for dry hair. It does not hold up well when used in the shower or with very wet hair.

Maybe you could try detangling a bit with a comb first, too. There is no brush that I can use to detangle by itself and expect it not to break my hair.

hope this helps.

Cherokee-n-Black

I went out and got this brush based on your recommendation. I have been looking for a rubber-bristle brush since I stole a conair one from my sister and gave it away to my niece. I love love love these bristles! They remove shed hairs without breaking or snapping the ones you have. I also see the shine! I usually need a little more moisture in my hair, but the jojoba infusion definitely leaves behind a nice sheen on my relaxed hair. It's also does a great scalp massage. I hope they don't discontinue it. The world needs more brushes like this! LOL