Gorilla Glue-Gate. Yall....

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
But...But...But.... why? Why would anyone use glue of any nature in their hair? The chemical components of the glue alone should make a person, stop and not use the glue so close to their scalp and hair roots.

Lylddlebit

I want her to make money off this. No need for it to go to waste. I bet Gorilla glues sales just soared. She might as well be the face of the brand while this is hot and spin it into a check with a few commercials. If she has a few commercials where she presents that gorilla glue will work on anything...that it's the ultimate hold on everything, even when you underestimated it's strength, it could be well worth it. I can see it now "Gorilla Glue...just in case you doubted how strong it was!" This is enough for people to think of Gorilla glue as their best all around adhesive option and her to get some money for her mistake as a win for everyone.

Last edited:

LiLi

Hopefully the sebum on her scalp will lift and separate the glue from her head. Poor girl.
I don’t know if she will produce any sebum since that glue probably seals stuff. I put a comment on one of the videos I watched and said to put some blue Dawn on. I can’t believe she would think it was OK to put this stuff on. Even if it the name was close the Gorilla Snot product, the can description alone should have been a red flag that she didn’t have the same product as other people. I just hope she wasn’t doing it for “fame”. Seems strange to me.

PatTodd

I don’t know if she will produce any sebum since that glue probably seals stuff. I put a comment on one of the videos I watched and said to put some blue Dawn on. I can’t believe she would think it was OK to put this stuff on. Even if it the name was close the Gorilla Snot product, the can description alone should have been a red flag that she didn’t have the same product as other people. I just hope she wasn’t doing it for “fame”. Seems strange to me.
I saw this. Based on her appearance (and those crazy circle lenses) and being naturally cynical, I am suspicious of her motives.

But seriously. This isn't hard to figure out. She needs some kind of solvent to remove it. She will lose her hair and her scalp may be damaged. Who would wait a month before seeking help?

Theresamonet

I don’t think there is any “removing” this adhesive. I can’t imagine anything is going to just make this rinse from her strands. I think at best, acetone or something will loosen it enough to where she can shave it off.

She said she was going to go to the hospital. I’m curious as to what they will do.

Theresamonet

I want her to make money off this. No need for it to go to waste. I bet Gorilla glues sales just soared. She might as well be the face of the brand while this is hot and spin it into a check with a few commercials. If she has a few commercials where she presents that gorilla glue will work on anything...that it's the ultimate hold on everything, even when you underestimated it's strength, it could be well worth it. I can see it now "Gorilla Glue...just in case you doubted how strong it was!" This is enough for people to think of Gorilla glue as their best all around adhesive option and her to get some money for her mistake as a win for everyone.

I don’t see this happening.

Platinum

I'm not sure if I believe her, Y'all. How do we know that she's not doing this for internet fame? It seems like people want to do the dumbest stuff so they can go viral. I just have so many questions:

1. Did you not read the can before you purchased? Or even before you used it?

2. How did you manage to confuse this product with a hair spray? I know there's a product called "Gorilla Snot" but then I go back to my first question.

3. She said that the product has been in her hair for a month. Shouldn't she have some sort of "new growth"? Why not just take the "L" and use a solvent to get it out? Then look at investing in some good wigs if her scalp isn't damaged. Chile... I would have to put some acetone in a spray bottle and try to get that mess out of my hair. Plus, "Goo Gone" spray works well for removing stubborn glue.

Hopefully, she's not dumb enough to try to sue the company. She would make herself look foolish. They're not responsible for consumer error.

Theresamonet

I'm not sure if I believe her, Y'all. How do we know that she's not doing this for internet fame? It seems like people want to do the dumbest stuff so they can go viral. I just have so many questions:

1. Did you not read the can before you purchased? Or even before you used it?

2. How did you manage to confuse this product with a hair spray? I know there's a product called "Gorilla Snot" but then I go back to my first question.

3. She said that the product has been in her hair for a month. Shouldn't she have some sort of "new growth"? Why not just take the "L" and use a solvent to get it out? Then look at investing in some good wigs if her scalp isn't damaged. Chile... I would have to put some acetone in a spray bottle and try to get that mess out of my hair. Plus, "Goo Gone" spray works well for removing stubborn glue.

Hopefully, she's not dumb enough to try to sue the company. She would make herself look foolish. They're not responsible for consumer error.

I just don’t think she’s very smart. There is gorilla snot and there is g2b glued spray, I can see someone not so bright ordering gorilla glue spray by accident. I read a couple comments from others who stated that they had also bought gorilla glue by accident, but caught the error before they used it.

I get the impression that she still hasn’t resigned herself to the fact that she’s going to lose her hair. That’s why she hasn’t used the acetone. In her mind, that’s going to damage her hair further. She has been doing people’s (dumb) suggestions to apply coconut and tea tree oil under cling wrap. She, and others apparently, don’t seem to grasp the fact that her hair is thoroughly coated in an industrial strength polyurethane adhesive. There’s no salvaging it.

Theresamonet

Not holding my breath for it. She had a lot of cussing and stuff on her page

Plus she looks crazy as hell. lol

I just wish she could capitalize on it like the company.

She has gained hundreds of thousands of subs across her social media platforms. There is opportunity for her to capitalize off of this.

Last edited:

PatTodd

This has to be a stunt. Look how carefully styled her hair is. I doubt that Gorilla Glue has that much slip. She probably styled her hair with product -RECENTLY- and then set it with gorilla glue for attention. I say recently because, sorry to say, her lacquered down hair should’ve started snapping off by now Plus ant normal person would have sought help before a month passed.

I read that gorilla glue has reached out to her “marketing team”....ridiculous.

msbettyboop

Y'all, when I read it, I thought, "What a foolish question? Wash it out of course" because I was thinking of Gorilla SNOT! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Then I read properly. Did this person seriously apply super glue to the hair on her head???? The head which encloses her brain??????? What in the world!