Grape Seed Extract Accelerates Hair Growth

P

patient1

I purchased some grapeseed extract capsules (and Oil of Oregano softgels) for the immune-boosting power. I've gone weeks without picking up the sniffles my kids keep in rotation until a few days ago. I bought the whole foods gse @19.99 for 120 capsules. I'm hoping the two of these provide a 1-2 knockout punch to this bug.

I'll update in a week or so.

~p1

Last edited by a moderator:

morehairplease

patient1 said:
I purchased some grapeseed extract capsules (and Oil of Oregano softgels) for the immune-boosting power. I've gone weeks without picking up the sniffles my kids keep in rotation until a few days ago. I bought the whole foods gse @19.99 for 120 capsules. I'm hoping the two of these provide a 1-2 knockout punch to this bug.

I'll update in a week or so.

~p1

wishing you good luck p1!

MonaRae

patient1 said:
Are the two (grapeseed extract and grapeseed oil) different? I know grapeseed oil is a favorite among massage therapists because it's light and tends not to clog pores. It's also cost-efficient. I imagine the extract comes in a much smaller bottle for a much larger prices. I hope I'm wrong. I definitely want to look into this as an immunity booster for the whole family. I've used grapeseed oil before but never the extract.

Thanks for the info,
~p1

Thanks for this clarification. I use the oil for my body.

MonaRae

Isis

ONEBLESSEDRN said:
Isis,
How many mg's are you taking?

TIA
Oneblessedrn and Lady Lioness- I take only take one 60 mg capsule each day. My bottle (NOW Grape Seed Standardized Extract) recommends taking it 2 - 3 times daily with meals but I only take one.

I wish you much success Patient1 with your extract!

tnorenberg

Here's great news for those pregies out there:

Re: Is grapeseed extract safe during pregnancy? I have (+hpt mntd)

Posted by DrRandine on 16:35 2/25/2005:
In Reply to: Is grapeseed extract safe during pregnancy? I have (+hpt mntd) posted by bbea on 19:06 2/24/2005:

Yes, it is safe, and definitely recommended. I would suggest you take the multi OPC sources like ultra OPC or iso OPC which contains the pycnogenol from grape seed, red wine, pine bark, bilberry extracts, and citrus bioflavonoids. I have people take Iso OPC all through pregnancy. Keeps the blood from stagnating. Make sure you continue the omega-3's. Not only will they help with the blood flow, but contribute to fetal brain development.
Keep it up, Lea.
And breathe.
Warmly,
Dr.Randine

http://www.TheFertileSoul.com

vickid

When I was first diagnosed with alopecia, my derm told me to take grapeseed internally and use it externally on my scalp. She told me that grapeseed won't make the hair grow, per se, but it does help to keep the hair that you have. She said that almost all antioxidant oils help to retain hair (ie stop thinning) I've used grapeseed religiously for 3 yrs with no side effects and I haven't lost any more hair since I was originally diagnosed.

deltagyrl

:eek:
I will not submit to my inner PJ. I will not submit to my inner PJ.
My last purchase was a bone comb. My last purchase was a bone comb.

(Did I sound convincing?)

scorpian

delta_gyrl said:
:eek:
I will not submit to my inner PJ. I will not submit to my inner PJ.
My last purchase was a bone comb. My last purchase was a bone comb.

(Did I sound convincing?)

lol...yeah about as convincing as the rest of us PJ's when we say that we're not buying anymore products until we use up the ones that we have :lol:

tricie

I have been taking grapeseed extract for about a month; the brand is Source Naturals and I found it at The Vitamin Shoppe For $14.36 for 60 tablets (they're little); it's a little too soon to tell if it works, plus my hair is in cornrows. In addition to that, I take several different vits so it's hard to say which one is working the best or the most.

I do use grapeseed oil, but I use it primarily on my skin.

OT - I think the research is right on MSM; living here in Texas in one of the top 10 allergen-havin' cities in the US, mine usually acts a complete fool this time of year, what with sneezing, water eyes, etc. Since I have been on the MSM faithfully since January/end of December, I have sneezed 5 times in the last four months. Any time I can count them is amazing. Anyway, I said all that to say that the research noted that MSM is good for allergies. :grin:

Isis

belladionne922 said:
Anybody seeing any changes since taking this?
I've been taking the extract all along so I'm not sure about the "before" and "after" results. I love that it's good for my hair's growth, according to the studies. And I never get sick. Grape seed extract keeps the immune system very strong.

BTW, grape seed oil is totally different than the grape seed extract capsules if anyone is taking it because of this thread. I just wanted to clarify that.:)

gn1g

I watch a christian health show sometimes in which the lady always stresses that it is important to eat the seeds of the grapes, check out Valerie Saxion's on-air show notes www.silvercreeklabs.com/

Also, when juicing they always always tell you to eat the seeds of most all fruits except the apple. I guess the seeds of fruits are beneficial.

GrapeFRUIT seeds rid your body of candida

Empress Yahudah

I've been taking Isotinix OPC-3 from contains grape seed extract 25mg and red wine extract 25mg(which is also procyanidol)..i take it twice a day total of 50mg-grape seed extract and 50mg red wine extract.. I must say I havent had a cold,flu ,or sniffle since takin it.
ETA:Ive been taken it for so long and with other things so i cant say whether i have faster growth or not

Last edited:

gymfreak336

anyone still believe this stimulates hair growth??

I don't know but it did great things for my skin

Just as a heads up, if anyone wants to get this in their diet without taking a supplement, Buy Kashi Heart to Heart cereal. It has it in it. Very tasty too. Get some grapeseed and fiber all at breakfast

Irresistible

I've been taking Isotinix OPC-3 from contains grape seed extract 25mg and red wine extract 25mg(which is also procyanidol)..i take it twice a day total of 50mg-grape seed extract and 50mg red wine extract.. I must say I havent had a cold,flu ,or sniffle since takin it.
ETA:Ive been taken it for so long and with other things so i cant say whether i have faster growth or not

Another thing to add to the list! damn its costly to keep up with hair products and vitamins for me and my daughter on top of everything else, I swear!

SouthernTease

I take it for my skin...
had no idea it would work for hair...
anyway... it's only been a month so...
no visible results but I will subscribe to this
thread to keep you all posted.

Afro-Indi

I watch a christian health show sometimes in which the lady always stresses that it is important to eat the seeds of the grapes, check out Valerie Saxion's on-air show notes www.silvercreeklabs.com/

Also, when juicing they always always tell you to eat the seeds of most all fruits except the apple. I guess the seeds of fruits are beneficial.

GrapeFRUIT seeds rid your body of candida
Wow, that's awesome info!:yep:
Candida cleansers tend to get pricey:ohwell:

SouthernTease

y not just eat grapes, they taste good

I eat grapes too but I highly doubt anyone could eat
as many grape seeds that in one tablet of GSE...
its concentrated... anyone finding success yet...
when I reach the 3 month mark...
i can make judgment...
haven't noticed any hair/skin differences yet