Gratitude in the Gethsemane

kayte

I am going through a really challenging place. I am at a Crossroads
In African American folk tradition,The Crossroad is the point of initiation where the musicians battled for their very souls and played their fingers off. So...in surrender to this and claiming faith...
Faith means..(to me) faith means taking the next action even when you feel like giving up..faith means...just taking it one step..even if you cannot see the next step...trusting God has the destination and that all things no matter what they look like are really working together for good. I know others are in their own crossroads...it could be relationship,finances,vision,career,family,health...and God help us, some of us are even encountering all of these...at once

I wondered about a gratitude challenge as a way of affirmimg faith,
seeing the blessing in every day, to keep on,keeping on and not give up..especially just before the miracle,and because there really is so much to be grateful for and because our Lord is worthy and is an awesome God.

Maybe just a 7 day challenge to start where everyday we could check in and either say/name a gratitude or a bible verse or just to say ..
"said thank you to God" A friend of mine did this ..for a year..one day at a time........ and she said it changed her life..

In everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 NIV

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
2 Corinthians 9:15 NKJV

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts…and be ye thankful.
Colossians 3:15 KJV

I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.
Psalm 9:1-2 NLT

kayte

Oh good! I am so glad I am not alone. :)

:rosebud:I was thinking Independence Day to give/ allow time to any who want to join.....or as an alternative the first Sunday in this month..July 6th....

plainj

I love this idea. I need it RIGHT NOW! I don't know if I'll actively participate but I'll be taking plenty of notes. Still learning how to get through the rough patches while continuing to praise and thank God.

NGraceO

I also think this idea is splendid( splendid...who says that??)! I would love to join. I have began challenging myself every morning to get and just thank God for allowing me to see another day and not take life for granted period. I'll be checking in!

kayte

That's a great idea! :yep: Just let me know when you want to start

love this idea. I need it RIGHT NOW! I don't know if I'll actively participate but I'll be taking plenty of notes. Still learning how to get through the rough patches while continuing to praise and thank God

I also think this idea is splendid( splendid...who says that??)! I would love to join. I have began challenging myself every morning to get and just thank God for allowing me to see another day and not take life for granted period. I'll be checking in!

Thank you all...I really need this and am glad we are willing
to soldier on through gratitudes.

Shall we just get started,then...almost right away?
Say lets give one more day to give anyone else a chance to join?
and then start Friday July 4rth -
finishing the on 7th day Thurday July 10th. :)

kayte

DAY 1
Getting started! For me..I really want this 7 day gratitude challenge to jumpstart
a life long one day at a time entering into a gratitude diary one daily concious gratitude.
In terms of the challenge.... We can enter a gratitude ..it can be named ,claimed or anonymous,and/or it can include a bible verse that inspired your gratitude or a verse / prayer of thanksgiving.. ..
or however..you feel moved to express thanks :)

Giving thanks o precious Lord for not giving up today..and that YOU reminded me not to and that YOU never give up on me.
and I won't give up either.Thank you for the LOVE that never fails.In the name of Jesus. Amen

Gratitude ...Grateful for not gving up

My tongue is the pen of a ready writer
Psalm 45

Last edited:

Sashaa08

I am thankful to GOD this morning for being awesome and all-powerful! I can't imagine living life without the security of knowing that He is in complete control. I am thankful that He wants the best for me and knows what is best for me. I am thankful in advance for open doors and favor.

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. (Ephesian 3:20-21)

Sashaa08

Day 2: For His Mercy Endureth Forever (Psalms 136)

1 O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
2 O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever.
3 O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever.
4 To him who alone doeth great wonders: for his mercy endureth for ever.
5 To him that by wisdom made the heavens: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Highly Favored8

This is so true I am feeling this same way in my life. Last night when I went to sleep God said to me "Weep endureth only for one night but Joy will come in the Mourning". Then God spoke to me that this Time Next Year I will not be in this same place where I am at. Thanks for both of your posts and encouraging words!

kayte

Today ..I am thankful for the gift of forgiveness.....it is always available to give...I am willing to practice it at all times...all I have to do is be willing to forgive others,no matter what has been done..no matter what feelings I still harbor,no matter how much I humanly feel I still need to process...my part is to be willing to offer it up to God who always forgives me and The blessed Holy Spirit will do the rest.

The gift of forgiveness also comes to me for any harm I may have done knowingly or unknowingly including those sins I enjoy..or mask, I offer at the foot of the cross all these wrongs and that I will, through Christ to do better.By HIS stripes I am healed.

I bless and thank you God for the divine gift and healing power
of forgiveness.It was through your precious Son who died on the cross so that we might be forgiven. We have been promised Your blessed Holy Spirit. You have enable and empowered us as human beings the supernatural gift to release any wrong ...in forgiveness and love. And thus we are divinely blessed with love and peace and harmony. For these blessings and more,we Praise you,Lord. Bless my sisters on the journey,in the Holy name of Jesus .

Today's gratitude....Forgiveness

"The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him."
Daniel 9:9

Ephesians 4:32 KJV) And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Isaiah 53:5 KJV) But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Psalms 107:20 KJV) He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

ultrasuede

Today I am thankful that there is nothing to hard for God. And that one word from God can change my whole situation. That everything works for good to them that love God and are called according to his purposes and that God has it every situation in control. Also that God is perfecting that which concerns me.

kayte

Day 3
Today I am grateful for the community of Church or the Church of community namely my church but others too that allow those who love Christ a loving sanctuary to heal and learn and draw strength and inspiration even among the imperfections of being human,we gather to glorify the name of our Father and Christ and The Holy Spirit.
I love my Church and thank God for its ministers deacons,ushers,choir,members,chef,custodial,
administration,visitors ...
....it has been a shelter in the time of storm

Today's gratitude ..The Church

Thank God, there are those who really love the Word of God, and delight to meet, in holy fellowship, for the study of its precious truths. May the Lord increase the number of such, and bless them abundantly.

Psalm 122 (kjv)

A Song of degrees of David.
  1. I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
  2. Our feet shall stand within thy gates, O Jerusalem.
  3. Jerusalem is builded as a city that is compact together:
  4. Whither the tribes go up, the tribes of the LORD, unto the testimony of Israel, to give thanks unto the name of the LORD.
  5. For there are set thrones of judgment, the thrones of the house of David.
  6. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
  7. Peace be within thy walls, [and] prosperity within thy palaces.
  8. For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will now say, Peace [be] within thee.
  9. Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek thy good.

Gather the people together, men and women and children, and the stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the Lord your God, and observe to do all the words of this law; and that their children, who have not known it, may hear, and learn to fear the Lord your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it (Deut. 31:12,13)

And let us consider and give attentive, continuous care to watching over one another, studying how we may stir up to love and helpful deeds and noble activities; not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together (as believers), as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the Day approaching (Hebrews 10:24,25).

Last edited:

ultrasuede

I am grateful today that God is supplying all my needs,each and everyone of them. That the battle is not mine it's the Lord's. And that God's goodness ,mercy, and favor are following me. I worship him with thanksgiving and praise.

Sashaa08

Psalms 100
Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness; Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;[a]
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good; His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.

I thank God for being an ever present help and upholding me inspite of myself. He is worthy!!

Last edited:

kayte

Day 4
oh boy on a morning when EVERYTHING is going wrong...
really feeling tested...

I have gratitude for GOD,and JESUS and THE HOLY SPIRIT
and LOVE as GOD IS LOVE...God's love and peace beyond human understanding...

Today's gratitude ..my heavenly Father,His Son and,The Holy Spirit

The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul.Deuteronomy 30:20

O LORD, God of Israel, there is no God like you in heaven above or on earth below you who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue wholeheartedly in your way

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have everlasting life!"

Jesus Christ speaking] I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly [that it might be full and meaningful] (John 10:10).

Nothing shall separate us from the love of God
Romans 8:35

Sashaa08

Kayte, your verse was perfect today because I also believe that I am also being tested. However, I am confident that if we are being tested it is because whatever it is that we are waiting on is getting closer! :yep:

Today, I thank God that through every test and trial He gives us the ability to withstand it and a means of escape. He is a kind and generous God!

1 Corinthians 10:13

"13: There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it."

Last edited:

ultrasuede

Today I am grateful that God gave me patience for today and the knowledge to trust him with all my heart and lean not to my own undrstanding. To remain steadfast,and to hold my emotions in check. Trusting in God means that I will quickly move out of the wilderness and into God's promises which are true.

Sashaa08

I thank God for being worthy of all honor and praise.

Psalms 138: 1-5

1 I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
before the "gods" I will sing your praise.
2 I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.
3 When I called, you answered me;
you made me bold and stouthearted.
4 May all the kings of the earth praise you, O LORD,
when they hear the words of your mouth.
5 May they sing of the ways of the LORD,
for the glory of the LORD is great.

kayte

Day 5
Once again....this morning witnessing ... the door opened to close to open again....and wondering what ..what....whaaaaat?
Too many coincidences of multiple disruptions.....and in the spiritual realm there is no such thing as coincidence... but God is sovereign.
I am offering gratitude for work of the heart and its financial abundant prosperous rewards and benefits to receive to be able to give more
and offering gratitude IN ADVANCE for these numerous opportunities of work of the heart and prosperity

Today's gratitude ..blessed divine work of the heart as a gift from God,
that prospers me abundantly and my work gives joy to me and blessings to all who receive of it ...and I am blessed abundantly given more... to abundantly give more

He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth and no man openeth; I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept My word, and hast not denied My name.

Because to each one of us, God has set right in front of us an open door, a gateway, a portal, an opportunity to build our lives with Him.

This is really what God has done for each of us. Before each one of us, He has set an open door. To each of us is given that ultimate faculty: choice. And no one can close the door that God has opened for you or for me. No one except ourselves.

And we must use that door. It is there to go thru. And if we put the "little strength" given us by God into living for Him, if we use it to keep His word, and we refuse, no matter how much the world attempts to get us to deny Him, we can go [I]thru it to our bright futur[/I]e.

Does anyone doubt that Jesus has set in front of you an open door? In front of you? Turn to Luke 4:16-22 and let's read:
And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
3John2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth

It is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life." Ecc5:18

Kayte, your verse was perfect today because I also believe that I am also being tested. However, I am confident that if we are being tested it is because whatever it is that we are waiting on is getting closer! :yep:

I so needed to hear this Sashaa08,that I'm not alone and also that I believe you ..we are being tested not only because we ARE getting closer to what we are waiting on .... but also because the WHAT.. we are waiting on...is going to be Bigger & Better than we imagine..... :)
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift

Last edited:

Sashaa08

Day 5
I so needed to hear this Sashaa08,that I'm not alone and also that I believe you ..we are being tested not only because we ARE getting closer to what we are waiting on .... but also because the WHAT.. we are waiting on...is going to be Bigger & Better than we imagine..... :)
Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift

Bigger & Better!?!? :woohoo2: Girl, you better say that again! We need a high-five smilie!

ultrasuede

1 Corinthians 2:9

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Today I am grateful that God is walking with me and blessing me as I wait for my breakthrough. And for the paticipants in this thread whose helpful posts help me to keep my focus on The Lord and not my problems.

kayte

Bigger & Better!?!? :woohoo2: Girl, you better say that again! We need a high-five smilie!

Amen! BIGGER & BETTER & MORE BOUNTIFUL

ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE!..tee-hee

Last edited:

kayte

Day 6
Today I would like to give praise and thanks for beauty and for the gift of being a woman..and a daughter of God

Today's gratitude being a daughter of God..beauty and a woman

Psalm 139:14: "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and [that] my soul knoweth right well." ...

Song of Solomon"I am black and comely, O daughters of Jerusalem":

Psalm 45

1My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
2Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.

9Kings' daughters were among thy honourable women: upon thy right hand did stand the queen in gold of Ophir.
10Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear; forget also thine own people, and thy father's house;
11So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.

12And the daughter of Tyre shall be there with a gift; even the rich among the people shall intreat thy favour.
13The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold.
14She shall be brought unto the king in raiment of needlework: the virgins her companions that follow her shall be brought unto thee.
15With gladness and rejoicing shall they be brought: they shall enter into the king's palace.
16Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, whom thou mayest make princes in all the earth. 17I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.

1 Corinthians 11
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Today I am grateful that God is walking with me and blessing me as I wait for my breakthrough. And for the paticipants in this thread whose helpful posts help me to keep my focus on The Lord and not my problems.

Love that verse..Co-signing with you! ...thanking all partcipants :)..this has been such a blessing

Last edited:

Sashaa08

Ultra, that is a classic verse! One of my favs!

Sashaa08

Today, I am grateful for staying power and being a "kept" woman! :yep:

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

ultrasuede

Psalm 126
A Harvest of JoyA Song of Ascents.
1When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion,*
we were like those who dream.
2Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
and our tongue with shouts of joy;
then it was said among the nations,
‘The Lord has done great things for them.’
3The Lord has done great things for us,
and we rejoiced.

4Restore our fortunes, O Lord,
like the watercourses in the Negeb.
5May those who sow in tears
reap with shouts of joy.
6Those who go out weeping,
bearing the seed for sowing,
shall come home with shouts of joy,
carrying their sheaves.
I am grateful today for the ability to persevere.

Sashaa08

We may not see the harvest when we want to, but God is just and He will not be mocked. Today, I am thankful that if we continue to press (even when it seems that the harder we press, the worse the situation becomes), that He is faithful to bring it to pass. Great is Thy faithfulness!

Galations 6: 7-10
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. 9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith.

magviv

I want to join in! Today I am grateful for the job I have. It is sometimes stressful and there are difficult moments but God continues to demonstrate to me every day that as long as I have faith in Him no weapon formed against me shall prosper.