Gratitude in the Gethsemane

kayte

And I am also blessed to have all my bills paid this month. Praise the Lord! [/QUOTE

Co-signing with plainj your testimony is a wonderful demonstration of what the Lord can and will do. And I am also blessed to have all my bills paid this month. Praise the Lord!

It's wonderful seeing the Lord move in all our lives witnessing the miracles He has touched in your life with your family,Ultrasuede :)

COSIGNING ON THE BILLS PAID!!!
HALLELUJAH

Sashaa08

I am so happy to hear of your testimonies!! God is so awesome! He is truly a provider.
I am also blessed that my father celebrated is 76th birthday yesterday and he is still in good health and able to live independently and take care of himself quite well.

kayte

Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks be made for all men for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. 1 Timothy 2:1-2

When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice. Proverbs 29:2

Thank God for our new president and his first lady for the new direction,new vision
and the prayers of the forum for him

May we always have a President who is a man after Your own heart. May integrity and uprightness protect him because his hope is in You. Help him to live a blameless life, to trust You without wavering. May he walk continually in Your truth, and may he not neglect his time with You, no matter how busy or whatever the crisis. Help him to hear You clearly as You guide him through decisions that can affect our nation and the world. (1 Samuel 13:14; Psalm 25:21; 26:1b, 3b; Matthew 6:6; Isaiah 30:21)

Keep those who are deceitful or hypocritical away from him. When others are trusting in military might and power, may he trust in You and Your holy name; keep him on level ground as he leads. Hide him in the shelter of Your presence from the intrigues of men; keep him safe from accusing tongues. (Psalm 26:4; 20:7; 26:12a; 31:20)

May he know You as the Lord, his rock, his fortress and deliverer. Be his stronghold, his refuge and Savior. May he call to You, who is worthy of praise, and be saved from his enemies. Be his shield, and help him turn to You for wisdom without doubting; give him Your wisdom generously as You have promised. (2 Samuel 22:2–4, 31; James 1:5–6)

In Jesus' name, amen.

- Jim & Kaye Johns

Last edited:

kayte

I am also blessed that my father celebrated is 76th birthday yesterday and he is still in good health and able to live independently and take care of himself quite well.
A blessed birthday to your father..and many many happy returns!!!

kayte

I am grateful that the Lord is my shepherd and I shall not want.

Psalm 23
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures
He leadeth me beside the still waters
He restoreth my soul

ultrasuede

Job 22:27-28 (New King James Version)

27 You will make your prayer to Him,
He will hear you,
And you will pay your vows.

28 You will also declare a thing,
And it will be established for you;
So light will shine on your ways

I am thankful the Lord always hears our prayers and that we can look back and see how far the Lord has brought us. And this gives us the courage to believe that the Lord will continue to bless us and meet all our needs.

Sashaa08

Deuteronomy 15: 4-6
However, there should be no poor among you, for in the land the LORD your God is giving you to possess as your inheritance, he will richly bless you, if only you fully obey the LORD your God and are careful to follow all these commands I am giving you today. For the LORD your God will bless you as he has promised, and you will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. You will rule over many nations but none will rule over you.

I am grateful that the Lord will bless us as He promised.

kayte

The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands" (Deut 28:12).

From the Desert to the Promised Land
By Os Hillman

January 24

"The manna stopped the day after they ate this food from the land; there was no longer any manna for the Israelites, but that year they ate of the produce of Canaan" (Josh 5:12).

God calls you to eat from the fruit of your own work. During the exodus from Egypt, Israel had to eat manna, the supernatural provision of God because there was no ability to make a living in the desert. However, the moment they stepped into the Promised Land the manna stopped because God had brought them into a new place. The new land could yield food and provision for their families. They simply had to work it.

For most of us God has provided us an ability to derive our provision from the work He has called us to do. God made a covenant with His people that provision would always be there if we were faithful to His commands.

"You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock - the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks. Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed. You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out" (Deut 28:3-6).

In order for this promise to be fulfilled we must fulfill His requirements. We must love the Lord our God with all our hearts and minds. And we must avoid having any idols in our lives that will take the place of God.

Every believer is called to come at out of "Egypt" and enter into our own Promised Land. He has already set aside the land for you. It is your responsibility to prepare yourself to be able to derive the fruit from your land.

"The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands" (Deut 28:12).

Saying thank in advance for this beautiful promise~
Praise you God and thank you for listening and answering to the desires of the heart
in enterprise and in "the talents' You have entrusted and in the deeply personal

Last edited:

kayte

Psalm1
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

grateful that I am earning my living as an artist
be it teaching or performance
with all the challenges of being self employed..
clearly this has been a true gift from God

I remember frustration and fear
because I could not seem to get hired for temp
or office work as a side hustle..but the Lord has abundantly provided
and I am bold and humbled enough to ask and claim even more blessing
Thank you Lord

Sashaa08

Psalm1
But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night.
3 He shall be like a tree
Planted by the rivers of water,
That brings forth its fruit in its season,
Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper.

grateful that I am earning my living as an artist
be it teaching or performance
with all the challenges of being self employed..
clearly this has been a true gift from God

I remember frustration and fear
because I could not seem to get hired for temp
or office work as a side hustle..but the Lord has abundantly provided
and I am bold and humbled enough to ask and claim even more blessing
Thank you Lord

Making a living while doing what you love is a blessing indeed!

kayte

John 8
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

Thankful for Jesus Christ who is the Savior of my soul
Praise God

ultrasuede

Psalm 9:9-10 (New King James Version)

9 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed,
A refuge in times of trouble.
10 And those who know Your name will put their trust in You;
For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.

I am thankful for the presence of the Lord in my life at all times, good times and bad. It is so comforting and reassuring to experience this special blessing.

kayte

Ephesians 6:13
"Having done all...stand."

Jesus healed people in different ways. Some He spoke to, others He touched. One day He told ten lepers to go and show themselves to the priest. And the Bible says: "As they went, they were cleansed" (Lk 17:14). They were probably wondering, "When will it happen? How will it happen?" Faith doesn't demand details, it just keeps moving obediently forward, believing God for the right result!

Luke 8..39
Return to thine own house, and shew how great things God hath done unto thee. And he went his way, and published throughout the whole city how great things Jesus had done unto him.

Jeremiah 302
Thus speaketh the LORD God of Israel, saying, Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book.

Thanking the Lord in advance for the prosperous publication of my novel even though the externals do not seem promising.... keeping my eyes on the prize...on Jesus
thank Lord for this gift of responsibility

Last edited:

Sashaa08

I got this from "God's Daily Promises Newsletter"
This week's promise: Overcoming discouragement brings great blessing
What do you when hope fades?

Save me, O God, for the floodwaters are up to my neck.
Deeper and deeper I sink into the mire; I can't find a foothold to stand on.
I am in deep water, and the floods overwhelm me.
I am exhausted from crying for help; my throat is parched and dry.
My eyes are swollen with weeping, waiting for my God to help me…
But I keep right on praying to you, Lord, hoping this is the time you will show me favor.
Psalm 69:1-3, 13 NLT

Praying when hope seems dim
David's prayer recorded in this psalm essentially amounts to a simple, "Save me, I'm sinking." It's the cry of a desperate man who can't even think of helping himself. But at least David knew whom he needed to ask for help. Although he was exhausted from crying to the Lord in prayer, he kept on shouting to his God, the only one who could save him.

When waves of adversity threaten to drown you in despair, pray to God. Remember David's persistence, and keep on asking God for help.

Prayer for today:

Dear Lord, I am exhausted from crying for help, but I will keep on praying to you.

from The One Year® Book of Bible Prayers edited by Bruce Barton, Tyndale House Publishers (2000), entry for February 9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I never allow myself to become discouraged under and circumstances.… The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.
THOMAS A EDISON

Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House

ultrasuede

Psalm 92 (King James Version)

Psalm 92

1IT IS A GOOD THING TO GIVE THANKS UNTO THE LORD, AND TO SING PRAISES UNTO THY NAME, O MOST HIGH:

2To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,

3Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.

4For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.

5O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.

6A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.

7When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:

8But thou, LORD, art most high for evermore.

9For, lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.

10But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

11Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me.

12The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.

13Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.

14They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;

15To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

I am thankful that the Lord says that those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish. I am grateful for the faithfulness of the Lord. He is our rock.

Sashaa08

Thanks, Ultrasuede! This was a great way to start off my day-He is our Rock and no matter what-regardless of how we feel or our circumstances it is always a "good thing to give thanks unto our Lord!" :clap:

kayte

Psalm 92

10But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.

11Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me.

12The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.

13Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.

14They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;

15To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

I had a hard night and morning prayed the Lord would show me a word..
and opened the bible to Psalm 90.. 91 and 92....
I glanced at 90 and 91..but ignored 92

now here is 92!!!!
where I can't ignore it..anymore
I now acknowledge Psalm 92 is speaking to me :)
..the Lord had heard me and told me and answered
my prayer but I wasn't listening

thank you Ultrasuede

thank you Lord for answering me
and I claim your word in Psalm 92 as my hope
gratitude, promise, and prayer today and tonight

Last edited:

Sashaa08

No scripture today, but God has just been blowing my mind today! As you may know, I was looking to switch jobs-although I love my current position, the salary is very low. God denied the job change and later revealed to me that I am where I am supposed to be. Today, I got a sneak peak into what He meant. I have received overwhelming favor-everyone that I reach out to, offers to help, volunteer for programs, mentor students-getting our alumni to volunteer is sometimes difficult but recently I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring. Also, I was able to possibly tap into a summer program for some of our minority students which will increase summer employment. God is so good! I know that we say it all the time, but it's so exciting when He goes above and beyond!

ultrasuede

No scripture today, but God has just been blowing my mind today! As you may know, I was looking to switch jobs-although I love my current position, the salary is very low. God denied the job change and later revealed to me that I am where I am supposed to be. Today, I got a sneak peak into what He meant. I have received overwhelming favor-everyone that I reach out to, offers to help, volunteer for programs, mentor students-getting our alumni to volunteer is sometimes difficult but recently I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring. Also, I was able to possibly tap into a summer program for some of our minority students which will increase summer employment. God is so good! I know that we say it all the time, but it's so exciting when He goes above and beyond!

This is great to hear Sashaa, because nothing beats the favor of the Lord or the feeling you get when you just know you are experiencing his favor.

kayte

Thank God for blessings that overflow :)

Originally Posted by Sashaa08
No scripture today, but God has just been blowing my mind today! As you may know, I was looking to switch jobs-although I love my current position, the salary is very low. God denied the job change and later revealed to me that I am where I am supposed to be. Today, I got a sneak peak into what He meant. I have received overwhelming favor-everyone that I reach out to, offers to help, volunteer for programs, mentor students-getting our alumni to volunteer is sometimes difficult but recently I have been overwhelmed by the outpouring. Also, I was able to possibly tap into a summer program for some of our minority students which will increase summer employment. God is so good! I know that we say it all the time, but it's so exciting when He goes above and beyond

ultrasuede

Proverbs 8:32-36 (New International Version)

32 "Now then, my sons, listen to me;
blessed are those who keep my ways.

33 Listen to my instruction and be wise;
do not ignore it.

34 Blessed is the man who listens to me,
watching daily at my doors,
waiting at my doorway.

35 For whoever finds me finds life
and receives favor from the LORD.

36 But whoever fails to find me harms himself;
all who hate me love death."

Today I am thankful for the wisdom of the Lord and the benefits we obtain when he speaks and we listen.

kayte

Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.
- Deuteronomy 5:32-33

A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.-
Proverbs 11:24-26

Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be.
- Job 8:6-8

"Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you."
- Job 22:20-22

I can't thank the Lord enough...usually it's hard coming off holidays and then
with schools closing for the week in Feb..but an abundance of
appearance work has come in February for Black Heritage month so that my
rent which went up to over 1300 (!) this month
can be paid forward..March April May AND June
from appearance work alone...with only a small contribution
from my music teaching...and already work is coming
for the summer...summer was tough last year..
but this year...has barely begun...and I can breathe

thank you Lord for being kinder to me than I am to myself

Last edited:

ultrasuede

Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.
- Deuteronomy 5:32-33

A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed.-
Proverbs 11:24-26

Your beginnings will seem humble, so prosperous will your future be.
- Job 8:6-8

"Submit to God and be at peace with him; in this way prosperity will come to you."
- Job 22:20-22

I can't thank the Lord enough...usually it's hard coming off holidays and then
with schools closing for the week in Feb..but an abundance of
appearance work has come in February for Black Heritage month so that my
rent which went up to over 1300 (!) this month
can be paid forward..March April May AND June
from appearance work alone...with only a small contribution
from my music teaching...and already work is coming
for the summer...summer was tough last year..
but this year...has barely begun...and I can breathe

thank you Lord for being kinder to me than I am to myself

Praise the Lord! it is so wonderful when he does more than we can ask or think.

kayte

Praise the Lord! it is so wonderful when he does more than we can ask or think.
Thank you Ultrasuede...it is so true!

I keep running into that Ephesians verse....Now to Him who does exceedingly abundantly more than we ask..... to Him be the glory

Highly Favored8

I have not been in here in a while.

Lord, I Thank You b/c of your Living and True word the Bible.
I thank you Abba Father for all that you have done for me in my life thus far. I thank you Abba Father for my families lives as well. Father God I just give thanks to you b/c your word is so TRUE. I now know what it means when people say " taste and see how Good the Lord is". Abba Father I thank you! AMEN!

Sashaa08

This isn't a scripture but it really blessed me when I read this today. I truly believe that I am starting to see supernatural increase financially. I mean, I balance my check book and I should have only $100 leftover at most-but when I look at my bank account online, the amount is 6 or 7 times greater-even though all checks have cleared. It happened last month and it's happening again this month. It makes no sense at all and I can't explain it. I have checked the math and the calculations and I can't figure it out. It would be different if the checks were still out floating around somewhere, but they have cleared the account and there were no additional deposits reflected. To God be the Glory!

This is from Joel Osteen:
Believing for a Supernatural Year

You might have planned on having an average year but God has already lined up an extraordinary year. You might have planned on just getting by but God is planning on abundance. He's planning on overflow.

Often times we look at situations that are happening in the natural. We might look at the economy, or our pocket book and are tempted to look at this year with a limited perspective, not really expecting much. But we have to realize God is a supernatural God. Just because we don't see a way doesn't mean God doesn't have a way. You may not see how things will work out, but all you need to respond with is, "Lord, I believe." God is directing your steps and will put the right people in your path and put you at the right place at the right time.

You may be in debt, but God says, "You're coming out. You're coming into overflow." The economy may be down but God says, "You're going to see supernatural increase, supernatural promotion" Get it in your spirit that it's going to be a supernatural year.

Decide to increase your expectancy and get into agreement with God. You're going to have some, "Who would have ever thought this could happen to me" blessings, explosive blessings that you will blast you into a whole new level. It's going to be a year where you see dreams come to pass, a year where you get stronger and healthier. It's going to be a year where you look back and say, "Wow! God outdid Himself this year!"

kayte

This isn't a scripture but it really blessed me when I read this today. I truly believe that I am starting to see supernatural increase financially. I mean, I balance my check book and I should have only $100 leftover at most-but when I look at my bank account online, the amount is 6 or 7 times greater-even though all checks have cleared. It happened last month and it's happening again this month. It makes no sense at all and I can't explain it. I have checked the math and the calculations and I can't figure it out. It would be different if the checks were still out floating around somewhere, but they have cleared the account and there were no additional deposits reflected. To God be the Glory!

this is so exciting ....glad to witness and stand in agreement witth Joel Osteen
for you :)

ultrasuede

Sashaa, I am so encouraged and inspired to read about your supernatural blessings and I pray that we all will have more and more blessings this year. Praise the Lord!