Gratitude in the Gethsemane

kayte

Psalm 118

And you won't fear diseases,that strike in the dark,or sudden disaster at noon,You will not be harmed,

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,

Once again the Lord protected me..I was in the ER overnight with agonizing pain in the belly....it was hernia...with intestine trapped...and the doctor massaged it ..and it popped out without surgery...
though the area was tender....the pain was gone
I was able to eat w/out vomiting
and the before and after catscans showed the difference

PRAISE GOD...I was truly prepared to die but

Psalm 118:17-18
I shall not die, but live, and declare the works and recount the illustrious acts of the Lord.
The LORD disciplined me severely, but he did not allow me to be killed. ... The LORD has chastened me sore: but he has not given me over to death. ...

Last edited:

ultrasuede

Psalm 118

And you won't fear diseases,that strike in the dark,or sudden disaster at noon,You will not be harmed,

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,

Once again the Lord protected me..I was in the ER overnight with agonizing pain in the belly....it was hernia...with intestine trapped...and the doctor massaged it ..and it popped out without surgery...
though the area was tender....the pain was gone
I was able to eat w/out vomiting
and the before and after catscans showed the difference

PRAISE GOD...I was truly prepared to die but

Psalm 118:17-18
I shall not die, but live, and declare the works and recount the illustrious acts of the Lord.
The LORD disciplined me severely, but he did not allow me to be killed. ... The LORD has chastened me sore: but he has not given me over to death. ...

Praise the Lord for delivering you from your illness and allowing you to give thanks and recount the wonderful acts of the Lord once again.

Ms Red

I am so thankful to God for His Grace and Mercy.

On Tuesday, 5.5.09, while I sat in my driveway before leaving to drive 2 hrs. to work, God spoke to my heart and I felt the need to push my steering wheel in (creating more space between myself and the wheel). Not knowing why, but feeling that I *had* to do this, I listened and did. I turned on my gospel CD and started driving...

30 minutes later, the metal bucket of a tractor trailor doing construction swung out too far and struck my (moving) car and tore the entire roof off (making it a convertible). This sent the car down a revine (very deep ditch)... the car then accelerated and hit a tree. The paramedic who arrived on scene told me that had it not been for the Grace of God... he was expecting to pull out a body-- not a living and breathing (albeit badly hurt) woman. The paramedic marveled at the fact that had there not been so much SPACE between me and the wheel.. the contusion on my head would have surely been brain damage or worse...

My car is gone but my faith in God, in Jesus Christ... has NEVER been stronger.

ultrasuede

I am so thankful to God for His Grace and Mercy.

On Tuesday, 5.5.09, while I sat in my driveway before leaving to drive 2 hrs. to work, God spoke to my heart and I felt the need to push my steering wheel in (creating more space between myself and the wheel). Not knowing why, but feeling that I *had* to do this, I listened and did. I turned on my gospel CD and started driving...

30 minutes later, the metal bucket of a tractor trailor doing construction swung out too far and struck my (moving) car and tore the entire roof off (making it a convertible). This sent the car down a revine (very deep ditch)... the car then accelerated and hit a tree. The paramedic who arrived on scene told me that had it not been for the Grace of God... he was expecting to pull out a body-- not a living and breathing (albeit badly hurt) woman. The paramedic marveled at the fact that had there not been so much SPACE between me and the wheel.. the contusion on my head would have surely been brain damage or worse...

What a wonderful testimony of the Lord preserving your life. Praise the Lord!

kayte

THAT IS INCREDIBLE
PRAISE GOD..........................
I will praying for you and giving thanks to God along with you ..for His DIVINE Protection for you
that is a beautiful story and testimony

ultrasuede

I am thankful for the continuous support of the Lord who works everything out for my good .And who lifts my spirit with with courage and hope because I know he is in charge and has his hand upon me and that which concerns me. Blessed be the name of the Lord and all glory to him.

Psalm 71

1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame.

2 Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness;
turn your ear to me and save me.

3 Be my rock of refuge,
to which I can always go;
give the command to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.

4 Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked,
from the grasp of evil and cruel men.

5 For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD,
my confidence since my youth.

6 From birth I have relied on you;
you brought me forth from my mother's womb.
I will ever praise you.

7 I have become like a portent to many,
but you are my strong refuge.

8 My mouth is filled with your praise,
declaring your splendor all day long.

9 Do not cast me away when I am old;
do not forsake me when my strength is gone.

10 For my enemies speak against me;
those who wait to kill me conspire together.

11 They say, "God has forsaken him;
pursue him and seize him,
for no one will rescue him."

12 Be not far from me, O God;
come quickly, O my God, to help me.

13 May my accusers perish in shame;
may those who want to harm me
be covered with scorn and disgrace.

14 But as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.

15 My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of your salvation all day long,
though I know not its measure.

16 I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, O Sovereign LORD;
I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.

17 Since my youth, O God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.

18 Even when I am old and gray,
do not forsake me, O God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
your might to all who are to come.

19 Your righteousness reaches to the skies, O God,
you who have done great things.
Who, O God, is like you?

20 Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter,
you will restore my life again;
from the depths of the earth
you will again bring me up.

21 You will increase my honor
and comfort me once again.

22 I will praise you with the harp
for your faithfulness, O my God;
I will sing praise to you with the lyre,
O Holy One of Israel.

23 My lips will shout for joy
when I sing praise to you—
I, whom you have redeemed.

24 My tongue will tell of your righteous acts
all day long,
for those who wanted to harm me
have been put to shame and confusion.

kayte

Psalm 66:20
Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

From everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousnesswith their children's children -- with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.
Psalm 103:17-18

Oh Lord save us,give us success
Psalm 118

Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed."
Joshua 23:14

Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant ... this world - very great and precious promises"
2 Peter 1:4

Today....it is Feb 27...the landlord just slipped the March Rent bill under my door..I wrote out a check for 1340.00 while happily listening to U2 and in an hour when I go out for errands..I will pay the rent on time ..before it is due knowing rent through summer is assured with work of my heart that is paying me NOW

All praise be to God

Thank you God Thank you Thank you

The above was from the Praise report thread in February..and today I was feeling hurt and defeated and in despair...as God closed the door on one relationship..I thought how many others have gone

and my booking agent and I had a fight and I saw last night..on the website calendar she'd booked another black female author for June 3... a job I could have done...in Virginia and that stung...bad..I went to bed bitter and hurt
... I could used that fifteen hundred....so easily..

but I knew on waking ......I HAD to give thanks to our Lord now more than ever...because it feels hard to do..and then I came across this praise repost and it's STILL TRUE.

...in a couple of weeks I will be handing in pre-paid certified rent checks for June July AND August...Summer where I traditionally fall behind..sometimes months behind...
and go through incredible panic...

Summer rent assured of by God

Thank you Lord for remaining faithful even when I am not
for keeping Your promises
Thank You

Last edited:

ultrasuede

Psalm 66:20
Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

From everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousnesswith their children's children -- with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts.
Psalm 103:17-18

Oh Lord save us,give us success
Psalm 118

Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed."
Joshua 23:14

Not one word has failed of all the good promises he gave through his servant ... this world - very great and precious promises"
2 Peter 1:4

The above was from the Praise report thread in February..and today I was feeling hurt and defeated and in despair...as God closed the door on one relationship..I thought how many others have gone

and my booking agent and I had a fight and I saw last night..on the website calendar she'd booked another black female author for June 3... a job I could have done...in Virginia and that stung...bad..I went to bed bitter and hurt
... I could used that fifteen hundred....so easily..

but I knew on waking ......I HAD to give thanks to our Lord now more than ever...because it feels hard to do..and then I came across this praise repost and it's STILL TRUE.

...in a couple of weeks I will be handing in pre-paid certified rent checks for June July AND August...Summer where I traditionally fall behind..sometimes months behind...
and go through incredible panic...

Summer rent assured of by God

Thank you Lord for remaining faithful even when I am not
for keeping Your promises
Thank You

Yes sometimes we (I) have to keep our eyes on the Lord and remember just how much he has done for us in the past, which you are doing. Just as you said he does remain faithful. This is a comforting thought and my spirit lifts immediately with thanksgiving whenever I do this. Hope things get back on track with your booking agent.

Butterfly08

Today I am grateful for being registered in 2 more courses for my MBA. I now have 4 semesters left to complete (done by Dec 2010). I remember when I started this long process 3.5 years ago. Time really is starting to fly and I am getting excited.

I believe that even though there are so many sad things happening in my life right now, and the opposition is stronger than it has ever been before, I am more than a conqueror through Christ who strengthens me! :strong: :cup:

AWESOME THREAD! We overcome by the words of our testimony!