Great Beauty Supply Store in Downtown Brooklyn

ren214

Hey Ladies

I've found a great beauty supply store downtown Brooklyn in the Fulton mall area, called Beauty Feel Supply. They have almost every product you can think of including a wig shop, pibbs dryers and an array of dominican haircare products even dominican relaxers . Being the product junkie i am i stayed in there for an hour. Maybe some of you already frequent this place but this is the first time i saw it.

Feel Beauty Supply
370 Fulton Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Category: Beauty Supplies & Salon
Tel: 718-852-6889

Last edited:

silverlotus

yup, this is my preferred bss! i found it from one of kini's posts. it has just about everything, a true pj heaven. :yep:

Britt

I've been going here on and off for a few years. They are a litte pricey though. Thier salon brand items are def. pricier that other bss. I like that this bss is not all tight and cramped though.

Tamrin

unapologetic
Make sure you get all you need now in it. The fulton Mall will be closing soon. They are not renewing the leases. The will be taking down the mall as part of the new Redevelopment plan. Im gonna go check it out before all that.

buttaflye03

Make sure you get all you need now in it. The fulton Mall will be closing soon. They are not renewing the leases. The will be taking down the mall as part of the new Redevelopment plan. Im gonna go check it out before all that.

For real? Wow. Fulton Mall is like a landmark. So Macy's is leaving too? I need to google this.

BTW, I love that BSS! I always make sure to stop in when I'm in the area.

MsKipani

What!? I'm not surprised though! That is crazy...I can't imagine Fulton Mall not being there...How soon will it be closing?

Tamrin

unapologetic
As soon as the leases expire. Most of the stores are closed now. Thats why it looks so empty. One of my client's is part of the citibank team that funds the redevlopment of 1 hanson place. boy do they have plans for downtown. And as previouly stated with all that, the new Football stadium the 1 Hanson (clock tower) being converted to condos, they stated that they would have low income housing.. ..puuuhhlease. It has now been said its not going to happen. Brooklyn is about to become as expensive as Manhattan. So if you can buy real estate grab it now. I just did a refi for bed-sty at 1.8 million nuff said.

Last edited:

buttaflye03

I found this:
http://www.brooklynrecord.com/archives/2006/11/botoxing_fulton_1.html

November 6, 2006

"Botoxing" Fulton Street Mall

"This mall caters to African-Americans, Latinos, Caribbeans," Marvell Cruickshank, a third-generation Fulton Mall shopper, told the NY Times. "When they close down all these local shops that cater to our hair, the clothes we buy, the food we eat, where are we going to shop? Round up 10 people here, and I guarantee you they won't say they want a Banana Republic. We don't want another Manhattan. Let Brooklyn be Brooklyn." This woman makes a fine point, but with all the luxury housing set to be built in Downtown Brooklyn, local real estate firms are pushing to change Fulton Mall...
"There are no good restaurants, there's no midrange apparel or accessories," said Faith Hope Consolo, an executive with Prudential Douglas Elliman Real Estate, which handles store rentals in Downtown Brooklyn. "What we're aiming for is a better neighborhood all around. That doesn't mean Gucci, but maybe HMV, maybe Zara, maybe Equinox. We're addressing chain restaurants like Cheesecake Factory and Legal Sea Foods. We're not asking anybody to leave the street. We just have to bring in new stores in a way that everybody can work together. We're Botoxing Fulton Street Mall."
Ouch. Being that "botoxing" literally means injecting botulinum toxin to paralyze a muscle and smooth away unwanted wrinkles, this really isn't the most sensitive terminology. We've got to side with the Pratt Center for Community Development's recommendation to promote the mall as a "uniquely Brooklyn" headquarters for "urban gear" and "hip-hop fashion," and we hope that the shops selling only-in-Brooklyn items (like Tupac sneakers) can survive beside the wine shops, organic groceries, and other businesses that cater to the new neighbors.
Discount Sneakers in a Duplex World [NY Times]

Comments to this article can be found in the link. :ohwell:

Here's the Fulton Street Mall official website:
http://www.fultonstreet.org/