Great clips is the bomb ladies!!

Kinky4Agirl

Anyone get their hair cut at great clips? I do. And it's the best place I have discovered in a long time. I wanted a place I could go to get my hair trimmed or cut and not have to get shampooed. I had always seen great clips on the street but I thought it was just for yt.. Well, a friend told me about them one day about 2 yrs ago and I have been using them ever since. They cut and trim hair better than most salons I've been to. And yes they are mostly white people but they know what they are doing. I go in to get a trim and I am in and out in 15 min. No fuss, washing, blow drying, nothing. Just in and out. Great clips is awesome. If you guys are looking for a quick and easy trim without the fuss and over pricing... check them out. You won't be sorry. And yes, they are trained on all types of hair. I just got my hair shaved in the back and an asymetrical bob.. The girl was cuttin her a** off.

India*32

First Off, Ms Kinky4Agirl, You can't come on here talking about a fly axx Bob and no pictures. What! I love the Bob and now its Asymmetrical. You have to show the cut... What Up?

Last edited:

Kinky4Agirl

lol... Ok girlfriend. I will try. Dang, send me a pm and tell me how to get it from my cell phone to this site... I know I know.. I'm old skool.... lol

Kinky4Agirl

I see a lot of readers but no responses.. I hope this is because you all have never tried Great clips but will do so in the near future!!!:yep:

Amcd

Thanks for the tip. I will have to check them out. How do you prep your hair for your cut?

Last edited:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
I have never tried them...wouldn't mind giving it a go my next trim. How do you go in with your hair str8end? They cut hair in it's natural state? TIA.

Kinky4Agirl

To answer all your questions:

1- I go in just like I would if I were going to a black salon. I just go right after work or if it's the weekend, I get up and brush my hair and go. No prepping.

2-Yes, they cut hair in its natural state. They cut black mens hair as well.

3- My hair is relaxed. But I went to them for my big chop when I went natural and they trimed my natural hair for me as well.. They didn't have to wet it or anything. I also went even if I had oils in my hair. They are very professional and well versed in all types of hair.

4- Ok ya'll, I am still trying to get a picture to you guys. I just don't know how.

Kinky4Agirl

Oh and one more thing... If you have curls they can cut or trim it just like it is. You don't have to straighten it out or anything. They are very good.

homegirljiggy

great place for a simple trim, they can do layers too. I got a rhianna cut from them a few years ago and it was the best cut I had. I went from bsl, to rhianna! she did a great ob for $13 bucks

LivingDoll

I wonder if all of them are the same...you remember how some Hair Cutterys would do the "$11 cut only" for "others" but charge black women like $60 for a wash, cut, blowdry and style? I know they were sued for those types of practices but it went on for a long time. I wonder if all the Great Clips employ the same practices.

StarScream35

I looooove Great Clips and SuperCuts. I have never had a problem at these places. You tell to cut an inch and that's all they cut. They really do listen!

Kinky4Agirl

I wonder if all of them are the same...you remember how some Hair Cutterys would do the "$11 cut only" for "others" but charge black women like $60 for a wash, cut, blowdry and style? I know they were sued for those types of practices but it went on for a long time. I wonder if all the Great Clips employ the same practices.

Nope. They post all their prices on a big board that you can see when you walk in. They charge everyone the same. If it's not on the board, I do not think they service it. That's messed up what you said about the other cutterys. Glad they got sued!

LivingDoll

Nope. They post all their prices on a big board that you can see when you walk in. They charge everyone the same. If it's not on the board, I do not think they service it. That's messed up what you said about the other cutterys. Glad they got sued!

That's great! :yep: I may start taking DD there for trims.

Judwill07

I've tried Super cuts in the past and was happy. The Spring Equinox last day is today and I need to get a good trim, I think I might give Great Clips a try.

Kinky4Agirl

I looooove Great Clips and SuperCuts. I have never had a problem at these places. You tell to cut an inch and that's all they cut. They really do listen!

Yes they do really listen!!! When I got my hair in a bob the other day she even gave me a mirror so I could see what she was cutting in the back. It was her suggestion. She said she wanted me to make sure she was giving me the cut I wanted. Oh, and all their cuts are guranteed. If you do not like the cut, they will fix it for free when you come back in. The gurantee is on the sign when you come in... Love Love Love.. Great Clips!!!

StarScream35, what is supercuts like? I've never been to them.

StarScream35

Kinky4Agirl

Supercuts is about the same as Great Clips. The prices are the same, they sell the same stuff and the customer service is awesome. No walking out pissed........always walking out with a smile on my face.

Kinky4Agirl

@Kinky4Agirl

Supercuts is about the same as Great Clips. The prices are the same, they sell the same stuff and the customer service is awesome. No walking out pissed........always walking out with a smile on my face.

Thanks StarScream35. Oh yeah you're right. I forgot about the products. They sell some good products too like Paul Mitchell and Joico. Many others too!

DKO

The only stylist I trust cutting my hair or giving me a trim, I found through going to Hair Cuttery. I couldn't believe how inexpensive a roller set was (like Dominican prices $20). She now has her own spot but she can cut hair well. And through the years I've had my share of horror stories from stylist that "trimmed" and/or cut my hair.

kimpaur

Okay, if I ever get my hair trimmed , I'm definitely going there!The last thing I need or want is a setback. I wonder if they straighten natural hair too...

soonergirl

Please please please hear me ladies, unless you have a trusted stylist who follows your instructions, go to supercuts/mastercuts/great clips... You will have someone who listens, shows you what they are cutting, and will only cut what you say. I have had nightmare trims in the past. Never again! My yearly trims are done with great clips...

ShiShiPooPoo

I agree with this. I used to go to Regis years ago and an Asian woman named Nancy used to cut my hair. She cut it very, very short like Michelle Williams haircut. She cut down into the hair for texture, then used thinning shears to take out bulk. She really knew the art of cutting hair, not just to make it look good and grow out a mess.

I went to Supercuts for a chemical service and my hair broke off (totally my fault, I had just had a baby). I did go to them for a rollerset when I was relaxed and my hair was always swinging. I enjoyed the lack of drama and being about to pop in when I wanted and be out in 30min or less.

All aren't created equal though, some are better than others.