Great Hair Tips for Damaged Hair and Hair Growth

tnorenberg

Kamilah said:
Umm....did ANYONE else see that he said that "Afro hair doesn't grow"? He basically said some people's hair doesn't grow because of the TYPE of hair and genetics...I thought we were all vehemantly against this?

Well, obviously he doesn't know anyone who belongs to the LHCF...we've already proven him WRONG!!!!!!! Otherwise, great info. I think there is a lot of good info here. As I will take what I think works best for me and leave the rest.;)

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Whoa girl, I just had a brain overload from reading this!! Thanks for posting, this will really help me to get a handle on my breakage. I don't know how in the dickens I missed this thread. Again, great info and thanks a bunch for posting!!

nappity

This is great!!1 And a good reinforcement when I begin to think I'm doing something wrong. Love the emergency tips for damaged hair.

Lovelylocs

Well, obviously he doesn't know anyone who belongs to the LHCF...we've already proven him WRONG!!!!!!! Otherwise, great info. I think there is a lot of good info here. As I will take what I think works best for me and leave the rest.;)

Exactly! Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. ;) :giggle:

sweetsuccess

did i make the wrong decision

quick question:

i had patches throughout my whole head... but was easily hidden...(although the hair was left thin).... i had color that broke off my hair and had my hair falling out chunk by chunk.. i tried many cholesterols and treatments but i mustve misused them.

should i have cut it evenly and let it grow back?....

or should i have left it and tried to repair it??

because i was told that the different lengths in my hair would have made it break even more...

and i was left to cut my hair off... and its been almost 16months with no growth.

did i make the wrong decision??

Lovelylocs

Re: did i make the wrong decision

quick question:

i had patches throughout my whole head... but was easily hidden...(although the hair was left thin).... i had color that broke off my hair and had my hair falling out chunk by chunk.. i tried many cholesterols and treatments but i mustve misused them.

should i have cut it evenly and let it grow back?....

or should i have left it and tried to repair it??

because i was told that the different lengths in my hair would have made it break even more...

and i was left to cut my hair off... and its been almost 16months with no growth.

did i make the wrong decision??

Hmmmmm.... What treatments did u use? Did you use any treatments that were forumlated specifically for color-treated hair? I used one by I think L'oreal and it helped me a lot. I also did a lot of protein treatments, got a rinse to protect the cuticle, and then I started using Amla oil as a prepoo. Hair like new. ;)