Great Lengths Challenge 2008.....Open to All Lengths

MissMusic

Ladies why let a great challenge die! So come one come all, lets reach our potential. Lets end the year with a bang and show off that sexy new hair in the New Year. Who wants to join me?

The Great Length Callenge will begin August 1, 2008 and run for five months ending December 31, 2008.

Rules:
  1. ABSOLUTELY NO HEAT!!! (hood dryers OK):eek:
  2. ***Since some of us may not be able to pull our hair into a bun or pony just yet, baggying and co washing are optional.***
  3. At least 9-12 week relaxer stretches (YOU CAN DO IT!):lol:
  4. Weekly pre-poos and shampoos (This can be done bi-weekly if you are doing the co-wash method.)
  5. Weekly deep condition (moisture or protein depending on what your hair needs from week to week)
  6. Twice a day moisture and oil treatments
  7. At least two vitamin supplements per day
  8. 8-10 glassses of water per day (it's good for more than just your hair)
  9. Combing no more than twice per day (roller setting, wrapping, or flex rod setting will make this possible):perplexed
  10. 30 minutes of exercise at least 3 times per week (yes, walking counts, but working up a good sweat is even better!):D
This will be like Bootcamp Platinum Level, lol!

Challengers *Don't 4get to post a starting pic!
HoneyA
brightblueink
chichibean
Bublin
frizzy
Moisture2608
sandyrabbit
Classic
choconillaprincess
ShantWhite
karlap
thia
SignatureBeauty
tiffers
danigurl18
Valerie
Nubianqt
minJabs
Manushka
trinimonpeaches
Healthb4Length
Cloud06
tootrendy19
TashaK
Highly_Favored8
imanc84
naturalsigma
missnurselady
burmudabeauty
tsmith
Val
hillytmj
eroberson
arr1216
MissTy
yummied77
praisedancer
mytia
claud-uk

Last edited:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I'm in! This sounds good...trying to reach our hair's true potential! I'm going to add this to my siggy. I got serious hair goals to reach over the next 6-12 months. My starting pic is below. I might post a flat ironed pic later this week though ( no heat after August 1!).

Last edited:

monikr

I'm in. Of course this means I'll be cheating and getting a touch up a week earlier (Aug 1st), but after that a 5 month stretch sounds exciting. :grin:

chichibean

I'm in!!!! I was going to do this myself anyways so having the support will keep me motivated. The only thing is I don't take vitamin supplements... my body does not like them, however I always eat at least 6-8 servings of fruits-veggies per day. Is that good enough?

Bublin

Count me in...after a 'trim' of about 2 inches i need to get myself in gear....i also just got my Mega Tek.:grin:

MissMusic

I'm in!!!! I was going to do this myself anyways so having the support will keep me motivated. The only thing is I don't take vitamin supplements... my body does not like them, however I always eat at least 6-8 servings of fruits-veggies per day. Is that good enough?

Sounds good to me!

:welcome: Ladies!

Classic

Count me in too. My starting pic is in my siggy. I think I should be ok with everything. I dont really take vitamins, not consistantly anyway. But Ill try.

choconillaprincess

I wanna give it a go! i'm stuck at a hair plateau rite now and this mite be exactly what i need... i won't be able to start the no heat bit on the 1st though because i'm going to cali and i had a press scheduled... wanted to take advantage of the lack of humidity! but after that i'm totally in! my goal is to make full BSL by Christmas... which is about 2 more inches that's doable rite? i'll post starting pics around the 1st when i do my press!

ETA: also i'ma have to skip the supplements (it's just not my thing i think the body can handle most everything on it's own) and the working out (much as i want to! i can't because of a car accident i was in over the summer that left me with some knee trouble... unless anyone has any suggestions of workouts that are easy on the knees!)

Last edited:

ShantWhite

Please count me in! Pic in avitar is current. My only set back will be relaxing at the end of August. It will be my normal 12-week stretch (last one was May 26) plus I have a family reunion at that time.

I'm good on everything else though...:crossfingers:. My goal is full APL

Last edited:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I am so excited I forgot to post my starting pic. here u go

Attachments

• karlahair1.jpg
    karlahair1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 11
  • karlahair2.jpg
    karlahair2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 13

SignatureBeauty

Yes! Please count me in! My starting pic is in my avitar and I will not post another one until Dec.31st. .

Last edited:

MissMusic

I wanna give it a go! i'm stuck at a hair plateau rite now and this mite be exactly what i need... i won't be able to start the no heat bit on the 1st though because i'm going to cali and i had a press scheduled... wanted to take advantage of the lack of humidity! but after that i'm totally in! my goal is to make full BSL by Christmas... which is about 2 more inches that's doable rite? i'll post starting pics around the 1st when i do my press!

ETA: also i'ma have to skip the supplements (it's just not my thing i think the body can handle most everything on it's own) and the working out (much as i want to! i can't because of a car accident i was in over the summer that left me with some knee trouble... unless anyone has any suggestions of workouts that are easy on the knees!)

2 inches in Five months sounds like a sure fire win! You'll be full BSL in no time!

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I'm IN!!!!

Rules:
  1. ABSOLUTELY NO HEAT!!! (hood dryers OK)- No problemo :)
  2. At least 9-12 week relaxer stretches (YOU CAN DO IT!)- I usually stretch 12 weeks, but for the relaxer stretching challenge, I'm going 17 weeks this time around :yep:
  3. Weekly pre-poos and shampoos (This can be done bi-weekly if you are doing the co-wash method.)- I shampoo and dc two to three times a week
  4. At least two vitamin supplements per day- Taking Nature's Plus Ultra Hair Plus and kelp. When the kelp's done, I'm getting liquid silica
  5. 8-10 glassses of water per day (it's good for more than just your hair)- I try to drink half my weight in ounces err day :grin:
  6. Combing no more than twice per day (roller setting, wrapping, or flex rod setting will make this possible)- I only comb once a day
  7. 30 minutes of exercise at least 3 times per week (yes, walking counts, but working up a good sweat is even better!)- Walking, Winsor Pilates and Callanetics:D

Starting pic is in my siggy

Last edited:

danigurl18

Count me in!!! Here is my starting pic! I want to be 7 inches by December!

Attachments

• foto_71.jpg
    foto_71.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited: