Great Lengths Challenge 2008.....Open to All Lengths

MA2010

Dec 31st is right around the corner ladies!!! Am I ready????

I may post my pics a little early. Can't wait to see everyone's progress!

MA2010

START OF THIS CHALLENGE:
I am so in!!!! I'm doing most of that already. Well, here is my start pic!!!! Wet hair from July 15. I will try to get a dry hair start pic but my NG is shrunk and wild......:lachen:

ETA: Here is my dry hair start pic!!!!

MY CHALLENGE REGIMEN (I TWEAKED IT 50-11 TIMES):
I'm still in it to win it!!!

No heat, weekly pre-poos/shampoos, weekly DC, 2/day moisture/oil, taking vitamins, iron, and garlic pills, "dranking" water, combing hair once a week only when detangling in shower, and exercising at least 4 days a week (I'm in the Army):grin:!

I am loving this challenge. I started MegaTek last Tuesday (awaiting results). My favorite part is not combing my hair as much- the less manipulation the better!!!!

DEC 23, 2008 GREAT LENGTHS REVEAL!!!!!! MY HAIR HAS GROWN!!!!
http://public.fotki.com/Nurse-Manushka/dec-2008-end-of-year/

I texlaxed today after a 3 month stretch.

Wet hair picture to compare to the one above! I have straggly ends but I refuse to dust or trim..........:ohwell:

Flat Ironed straight! I refuse to trim or dust.....:look:

I love the texlaxed thickness of my hair.

Side View

This was a wonderful challenge. Thanks OP for setting it up! HHG to all of you and God bless! :grin:

Last edited:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Add me, add me.

Rules:
ABSOLUTELY NO HEAT!!! (hood dryers OK)
***Since some of us may not be able to pull our hair into a bun or pony just yet, baggying and co washing are optional.*** Ummm like for how long?

At least 9-12 week relaxer stretches (YOU CAN DO IT!) Can do I go 16 wks already.

Weekly pre-poos and shampoos (This can be done bi-weekly if you are doing the co-wash method.) Dont know about the pre-poo, I dont know much about it...:look:

Weekly deep condition (moisture or protein depending on what your hair needs from week to week) Can do.

Twice a day moisture and oil treatments Can do the moisture, I will be under my LF so I dont know about that oil.

At least two vitamin supplements per day I got 5 of these LOL

8-10 glassses of water per day (it's good for more than just your hair) Imma try my darniest

Combing no more than twice per day (roller setting, wrapping, or flex rod setting will make this possible) Can do I will only be combing one week at a time

30 minutes of exercise at least 3 times per week (yes, walking counts, but working up a good sweat is even better!) Can do!

***Can I still join?

Last edited:

ShantWhite

Finally! I was able to figure out how to compress and post pics... :perplexed

The first pic is my August textlax (hope I spelled that right - lol). The second two are from December. This was a great challenge and I'm proud to have reached my goal of full APL. :yep:

Hopefully by June 2009 I can reach full BSL...??

Attachments

• August 2008.jpg
    August 2008.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 15
  • December 2008-1.jpg
    December 2008-1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 10
  • December 2008-2.JPG
    December 2008-2.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 11

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Forgot I had to post pics in this thread too.

From July (just before the challenge started) to December 2008. Good challenge! I got good growth and thickness.

Last edited:

MissMusic

Finally! I was able to figure out how to compress and post pics... :perplexed

The first pic is my August textlax (hope I spelled that right - lol). The second two are from December. This was a great challenge and I'm proud to have reached my goal of full APL. :yep:

Hopefully by June 2009 I can reach full BSL...??

you made great progress! I'm sure you will reach your next goal by June.

MissMusic

START OF THIS CHALLENGE:

MY CHALLENGE REGIMEN (I TWEAKED IT 50-11 TIMES):

DEC 23, 2008 GREAT LENGTHS REVEAL!!!!!! MY HAIR HAS GROWN!!!!
http://public.fotki.com/Nurse-Manushka/dec-2008-end-of-year/

I texlaxed today after a 3 month stretch.

Wet hair picture to compare to the one above! I have straggly ends but I refuse to dust or trim..........:ohwell:

Flat Ironed straight! I refuse to trim or dust.....:look:

I love the texlaxed thickness of my hair.

Side View

This was a wonderful challenge. Thanks OP for setting it up! HHG to all of you and God bless! :grin:

You're hair looks great! It did grow! Great work!