Great Lengths Challenge...And We're Off

smuice

LaReyna756 said:
I know I'm late, but count me in! I started vitamins a couple of weeks ago--a multi vitamin/ mineral supplement, 5,000 mg Biotin, and 3,000 mg MSM. I went to the gym today, and I'm upping my water intake. So I'm on the right track. I will try to post starting pics soon.

Hi Ladies,

I am a newbie but I am definitely in for this challenge I am too starting late, but better late than never, I will post my start pics in my fotki once its set up! Good luck to you all.

With God everything is possible.....;)

Current Length: Shoulder on sides, below shoulder in the back
Hair type: 3c-4b, natural
Vits: Ultranourish hair, Grapeseed extract, flaxseed, starflower oil, MSM, B-complex
Products: Root Energizer Growth oil, Henna, Infusium23 Leave-in, Shea butter, EVOO, Amla oil, Shikakai.

Choklatekiss79

HEY!!!! I logged in this morning and was like WHOA...more challengers!! :)

Welcome and Good Luck:
smuice
LaReyna756
tnorenberg (sorry about that)
pamsc29210
tkj25
camosil
MzLady78

I, for the life of me, can't figure out how to get pictures into my siggy. Can someone help me out on this one? I do have starting pics in my photo journal. The link and password are in my siggy.

Guess What....... I just hit the 11 week mark of my relaxer stretch. I was going to relax at 12, but things are going pretty well, so I may shoot for 16. :eek: Trying to prove that short-haired ladies can stretch successfully. LOL Wish me luck!!!:D

OOOHHHH!!!! I came across an old thread about a Carrot Juice Challenge. Isis, who has beeeeaaautiful hair swears by it and says that it aids greatly in hair growth. I bought some last night. I love carrots, but I must admit that the flavor with that consistency is something that I will have to get used to. Anyone tried this before?

Here's the link to the thread...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=24008&highlight=carrot+juice

mzhotniz86

nope, i couldnt do the carrot juice thing. I HATE carrots lol. been that way since i was little. i put my first pic in my siggy so you can see what im working with. my ends are kind of frayed from when i went to the salon. the girl didnt really take her time and "trim" my split ends. more like she just cut what she wanted. so my ends are still damaged. can anyone suggest some protective styles? right now my hair is just pinned up in the back, but i think the bobby pin might put more stress on my ends. :/

Last edited:

Choklatekiss79

welcome Guyaneek!!

mzhotniz86....have you tried braid outs or twist outs? You can roll the twists/braids on flexi rods or put them in bantu knots for a tighter curl. I guess this would be considered semi protective. That may help to keep your ends from rubbing on your clothing. Can't wait til I have that problem again! (sigh) :)

Amour

Count me in PUH-LEASE :p ... this is hopefully become a new hair culture for me...

I plan on sticking to the rules, I will get my bf to buy me a hooded dryer, I will buy and take biotin, msm and a good multi vit everyday and drink carrot juice FREQUENTLY when i'm at home with my juicer (my bf doesn't have a juicer so when I stay at his I can't drink it) so when I am not a home I will make a hign protein shake/ have a nutriment :)

mzhotniz86

Choklatekiss79 said:
welcome Guyaneek!!

mzhotniz86....have you tried braid outs or twist outs? You can roll the twists/braids on flexi rods or put them in bantu knots for a tighter curl. I guess this would be considered semi protective. That may help to keep your ends from rubbing on your clothing. Can't wait til I have that problem again! (sigh) :)

no , havent tried those. ill have to look into it.i usually wrap my hair at night, but from what ive been reading about it thinning the hair out I think i will try that. oh , and pretty sure with this challenge you will have that "problem" in no time lol. hopefully i can stick to this. Im very bad at routines :)

MzLady78

Choklatekiss79 said:
HEY!!!! I logged in this morning and was like WHOA...more challengers!! :)

Welcome and Good Luck:
smuice
LaReyna756
tnorenberg (sorry about that)
pamsc29210
tkj25
camosil
MzLady78

I, for the life of me, can't figure out how to get pictures into my siggy. Can someone help me out on this one? I do have starting pics in my photo journal. The link and password are in my siggy.

Guess What....... I just hit the 11 week mark of my relaxer stretch. I was going to relax at 12, but things are going pretty well, so I may shoot for 16. :eek: Trying to prove that short-haired ladies can stretch successfully. LOL Wish me luck!!!:D

OOOHHHH!!!! I came across an old thread about a Carrot Juice Challenge. Isis, who has beeeeaaautiful hair swears by it and says that it aids greatly in hair growth. I bought some last night. I love carrots, but I must admit that the flavor with that consistency is something that I will have to get used to. Anyone tried this before?

Here's the link to the thread...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=24008&highlight=carrot+juice

Thanks for the add and the welcome! I'm gonna post my starting pics this weekend when I get my hair done and start working on my regimen.

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I started yesterday. I made a conscious effort to drink as much water as I could. I think I got in 6 glasses. I tried to take one of my vitamins, but it was just too much for me.I think I'm going to cut them in half and mix them up with my food until I get a chance to get another kind.

Hopefully I can get a hold of a camera and post a start pic at the end of the week.

jnicole

Hey everybody!
Just checking in. I wanted to say good luck to everyone! I'm very excited about this challenge. It's going to be amazing to see all the faboulous heads of healthy hair at the end of the year. I still have to post my pics and or make a fotki. Thanks in advance ladies for all your help!! Have a great day! :D

tiger4513

mzhotniz86 said:
nope, i couldnt do the carrot juice thing. I HATE carrots lol. been that way since i was little. i put my first pic in my siggy so you can see what im working with. my ends are kind of frayed from when i went to the salon. the girl didnt really take her time and "trim" my split ends. more like she just cut what she wanted. so my ends are still damaged. can anyone suggest some protective styles? right now my hair is just pinned up in the back, but i think the bobby pin might put more stress on my ends. :/

You may want to try the Good Hair Day Pins. You can find them at Sally's for under $5 for a pack of 10. I also stopped using bobby pins and now I am using the Good Hair day pins. Here is a pic
HTH

ddean

Hello Ladies:wave: ,
I've been lurking for a few months, so this is my first official post. I've already received more info in the last few months than I've received in the past 30 sumthin years! I know I'm a little late, but I would love to join the Great Lengths Challenge. I'm already following most of the rules, though I need to get back on track with exercising. I don't have a fotki yet, but my starting pic is in my avatar. HHG everyone!!

Frustrated

Count me in too! I had to get total of 2 1/2 inches cut off my hair within 3 weeks so I am above chin length in the front and neck length in the back. My starting point is my avatar.

Last edited:

Ms. Cleo

My starting pic is in my siggy. I am getting ready to put my hair in kinky twists. I bought some hair today. The plan is to stick to the Crown and Glory method during this challenge.

Happy hair growing everyone!!!!!!!:bouncy:

Choklatekiss79

Cool!!!! :D Looks like you have a nice healthy starting pont. How did you get the pic in your siggy? My avatar is my starting pic, but Id like to know how I get another one in my siggy.

Ms. Cleo

Choklatekiss79 said:
Cool!!!! :D Looks like you have a nice healthy starting pont. How did you get the pic in your siggy? My avatar is my starting pic, but Id like to know how I get another one in my siggy.

Why thanks!! You should see my hairline tho!

Anyhoo, I just learned how add a picture to my siggy. Black Cardinal took the time to explain how to do it here: Black Cardinal's LHCF How-to Guide

I used ImageShack.

Choklatekiss79

Thanks Ms. Cleo!:)

Hey Everyone.......I put new pics in my photo journal. :D The url, username, and password are in my siggy. You can read my journal and/or just go straight to the pics. Lemme know what you think. I'll be updating them this weekend after I relax. WOOHOO!

MzLady78

Choklatekiss79 said:
Thanks Ms. Cleo!:)

Hey Everyone.......I put new pics in my photo journal. :D The url, username, and password are in my siggy. You can read my journal and/or just go straight to the pics. Lemme know what you think. I'll be updating them this weekend after I relax. WOOHOO!

I'm relaxing this weekend too, but I'm debating what else I'm gonna do with it. I was gonna have her do a ponytail, but I ordered some BT and want to be able to use it without messing up my style. Then I was thinking about going to the African braiders and getting cornrows with a ponytail. I have no clue.

eunique

where are you Great Length ladies?

me w|my completed braids. ;] i love 'em. i even did the middle by myself.

Last edited:

Choklatekiss79

Hey eunique!!! :D

I'm here. I just finished my first relaxer stretch (12 weeks) I put pics in my photo journal. Check it out when you get a chance.

smuice

Choklatekiss79 said:

I'm here. I just finished my first relaxer stretch (12 weeks) I put pics in my photo journal. Check it out when you get a chance.

Hi I am in the middle of completing my braids myself, it takes forever but I have posted a pic of my starting point:

Good Luck to all:lol:

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
Hey I'd like to join if its not too late. I can't post pics so my starting point is in my avatar. I'll be making a few adjustments such as taking a daily multi vit and drinking carrot juice (I can't swallow pills to save my laugh) I also will be cutting down on the exercise to 1x a week cos I'm trying to gain weight.

Ms. Cleo

I am here. I finished my twists while watching "Roots" Sunday night. I will put a picture up eventually.

Choklatekiss79

Today 11:29 AMKeraKrazyHey I'd like to join if its not too late. I can't post pics so my starting point is in my avatar. I'll be making a few adjustments such as taking a daily multi vit and drinking carrot juice (I can't swallow pills to save my laugh) I also will be cutting down on the exercise to 1x a week cos I'm trying to gain weight.
Welcome!!!!!:D We're just getting warmed up!

Desert Skye

I want to join this challenge. I want to grow my hair to waist length. I currently do not use heat except my dryer. My starting point is my bra strap.I will drop in and show my progress.

septemberbaby

Choklatekiss79 said:

Choklatekiss your hair looks really nice! I love the pics with the curley hair and satin scarf. You're doing a great job with styling your hair while stretching relaxers. I wish i had the patience to do twist/braidouts with nape length hair. :ohwell: I'm just bunning these days because it's easier.

eunique

i was like where'd everybody go? lol! nice to see you ladies keeping up with things. i'm gonna check out some fotki's. i need to make one. i'm just lazy lol.