Great Lengths Challenge - Mid Neck and Above

Choklatekiss79

Hello Everyone:

It's so encouraging as a newbie to find LHCF and see that so many women with varying hair types have grown their hair to beautiful lengths.

For us short and sassy sisters, I thought it would be fun to form a mini support group. If you're neck length and above and want to achieve greater lengths, join the challenge and let's make it happen!

The Great Lengths Challenge will begin April 1, 2007 and will run for 9 months until December 31, 2007.

Rules:
  1. ABSOLUTELY NO HEAT!!! (hood dryers OK):eek:
  2. ***Since many of us may not be able to pull our hair into a bun or pony just yet, baggying and co washing are optional.***
  3. 9-12 week relaxer stretches (YOU CAN DO IT!):lol:
  4. Weekly pre-poos and shampoos (This can be done bi-weekly if you are doing the co-wash method.)
  5. Weekly deep conditioners (moisture or protein depending on what your hair needs from week to week)
  6. Twice a day moisture and oil treatments
  7. At least two vitamin supplements per day
  8. 8-10 glassses of water per day (it's good for more than just your hair)
  9. Combing no more than twice per day (roller setting, wrapping, or flex rod setting will make this possible):perplexed
  10. 30 minutes of exercise at least 3 times per week (yes, walking counts, but working up a good sweat is even better!):D
I'm really excited about this challenge. Also, it would be really neat if everyone could share progress photos each month throughout the challenge. I'll make sure mine are uploaded and ready to go at the start of the challenge. Send a cyber shout if you want in!!!

Happy Hair Care!:)
BTW: I'm a chin length 4A or B striving for shoulder legnth by the end of the year.

SexySin985

Choklatekiss79 said:
Hello Everyone:

It's so encouraging as a newbie to find LHCF and see that so many women with varying hair types have grown their hair to beautiful lengths.

For us short and sassy sisters, I thought it would be fun to form a mini support group. If you're neck length and above and want to achieve greater lengths, join the challenge and let's make it happen!

The Great Lengths Challenge will begin April 1, 2007 and will run for 9 months until December 31, 2007.

Rules:
  1. ABSOLUTELY NO HEAT!!! (hood dryers OK):eek:
  2. ***Since many of us may not be able to pull our hair into a bun or pony just yet, baggying and co washing are optional.***
  3. 9-12 week relaxer stretches (YOU CAN DO IT!):lol:
  4. Weekly pre-poos and shampoos (This can be done bi-weekly if you are doing the co-wash method.)
  5. Weekly deep conditioners (moisture or protein depending on what your hair needs from week to week)
  6. Twice a day moisture and oil treatments
  7. At least two vitamin supplements per day
  8. 8-10 glassses of water per day (it's good for more than just your hair)
  9. Combing no more than twice per day (roller setting, wrapping, or flex rod setting will make this possible):perplexed
  10. 30 minutes of exercise at least 3 times per week (yes, walking counts, but working up a good sweat is even better!):D
I'm really excited about this challenge. Also, it would be really neat if everyone could share progress photos each month throughout the challenge. I'll make sure mine are uploaded and ready to go at the start of the challenge. Send a cyber shout if you want in!!!

Happy Hair Care!:)
BTW: I'm a chin length 4A or B striving for shoulder legnth by the end of the year.

Neck length checkin in:wave:

I cut my hair back in Dec in a bob so I will be happy to join this challange with you.:D

candy1214

I have yet to join any challenge, so I'll join this one.

This also forces me to start taking/keeping a hair album.
:) :) :) :) :)

Choklatekiss79

Candy1214...

What's up fellow Washingtonian. Glad you decided to join the challenge.

I forgot to mention protective styles. These are great as well!

candy1214

Choklatekiss79 said:
Candy1214...

What's up fellow Washingtonian. Glad you decided to join the challenge.

I forgot to mention protective styles. These are great as well!

HEY NEIGHBOR!! :wave:

caribeandiva

Human being
i would join this but i can't give up heat altogether. me and flatiron are soulmates with weekly visits. i already do everything else on the list though.

Anancy

Sounds great, can i joi? I recently chopped a few inches off my hair so im currently chin length.
Im transitioning and hope to have atleast shoulder length hair by the end of the year. Because of the 2007 head-to-toe challenge im already trying to drink more water and i've been going to the gym 3 times a week.

I did not plan on taking any vitamins but i guess i'll have to if i want to join - can my iron pills count? If so great, i'll just join my hubby in taking multivitamins.

hothair

I'm in. Got a TWA since bc-ing (again)last month. Doing all of the things right now. Only thing can I update pix from April every three months? Want to join the HYH challenge too.:p

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I don't know about this one. I do just about everything, except I hate taking pills, so I don't know if I can make the supplement requirement,

Pamsc

Im in also!! I too am new to the boards, so this will be my first challenge. Currently, I am wearing kinky twist ( taking them in out mid April), but I can still follow the regimen.:)

hothair

Ok thought I should put up a list of those in at the moment:
1. Chocolatekiss79
2. SexySin985
3. candy1214
4. caribeandiva (+ heat?)
5. Anancy
6. MamaBraidedIt
7. ms.gafeney
8. hothair (3 month pic update)
9. B-Phlyy (- vitamins?)
10. Scarcity21
11. MissCongeniality
12. Tishee
13. jnicole
14. pamsc29210
15. locabouthair

Any more takers?! Just add to the list:)

Choklatekiss79

I'm glad to see that so many of you have joined the challenge! For those of you who need a pass on one of the requirements, no sweat. Let's just vow not to skimp on more than one. Deal?:)

btw....Thank you hothair for making the list! That's very helpful.

SNyeema

Count me in. I joined the shoulder challenge a while back but I think I fell off. since this challenge doesn't start until April 1 I'm ahead of the game. The summer months are going to be hard but I'm determined. I'm currently chin length as well and will be documenting with photos. Great idea!

Choklatekiss79

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!! crvlnghair, ldp, Me2, SNyeema, caribeandiva, Incredible1ne

Natural sistas can definitely join the challenge.
We all have the same goal - healthier and longer hair!:)

BTW..As we get closer to April 1, Ill post an official list of everyone participating in the challenge.

Thanks Ladies!:D