Great New Product(s)!!!!

Courtney

Hola Everyone!!!

After a recent splurge at the beauty store last week, I just thought I'd comment on my two new MUST HAVE hair products. The first one I actually didn't get from a beauty supply, I got it from one of the more expensive bath & body works (there's two, the normal one, then the really expensive one with a massage parlor right in the store). Burt's Bees. My God that it some great stuff!!! The Burt's Bees Hair butter treatment is probably the best conditioning treatment I've tried in a long time. What I like most about it is that it's 99.25% natural, it works better that any other non-natural conditioner I have, it makes my hair soooooo soft and you put it on BEFORE shampooing, THEN you rinse it out with a pea size amount of 'poo (it is pretty thick). It also smells really really great. When your styling your hair, it can also be used as protector for your ends. (*sigh*) I just love this product so much. As for my second product, it actually was a product I HATED at first but now I don't think I can go on without it, lol. John Frieda Ripple Effect. Yes you can gasp, but I found out, it wasn't the product that was making my hair look like a wet dog's coat, it was the way I was using it and what I wasn't using it with. I wash my hair with my new Burt's Bees stuff, add a little oil or moisturizer to my soaking wet hair (either motions pink oil or care-free curl or something like that), then I lightly coat my ends with the Burt's Bees stuff and add enough of the ripple effect to it. Then I flip my head completely over and scrunch until my hair dries from soaking wet to damp. Then to get it completely dry, I continue scrunching while using a diffuser. It comes out great! I don't know how it works in other people's hair, but I have very loose 4a/3c hair (kinda fine and soft textured for 4a, guess I don't know what it is) that has been lightly relaxed (not really straight, but the relaxer has made my hair easier to straighten). My hair ends up looking very 3A, very soft and very natural. Because my hair is cut in a face frame, the curls end up laying very nicely...no frizz at all. This is my new fav hairstyle, I get such a break from the straight, very fried hair and it's quick and easy. Plus I find that with this style I can go alot longer between relaxers because my hair just starts to blend. It's great, I love it and I just had to share with you ladies, lol!!!!!

3c/4a relaxed
Current: slightly past shoulder length
Goal: Bra Strap length

Spicee1t

[ QUOTE ]
Courtney said:
Hola Everyone!!!

After a recent splurge at the beauty store last week, I just thought I'd comment on my two new MUST HAVE hair products. The first one I actually didn't get from a beauty supply, I got it from one of the more expensive bath & body works (there's two, the normal one, then the really expensive one with a massage parlor right in the store). Burt's Bees. My God that it some great stuff!!! The Burt's Bees Hair butter treatment is probably the best conditioning treatment I've tried in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the review. I just ordered some of the Burt Bee's Avocado Hair Butter Treatment. Is this the same stuff that you're talking about? If so, I can't wait to try it. You make it sound sooo good.