Great Protective Style.

TemiLnd

Heheh thats my girl D. I remember her natural hair when we were in Grad school. I keep seeing all my friends on LHCF this week.

Essensual

I really like that! It's simple, elegant and can be dressed up nicely with the right hair accessories! Thanks for linking!

pookaloo83

That was cute. I wonder how it will look on relaxed hair. On natural hair it looks nice and thick. My hair seems like it's too anorexic for that. But I might try it.

bbdgirl

Thank you so much for sharing that link
I just might rock that hair style tomorrow I was wondering what I should do with my hair anyway

She is so cute and I love her accent too!

TheCoilWhisperer

wore it today and it was a big hit. I don't have combs (will be picking them up soon) so I used bobby pins. Had a tough time tucking my straight ends in at first but once I got the hang I was happy. Thanks for the thread!

winnettag

That is beautiful!
Unfortunately, my hair doesn't get along well with any type of brush and getting that comb to keep all my hair under there would be a fight for me....never been good with hair styling tools..... or making a decent ponytail. I'm a mess.

HeChangedMyName

I like that. I WILL be doing this tomorrow. hope it works with the small combs I have. I have relaxed hair, pookaloo, I'll let you know how it turns out

ETA: since this is so simple, I just did a trial run. It is still cute on my relaxed hair. I haven't had a comb in my hair since Saturday so it has a little extra bigness to it I suppose.

Last edited:

YankeeCandle

I love her; she's one of my favorite YouTube people. My hair type is looser than hers so I can't do all the things she does with her own, but I love watching. And she gives very no-nonsense "lectures" about things like tools and products. Short but information-packed.

Is she on LHCF?

Soliel185

^^ I don't like to brush my hair like that either, but I know it works for some.

I only use brushes on my edges - I always felt like they were ripping my ends up. I want to try it on textured hair - hers was very smooth, like it had been stretched or very roughly blown out. I think it would look great on an old braid/twist out and I think I will add a bang as well...maybe a hump bang...

ETA: for ladies that think their hair might be too thin for this, try tucking it a bit looser before you secure with the comb. It doesn't have to be quite as tight as hers.

Last edited: