Great Results using Wen, Oyin Hair Dew, and Blue Ecostyler

so1913

Hi ladies!

Just wanted to share a combination of products that have been working very well for my hair and giving me some great hair days when wearing my hair loose.

I've been strictly using Wen Cleansing Conditioners for the past 2 months, specifically the Seasonal formulas (Pumpkin Ginger, Winter Vanilla Mint, and Gardenia Green Tea) and the 613. I have to say I love the condition my hair has been in since using these products strictly for cleansing and conditioning. As a leave in I'll apply 1-3 pumps of the Wen and some Oyin Hair Dew. The Oyin Hair Dew is a GREAT moisturizer, it's not heavy or greasy at all and very effective. I love the effect it has underneath my Blue Ecostyler (which is my trusted styler for when I wear my hair out. It has a hold of 5 on a scale of 1-10 so helps keep the hold more flexible). It keeps my curls soft and even more natural looking when using the gel as a styler.

I don't take many pics of my hair (or in general at all these days) but hopefully this one is large and clear enough for you to see the results of styling after using these products. My hair was diffused dry.

Hosted on Fotki

*fangirling*

so1913, you were the first head of natural hair that I saw when I joined and I've always LOVED your hair. It's good to see you posting again! :spinning:

Thank you and your hair is gorgeous! I might need to get some Wen too. I tried wearing my natural puff (frequent heat user) and I get so many ssk's when I wear my hair natural, but before I began using heat my hair didn't seem to accept moisture well enough. However, it takes in moisture much easier now (maybe its the product changes).
Anyway, I've always admired your hair too.

Pretty! I miss seeing your hair photos.

Thanks! I doubt I'll ever get back to posting hair pics/updates like I used to, but I'll try to do a little better as my hair continues to grow (and I continue to to cut so much ;).

Thanks everyone! I'm really loving Wen...you have to follow the instructions and use enough of the product to see it "work", especially if you use additional products to your hair.

We've got similar staples, and my hair has been super happy too. Definitely using Wen, and other Co-cleansers has improved the condition of my hair greatly. I'll never use shampoo again, that's for sure!

Your hair looks Amazing btw...

We've got similar staples, and my hair has been super happy too. Definitely using Wen, and other Co-cleansers has improved the condition of my hair greatly. I'll never use shampoo again, that's for sure!

Your hair looks Amazing btw...

I can't imagine sudsing up any time soon :) I tried Co-washing but always got to a point where I felt my hair needed traditional shampoo to start fresh because my hair wasn't feeling clean after a few rounds of co-washing. With Wen, I haven't had that feeling of needing to shampoo to clarify, I believe this product was formulated well to rinse clean vs regular conditioners.

@ OP... Nice Hair :)

So you doing everything with WEN? DC'ing and all?

Honestly, I really don't deep condition anymore and haven't for a while even since before I switched to Wen 2 months ago. At most, I'll massage a natural oil mixture in my hair and scalp at night and wash in the morning, but I do this sporadically when I just randomly feel like it. I've found since keeping my routine simple, staying chemical free, using more natural based moisturizers/butters/oils with non drying ingredients, minimally using heat (diffusing only when I wear my hair loose which could be less than once a week) and now not using sudsing shampoos to cleanse (before I was using them minimally between co-washing sessions), I haven't seen a need for deep conditioning or noticed my hair suffering by not doing them.

I did do one it last weekend for the first time this year because I had purchased a treatment from Bask Beauty and it was just sitting under my sink because. I'm always on the go and just too lazy to use it. I'm so used to getting everything done in the shower. I was so anxious and antsy to get the process over with and finish styling my hair lol. I honestly didn't notice any difference in the condition of my hair, but my hair generally is in pretty good condition and I don't have any complaints regarding the current health of it.

Just a note that I am using Wen 613 Treatment Cleansing Cream once or twice a week which is supposed to be an alternative to using their remoist deep treatment who's suggested use is 30-45 mins or overnight). This treatment you use the same way as the other cleansing conditioners and just leave in 3 to 5 mins.

I was actually going to start a post on this topic this morning and it erased, because I wondered if any of the healthy haired ladies on the board are thriving and don't feel the need to deep conditionin and to get a discussion going on what those ladies are doing regularly that has allowed them to get to a point where they can skip this step and successfully retain length and hair health, as well as getting feedback on me deciding on not doing it and any reasons to possibly reconsider.

so1913 said:
Honestly, I really don't deep condition anymore and haven't for a while even since before I switched to Wen 2 months ago. At most, I'll massage a natural oil mixture in my hair and scalp at night and wash in the morning, but I do this sporadically when I just randomly feel like it. I've found since keeping my routine simple, staying chemical free, using more natural based moisturizers/butters/oils with non drying ingredients, minimally using heat (diffusing only when I wear my hair loose which could be less than once a week) and now not using sudsing shampoos to cleanse (before I was using them minimally between co-washing sessions), I haven't seen a need for deep conditioning or noticed my hair suffering by not doing them.

I did do one it last weekend for the first time this year because I had purchased a treatment from Bask Beauty and it was just sitting under my sink because. I'm always on the go and just too lazy to use it. I'm so used to getting everything done in the shower. I was so anxious and antsy to get the process over with and finish styling my hair lol. I honestly didn't notice any difference in the condition of my hair, but my hair generally is in pretty good condition and I don't have any complaints regarding the current health of it.

Just a note that I am using Wen 613 Treatment Cleansing Cream once or twice a week which is supposed to be an alternative to using their remoist deep treatment who's suggested use is 30-45 mins or overnight). This treatment you use the same way as the other cleansing conditioners and just leave in 3 to 5 mins.

I was actually going to start a post on this topic this morning and it erased, because I wondered if any of the healthy haired ladies on the board are thriving and don't feel the need to deep conditionin and to get a discussion going on what those ladies are doing regularly that has allowed them to get to a point where they can skip this step and successfully retain length and hair health, as well as getting feedback on me deciding on not doing it and any reasons to possibly reconsider.

I'm so glad you shared this information! I was just looking at purchasing Wen yesterday, but was not sure how it would react with other products.

Your hair is so beautiful I really have missed your updates!

Back