GREAT stylist experience! *long*

candibaby

Okay, so today was my first time getting a relaxer by my new stylist. (my appt was at 7:30 this morning.. dont ask why i made it so early) Anyway, right when I got there she told me she had run out of Design Essentials (relaxer I use) and hadnt had the chance to get any more from the supply lady. She said that she would use Nu Expressions (by b&b) instead because she thinks that's a better relaxer than DE, but if I really wanted the DE I could just reschedule. So I asked her about Nu Expressions and if it had a reconstructor like DE, she said yes, and that the New Expressions is better than the DE in her opinion because it's 10n1 and DE is only 6n1, but she said she would use the DE reconstructor after she finished the system if I wanted her to. So.. I went with the Nu Expressions. Ladies let me tell yall! First of all the base for Nu Expressions feels like tea tree and peppermint oils, it makes your scalp feel so good! The relaxer didnt burn me at all, she used conditioner with it and everything. Then when she rinsed it out, she neutralized me 4 TIMES! Then she did a quick protein (DE) treatment, and I deep conditioned for 30 minutes.

After that, I asked her if it was better to trim wet or dry because I knew I needed one.. she said it was all up to me because it doesnt matter. So I went with *dry*. So she wrapped my hair and I sat under the dryer for an hour while it dried (she appreciates the fact that I dont like to use heat on my hair). Then she combed out my wrap and gave me a trim. I mean a LIGHT trim. You know what, that wasn't even a trim lets call it a dusting. So while she was dusting my hair, she was saying how my ends werent bad at all for being 21wks post relaxer. I wanted my hair to have curl to it but didnt want to rollerset it so guess what she pulled out. A CHI flat iron! If it had been any other kind of flat iron I would have ran out screaming, but a CHI?! So she bumped my hair, and we started chatting about CHI and I was telling her what my cosmet teacher told me about it, and she was like yep, CHI irons do exactly what they say they will!

So after she was done she showed me my hair and I was like
x4353! She did it exactly how I described it to her: small twists on the right side, then a swoopy bang and bumped my layers. Then it was SO shiny! I remembered she kept using Nu Expressions Diamond Shine while she was using the CHI, so yall know I had to buy me some!
She was saying how my hair was so thick and had so much body but I didnt believe her until I looked in the mirror. I am so proud of myself yall, because in 21wks I got away from that HORRIBLE SHS Stylist and grew my hair from earlobe length to 1 inch past my shoulders!! I know I wouldnt have been able to do it without the LHCF.. and now I really do think I will make it to 4 inches past shoulder length by the end of the year. I wish I had a digital camera to show yall!

...and by the way.. I'm stickin w/ Nu Expressions relaxers for now on

Nay

That does sound like a great stylist experience! Thanks for sharing
Wish you had some pics. Oh, well. Your enthusiasm says it all. I bet your hair looks fabulous.

candibaby

Thank you! I want to show yall so bad I'm tempted to try my luck w/ a disposable camera to show my progress!

dreemssold

I just saw your post on the entrance section that you were going to a new stylist, and I was about to say, "Good luck--please don't let a new person trim you!"
I am glad to hear it went so well...congrats on finding a good fit! Neutralizing 4 times...she's a keeper

candibaby

thanks ladies! lol @ dreemsold, ive been to her before for a wash and for braids.. this was just her first time relaxing me. i was just so SHOCKED that she cut off so little!

zoya_j

[ QUOTE ]
Chichi said:
I am glad that you had a good experience! Always good to hear.:)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto

candibaby

first of all and most importantly i stopped going to my scissor happy ex-stylist, my hair would probably be at my first goal right now if she wouldnt have kept cutting (not trimming) my hair.

second, i just started taking better care of my hair (big up LHCF!
). washing more frequently, keeping my hair moisturized, and staying away from heat (except for the CHI today, if i had my own.. i'd probably use heat all the time LOL). i started taking vitamins over the summer too.. ive slacked off on them a lot lately, but i think they definetly boosted my summer growth.