Green Tea Hair Growth

washize

Look what I stumbled across.

"Compared to control cultures, cultures treated with EGCG showed increased hair follicle elongation, increased hair growth, and stronger proliferation of dermal papilla cells.
The researchers also found specific chemical changes that promoted hair growth in the samples treated with EGCG."

"In summary, our data suggest that EGCG stimulates human hair growth via its proliferative and antiapoptotic effects on DPCs, and may prolong anagen stage."

The website is here http://www.amazing-green-tea.com/green-tea-and-hair.html

EGCG can be bought as a liquid green tea supplement, or extract. I used it before orally and noticed stronger hair. I'm going to do an experiment and see if it will grow my hair faster.

I'll take 4 droppers daily with my green tea. And use a watered green tea, egcg rinse weekly. I will use two droppers of the egcg for the rinse and leave it on for a 15-30 min.

I'll do a monthly update and let you all know if it works. My hair gros 3/4- 1 in a month, but I have about an inch of bleached hair that breaks off each month. I'll check to see if my breakage is reduced as well.

Last edited:

Aggie

I was thinking about adding the extract to my poos, conditioners and ayurveda tea rinses but I keep forgetting to add it:nono:. I am interested in seeing how your hair turns out, however, I would need to see before and after pics to be convinced of it's efficacy.