Greenhouse Effect Challenge

DivaJones

Hello ladies!

I have found that doing the greenhouse effect really helps your hair retain moisture! I have been doing this challenge for a while and started another one on March 5, 2012. I am going to do a challenge here with you ladies, so here it goes........

From April 1,2012-July 1,2012
everyday/night you will sleep with a shower cap on your head to help retain moisture and watch your hair grow!!!!!! If you want to join this challenge click on thanks! I am doing challenge b always bc my wash days are Sundays and my co-wash days are Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Challenge A
1. Shampoo once a month
2. Condition as needed (once a month or not at all if you don't feel you need to)
3. Do the Green House Effect as often as possible...the more you do it the better
4. Try to only use natural products

Challenge B
Add the Green House Effect to your own regimen, changing little or nothing of what your current routine.

Please submit before pics and when the challenge is over please post your after pictures!

Last edited:

DivaJones

I will go first, here is my picture prior to the challenge

Last edited:

sherrimberri

I would luv to join this challenge. I sleep with a shower cap and scarf at least 5 nights a week, but I just got my hair straightened and will wear it straight for 10 more days:( I'll be cheering u guys on. Good luck!

lilyofthenile

Starting length!!

Pics were taken on the 16th of April.

My regimen is simple - every night apply either Root 2 Tip Scalp Hydration Serum, JBCO Red Pimento Growth Oil or JBCO. I'm also considering a mixture of garlic oil with a light oil such as passion seed oil or sweet almond oil.

I've been doing this for about three weeks now, I've taken a few days break in between those weeks but I'm planning to do it every night, maybe taking a break one night a week depending on how my scalp and hair are reacting to this.

I apply oil to my edges and thinning areas, some nights over my entire scalp. I place showercap and beanie over my head, that's what's most comfortable for me.

Attachments

• Photo on 16-04-2012 at 11.40.jpg
    Photo on 16-04-2012 at 11.40.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Photo on 16-04-2012 at 11.38 #2.jpg
    Photo on 16-04-2012 at 11.38 #2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

kinky curlygenie

I'm in - I want to do challenge b please, my photos will come next weekend. I will start 2night can't wait to see what kinda results I gt!

How long will u be running the challenge for?

Iluvsmuhgrass

I'm in! I can only do this with natural products though. I recently did this with a DC and was amazed at the results. My shrinkage was insane though. :eek:

I've been hiding my hair but I'm about an inch or two from APL.

Hair Length Goal: As long as I can get it. I'd be happy with MBL or waist length.
Hair Goal: Healthy happy natural hair in spite of PCOS and it's effects.

Last edited:

DivaJones

Don't forget to post your starting pictures DIVAS!!!!!

What is your Hair Length goal?

What is your Hair Goal?

greenandchic

I'm in! My goal is MBL in a year. I started doing GHE a couple weeks ago and its the best thing I've done in ages. I use a processing cap and tie it down with a satin scarf.

MsChelle

Is it too late to join? I have been doing this for the last week and stumbled on this thread today.

If its not too late my starting pic is added.

image-1997585368.jpg

My current length is APL in the back, shoulder length top and sides.

Goal is BSB all over.

Last edited:

isawstars

I've never baggied my hair much.... But I'm gonna keep lurking for a lil while longer until I decide lol :grin:

growingbrown

I think I will try this challenge out. I plan to GHE at least 5 times a week. My starting pic is below: I only have front pic since my hair is not quite reachable at the moment! Lol

ForumRunner_20120402_102221.jpg

*Frisky*

This sounds interesting! I need to do some research cause I have never heard of this. This might work wonders with me doing the Curly Girl method.

leona2025

What is the GHE? I tried to look it up on youtube, but I'm still not sure. I just seen someone putting all in their hair and putting on a shower cap.

*Frisky*

What is the GHE? I tried to look it up on youtube, but I'm still not sure. I just seen someone putting all in their hair and putting on a shower cap.

I was just watching someone's video and I think the basic concept behind it is to retain heat in your hair and scalp to stimulate growth and promote moisture. Similar to baggying but this is suppose to be done for extended periods of time.

Last edited:

Philippians413

I won't be able to baggy every night (I plan to wear my hair straight some days), but I'm interested in seeing how my hair benefits from this method. So I won't officially join the challenge, but I'll be lurking to see everyone's progress. :yep:

Last edited: