Grim Sleeper Serial Killer’s Only Surviving Victim Tells Details Of Dreadful Night!

Sosa

Wow...color me surprised that this was done by a black man.

This is so horrible. I don't even wanna see this as a Law and Order SVU episode.:(

Femmefatal1981

I agree, but does the police and killer are only to be blamed? Nobody cared.. It took a group to bring some type of light to the situation. Mothers, daughters, sisters, etc were being abused, tortured, and murdered. This is no different from gangbangers/drug dealers being able to live next door to someone, and just be able to terrorize the neighborhood. People in that neighborhood were so lost, they allowed this creep roam freely! The white man don't give two nickels about us. They will sit back and allow us to destroy ourselves. They see us and treat us like wild animals, and we fall victim to that.
True about the cops but because he targeted prostitutes, drug addicts and women without close family ties there was no one to care. He knew exactly what he was doing...

jeanghrey

Wow...color me surprised that this was done by a black man.

This is so horrible. I don't even wanna see this as a Law and Order SVU episode.:(

I've watched enough ID channel to know not to be surprised, most serial killers tend to kill within their own ethnic group........it's just that black victims don't get the same level of investigation as nonblack victims......

nyeredzi

This is the case that makes me a little angry every time. It's not even the killer so much as the police couldn't be bothered to care when the local association provided all kinds of proof. They had the house and info on the suspect for 20 years. But the cops disregarded that info because it came from a prostitute.

It's also the first case I ever heard the police used a term "NPI" (no person involved) for a death involving a prostitute. SMH

The cops had the AUDACITY to step forward and take credit at the press conference though.
They actually have a term NPI that indicates certain humans are not people?!

Always~Wear~Joy

I watched the documentary about him last year and it gave me the heebeejeebees. I think his son was involved as well.

I hope the guy that was helping the people in the documentary and got beat up by friends of the killer's son is okay. He was sceptical in the beginning but he probably helped because he new the man was capable. I think his son was involved too. The big mystery is his wife!!! She had to suspect something.

OAN: The lapd is despicable. I'm glad those ladies called them out during that press conference.

sweetvi

Check HBO GO for the documentary Tales of the Grim Sleeper. IT IS OUTSTANDING! Saw it at the Pan African Film Fest last year where they had a Q and A with the filmmaker, local activists and attorney who forced the LAPD to open the case. This group was unrelenting and put major heat on LAPD and the mayor. After the screening, you come away with the strong idea that LAPD KNEW what was going on and did not care because it was a bunch of low income black women being killed. Lonnie Franklin's own friends seemed to know what he was doing and kept their mouths closed for years and talked about how sloppy he was with what he was doing.

I just watched the entire documentary. The women are/were so beautiful! It hurts my heart to see what crack turned them into and how our lives are insignificant just because we are black. .

dancinstallion

The low value of black women is more disturbing than anything else. And you gotta be from, or familiar with the way the community has been in this case to understand why he was able to get away with it for so long. this is why I don't want another Clinton in office. This is more complex than just a serial killer.

@shortdub78
You are so right. I was just talking to a man from Arkansas and he told me how Bill Clinton was in on the drug epidemic in Arkansas and the CIA drug trafficking, was voted in as Governor because of it, turned a blind eye to it, took payments, .... etc I was not aware how dirty and scandalous he was. Hilary is cut from the same cloth.

Last edited:

crlsweetie912

There was another story of a black guy, not as many people who killed like this. I believe it was in Chicago. Not on as large a scale as this is, but he had the bodies in the house and in the backyard. Everyone in the neighborhood complained about the stench for years, and nothing happened.
ETA it was Cleveland, his name was Anthony Sowell.

Last edited:

dancinstallion

There was another story of a black guy, not as many people who killed like this. I believe it was in Chicago. Not on as large a scale as this is, but he had the bodies in the house and in the backyard. Everyone in the neighborhood complained about the stench for years, and nothing happened.

@crlsweetie912 I remember the guy in Cleveland Ohio that did this as well.

Evolving78

There was a guy in Chicago too. The Englewood Murders.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Wasn't there some black stand up comedian who also was a serial killer? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

No, we don't believe Bill killed any of his victims...

sorry, needed some humor because this case pisses me off, it got me all sorts of angry and outraged and I don't know what to do. Thank you also @dancinstallion for that hilarious gif in your siggie. I needed that laugh after watching that documentary.

sweetvi

@shortdub78
You are so right. I was just talking to a man from Arkansas and he told me how Bill Clinton was in on the drug epidemic in Arkansas and the CIA drug trafficking, was voted in as Governor because of it, turned a blind eye to it, took payments, .... etc I was not aware how dirty and scandalous he was. Hilary is cut from the same cloth.

They are sucking Haiti dry of precious minerals as we speak

ambergirl

We never hear how the CJ system fails black women unless it is about their male folk in prison.

The tragedy of CJ for black women is that our lives aren't valued enough to be protected and that when we are involved in criminal behavior it is often because of our ties with men.

Southernbella.

Check HBO GO for the documentary Tales of the Grim Sleeper. IT IS OUTSTANDING! Saw it at the Pan African Film Fest last year where they had a Q and A with the filmmaker, local activists and attorney who forced the LAPD to open the case. This group was unrelenting and put major heat on LAPD and the mayor. After the screening, you come away with the strong idea that LAPD KNEW what was going on and did not care because it was a bunch of low income black women being killed. Lonnie Franklin's own friends seemed to know what he was doing and kept their mouths closed for years and talked about how sloppy he was with what he was doing.

I just watched this. Omg, I can't believe how many people knew or suspected and said nothing. All his homeboys laughing and joking about him being a pervert, torturing women, or wanting to kill women who were addicts made me sick. Even his son was like nope, I would have never snitched on my dad if I knew.

It was an excellent documentary but it made me angry.

Last edited:

PuddingPop

I just watched this. Omg, I can't believe how many people knew or suspected and said nothing. All his homeboys laughing and joking about him being a pervert, torturing women, or wanting to kill women who were addicts made me sick. Even his son was like nope, I would have never snitched on my dad if I knew.

Do you have a link or the name of the documentary? The original link in the post is no longer available.

Southernbella.

I read an LA Times review from when it first came out and the writer noted something I forgot, that most of Lonnie's friends were struggling drug addicts and he would hire them to work or buy them drugs. Just like with Weinstein, Lonnie was someone who wielded power over others and that was one of the things that helped him get away with it for so long despite people knowing.