• Forum Upgraded: https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/recent-forum-upgrade.849851/

apple_natural

I straightened almost all of it. it's choppy because I cut each section as much as I think needs to be cut without regard for shape. now... i can wear my clips ins. I could now braid it...I could completely trash this straightening job, deep condition and forget it. idk what i'll do.

final photo in media. i was finally able to capture how it draws up before I'm done straightening it making me think I'm not growing anything. I have to get it done at a salon for it to stay straight for a couple of hours longer

Last edited:

yamilee21

Speaking of old school hair products, do you all remember this? I remember my mom using this on wash days and my hair being thick and shiny for days! Makes me reconsider all this PJism, lol.

View attachment 465913
My aunt in Haiti used the version that came in a tube (why, I will never know; there were better products available). At one point, it became impossible to find/afford there, so I would have to scour stores here that I would normally avoid, in order to send some to her.