SmilingElephant

I dusted my ends back in August and i think I took off just a little more than I meant to.

I need to get my act together hairwise. My goal is to be at Hip Length by the end of December and I feel so lazy about my hair. I just make sure it's super moisturized and deal with it about once a week. I mist it with water everyday and use some oil on it.

Haven't deep conditioned my hair in almost a month.

GettingKinky

I dusted my ends back in August and i think I took off just a little more than I meant to.

I need to get my act together hairwise. My goal is to be at Hip Length by the end of December and I feel so lazy about my hair. I just make sure it's super moisturized and deal with it about once a week. I mist it with water everyday and use some oil on it.

Haven't deep conditioned my hair in almost a month.

I’m super lazy and I’ve only DCd a few times in my life. I can never motivate myself enough to do it. Even when I use DC I just leave it on my hair while I wash myself and then rinse it out. I’ve also never had hip length hair, so maybe I’m missing an important step.

SmilingElephant

You know what? I just re-evaluated my routine that I've been doing since I started repairing my hair earlier this year. I'm going to just leave my hair alone. It's long enough where I don't need to redo my curls every other day...just put it in a bun and keep it moisturized and oiled.

I'm gonna do this until February.

I used to do this all the time and my hair grew SO much. I forget who it was upthread that told me she was doing this too, but it never clicked in my head to do that myself!

I'm just going to do my hair once a week, the whole wash day. And refresh in the middle of the week. Just put my hair up!

SmilingElephant

I’m super lazy and I’ve only DCd a few times in my life. I can never motivate myself enough to do it. Even when I use DC I just leave it on my hair while I wash myself and then rinse it out. I’ve also never had hip length hair, so maybe I’m missing an important step.

Deep conditioning regularly will honestly change your hair life! I have just been slacking lately

MzSwift

I can't figure my hair out. I feel like I've been on top of the breakage and shedding but no real movement in terms of length.

It looks a lot healthier, though.

Good, then your healthy hair is surely growing!
My hair has gone through seasons like this where it seemed it wasn't getting longer but it was shinier and stronger.
This is one of the reasons I only do an official length check once a year.

Mapleoats

Everything went well with taking down my braids. But my hair is feeling so dry :( I’ll need a few wash and DC sessions before it gets back to normal I think. I definitely see some growth progress from the last length check. It’s a little hard to tell in the pic but this Length check actually felt more comfortable /easier to grab my hair, and the strand is now grazing the tank top but my hand covers it.

first pic is dec, then July then September
2nd pic (front view) is dec then September

E1497F88-49D9-4E7C-8BE4-F1555514B3BA.jpegD620C350-CAE1-464B-973E-CA58BE388C29.jpeg

GettingKinky

Everything went well with taking down my braids. But my hair is feeling so dry :( I’ll need a few wash and DC sessions before it gets back to normal I think. I definitely see some growth progress from the last length check. It’s a little hard to tell in the pic but this Length check actually felt more comfortable /easier to grab my hair, and the strand is now grazing the tank top but my hand covers it.

Wow! Your hair has grown a lot!!

KidneyBean86

Southern sweetheart
I would like to join this til the end of 2020. I have been living in crochet braids for almost 8 months and got a blow out and trim today. I would like do more with my hair so it can be longer and I would like for my hair to get healthy.

I plan to keep my hair low maintenance and to start hair vitamins

Starting pic attached

Attachments

• 70EC6BB8-F47D-4DAB-8E7D-41ACAB5972AC.jpeg
    70EC6BB8-F47D-4DAB-8E7D-41ACAB5972AC.jpeg
    518.7 KB · Views: 73

BlackRinse

I got a "trim" that turned into a hair cut in July.

Heres my update:
Image may contain: one or more people and indoor

Edit: As of OCT 3 my new regimen for extreme hair growth is:

Protective Style - 10 wks (Wig)
Oil Hair - Sunday & Wednesday w/
Ayuervedic & Miconazole Nitrate mix

Supplements:
D3
B12
MSM - 5,000
Biotin - 10,000
Bamboo Leaf Tea - 2x Daily

Last edited:

mayoo

Hey ladies
Checking in~~
I have been a little lazy with my hair lately.
I have contemplated cutting it way too many times. I did ammini twists, wash-and-go (mini setback. It's a no-no at this length apparently), and now I'm back to my usual braid outs

I haven't been washing every week as much (getting back on track).

Also, lately, I've noticed that deep conditioner affects my hair better when I don't use wash-out conditioner to detangle.

So now I'm washing my hair in big twists and just shampooing my scalp.

Then I apply deep con thoroughly and heavily while doing a mini-detangle and sit under my dryer for an hour.

It's been good to me so far

GettingKinky

I’m starting to see progress in my curly hair, but my pull test looks about the same. But I know I’ve grown at least 3 inches since March because that’s how long my gray hairs were before I was able to get them colored.

I still need a haircut. I want more of a blunt shape so some length in the back will have to go.
A7A542EE-0932-4926-896C-C862BAC56B73.jpeg857E7AAE-72B7-494D-98E6-284FE45E8F09.jpeg

lindseyerinc

Hey ladies
Checking in~~
I have been a little lazy with my hair lately.
I have contemplated cutting it way too many times. I did ammini twists, wash-and-go (mini setback. It's a no-no at this length apparently), and now I'm back to my usual braid outs

I haven't been washing every week as much (getting back on track).

Also, lately, I've noticed that deep conditioner affects my hair better when I don't use wash-out conditioner to detangle.

So now I'm washing my hair in big twists and just shampooing my scalp.

Then I apply deep con thoroughly and heavily while doing a mini-detangle and sit under my dryer for an hour.

It's been good to me so far
Are you still using the 22nd century natural Products?

Mapleoats

I’m starting to see progress in my curly hair, but my pull test looks about the same. But I know I’ve grown at least 3 inches since March because that’s how long my gray hairs were before I was able to get them colored.

I still need a haircut. I want more of a blunt shape so some length in the back will have to go.
View attachment 463599View attachment 463601
I can See the progress!! The pull test looks much longer now in the September pic!

apple_natural

On 9/21, I did a pull test left side behind my ear (photo in media). This piece started at 9 inches (flat ironed) as all the other test pieces began with. It is only 11.5 I think with the pull test. I am hoping for a miraculous 13 inches by the end of the year... I do usually get a little bit of a hair growth spurt in fall. Plus, I changed a few things. We'll see how it goes. I'll have to flat iron the pieces again in December to get a better comparison.

water_n_oil

View attachment 463599View attachment 463601

Looks longer to me.

Kiaray8

Hey ladies October check in: 1st October: + 1.5 all over - F: 15.5 M: 16 B: 14. I’ve been consistent with mainly doing wash and goes, still don’t use oils I’ve been sealing with serums like John freida extra strength serum. If I continue doing wash and goes I will most likely start incorporating Shea butter into my routine due to winter weather. I think I’m close to MBL now.7CC6AF3E-012B-4BCF-A02D-0D4CB48ABAEB.jpeg