apple_natural

@keranikki @GettingKinky Thank you Thank you! My mom bought me one of these. I wasn't so sure about it so I didn't use it for a long time and then I did. It works! I only need to use it once or twice per section.

xx

Thinking of winter haircare.
Eyebrows: Castor oil... once a day.. hopefully twice
Edges: Castor oil... once a day.. hopefully twice
Baggy: Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Oil Prepoo: Before every wash
Trim: I sort of dusted the ends today
Diet: added more greens to my daily Green Smoothie
Vitamins/Supplements: bought gold brand MSM
Water: Note to self - Please drink water.

Last edited:

Mapleoats

Quick length check / check in.

I needed a trim so I blow dried and did one pass with the flat iron at like 325 just to get my ends a bit smoother. I think I trimmed a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I know there’s still about a month and a half left in this challenge but I’m feeling pretty good about my results so far. My goal was BSB / BSL, and I think I’ve made BSB. for some reason BSL on my body is almost MBL. Am I wearing my bras wrong? :look: Lol.
I’ll do one last length check in December, maybe with some luck I’ll hit my actual BSL :)
27AE414E-283F-4246-995B-8EB3646A411D.jpeg

Last edited:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Quick length check / check in.

I needed a trim so I blow dried and did one pass with the flat iron at like 325 just to get my ends a bit smoother. I think I trimmed a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. I know there’s still about a month and a half left in this challenge but I’m feeling pretty good about my results so far. My goal was BSB / BSL, and I think I’ve made BSB. for some reason BSL on my body is almost MBL. Am I wearing my bras wrong? :look: Lol.
I’ll do one last length check in December, maybe with some luck I’ll hit my actual BSL :)
View attachment 465289
I wear my bras at the same point, but my band is thicker. Do you have a short or long torso?

SmilingElephant

Just came to report that I've been using Blue Magic on my hair for the past month on top of my leave in....when I tell you I'm not looking back? :clap::clap::clap:

My hair is SO moisturized and it's not shedding as much. It's only been a month so no significant hair growth yet, BUT I can tell that I'm retaining length. It easier to detangle my hair and I see a significant reduction in fairy knots!

I use the blue, Blue Magic every 2-3 days (Ugh! The nostalgia!). I want to go back to ALLLLL the grease now! :grin:

Now I'm gonna be on the hunt for the Castor Oil Blue Magic, their leave ins, and the black Dax. Now that I know how to properly use this on my hair, I'm going back to it and saving me some money! :yep:

apple_natural

Just came to report that I've been using Blue Magic on my hair for the past month on top of my leave in...
I have been thinking about this. I watched some videos on youtube about using these old school products. We didn't use blue magic when I was a child, but we had this herbal grease that smelled really good. I don't know what it was. It had bits in it. We also used pink moisturizer.

Here is my question, though, does it go down your neck?

I have a shea butter mix that I am finally getting to the bottom of so I'm in the market for a cream. I may make another batch but I may buy one of these other products for the fun of it.

nyeredzi

I feel like the last check in in this challenge will be a good one for me. I've managed to treat my hair mostly gently recently and with my mother in town to help me with the kids for the next few weeks, I'll have a little of the time stress lifted from me and just have the time to be more gentle.

On another note, I can really tell my hair has thinned. Age, I think.

SmilingElephant

I have been thinking about this. I watched some videos on youtube about using these old school products. We didn't use blue magic when I was a child, but we had this herbal grease that smelled really good. I don't know what it was. It had bits in it. We also used pink moisturizer.

I have a shea butter mix that I am finally getting to the bottom of so I'm in the market for a cream. I may make another batch but I may buy one of these other products for the fun of it.

It depends on how much grease you use. I use a light amount so I don't have grease running down my face or neck like that. I use more grease when my hair feels the need.

Missjaxon

@apple_natural That sounds like Indian Hemp grease

apple_natural

@apple_natural That sounds like Indian Hemp grease

I thought so too. I went to the beauty supply store and it looks and smells just like what I have in mind, but the container in my memory is smaller. I'm thinking a different brand or I'm just not remembering it correctly. Either way, I bought the blue magic brand Indian hemp.

Now I'm just staring at it. There is no reason for me to have it. I already use shea butter and I love my leave in. I'm even afraid of the petrolatum in it, but i couldn't resist purchasing it, so i own it now.

Maybe I'll put shea on one side and this in the other for the week and see how it works out.

water_n_oil

I thought so too. I went to the beauty supply store and it looks and smells just like what I have in mind, but the container in my memory is smaller. I'm thinking a different brand or I'm just not remembering it correctly. Either way, I bought the blue magic brand Indian hemp.

Now I'm just staring at it. There is no reason for me to have it. I already use shea butter and I love my leave in. I'm even afraid of the petrolatum in it, but i couldn't resist purchasing it, so i own it now.

Maybe I'll put shea on one side and this in the other for the week and see how it works out.
Possibly the Africa's Best Super Gro? Smells like candy kinda and has bits of herbs in it.

snoop

I was wondering if it was Doo Gro, but I can't find pics of the inside and I'm not sure if it had herbs in it.

Growing up we tried so many different greases to grow our hair and nothing worked.:look:

apple_natural

I've tried shea butter, oils, everything. I have mainly 3c hair, so all these years I've been doing what the 3c youtubers do and my hair gets dried out with the quickness.

Knowing how to use grease properly has been a game changer for me this past month. :yep:

Okay. I got the indian herb one. I have been staring it at all evening. I finally put it on my back two twists. I think it'll be okay :D I'm happy it's working for you!

Possibly the Africa's Best Super Gro? Smells like candy kinda and has bits of herbs in it

This was it!!!! :drunk::drunk::toocool: Thank you so much! lol I remember the container, the herb bits, the color and definitely the scent. I wish I got this one today

I was wondering if it was Doo Gro, but I can't find pics of the inside and I'm not sure if it had herbs in it.

Growing up we tried so many different greases to grow our hair and nothing worked.:look:

Awww thank you for looking for me. How sweet that everyone is trying to help me remember it :blush:

Last edited:

lorr1e1

4C (natural) currently relaxed (Mizani)
Just came to report that I've been using Blue Magic on my hair for the past month on top of my leave in....when I tell you I'm not looking back? :clap::clap::clap:

My hair is SO moisturized and it's not shedding as much. It's only been a month so no significant hair growth yet, BUT I can tell that I'm retaining length. It easier to detangle my hair and I see a significant reduction in fairy knots!

I use the blue, Blue Magic every 2-3 days (Ugh! The nostalgia!). I want to go back to ALLLLL the grease now! :grin:

Now I'm gonna be on the hunt for the Castor Oil Blue Magic, their leave ins, and the black Dax. Now that I know how to properly use this on my hair, I'm going back to it and saving me some money! :yep:
I remember blue magic I think the one I had used came in a blue tin not the Red tin/pressing oil, am I right?

lorr1e1

Anyone here used this, this was my go to for breakage back in the day used to help my hair, can't seem to buy this anymore :(.

I've just bought JBCO hope it will be just as effective.

Attachments

• 20201122_142552.jpg
    20201122_142552.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 54

lorr1e1

I don't think that my hair is as thick as it was a couple of years ago, but I've been noticing that my twists are getting longer. Looking forward to the end of year check-in.
You have to remember as you get older hair naturally thins out. You must choose styles that do not put on added pressure stress to the strands.

snoop

You have to remember as you get older hair naturally thins out. You must choose styles that do not put on added pressure stress to the strands.

Thanks for the reminder. In my head I look 16, but feel like 61. (I'm exaggerating on both ends.)

I pretty much have lived in two strand twists for the past 7 years. I realize that I have to work on detangling as gently as possible, because this is where I seem to lose the most hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Now that the length is coming I can focus on beautifying my hair. I googled best conditioner for shiny hair and came across an article. I bought the Suave keratin infusions from a link in the article with my target cash that I didn’t know existed! I’ll try it out Thanksgiving.

I’ve also been focused on controlling the frizz. Humidity in Houston is usually 60-90% every day, so I need something solid. I just did a hair Botox last week (prismax). I’ll see how it behaves after my first wash Thursday. I used hair Botox for the first time this July. It made my hair super sleek after the first wash, but I don’t remember the staying power.

Keratin treatments work great, but they are complicated and hard on your hand and respiratory system if you diy. Expensive af if you go to a salon. Hair Botox is just like a softening deep conditioner. A face lift for your hair. And I’m all the way here for it. My treatment costs 12.99 and lasts 1-3 months.