• BSL

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • MBL

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • WL+

Votes: 25 31.3%

• Total voters

WL23

It's a Brazilian keratin treatment. They loosen your curl and make the hair very silky. I love them but I stopped doing them because I was trying to get to know my natural texture. I also liked hair botox too. It is less intense than the brazilian keratin but it removes frizz and makes hair very manageable.
Thanks for sharing :)

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
It was supposed to be wash day yesterday, but I ended volunteering out in my community longer than initially intended. Got to get done. So, I will attempt my wash day this evening. It’s Olaplex treatment time.
I’m thinking about straightening my hair. I originally wasn’t going to bother until December, but I’m itching to rock a bob. We’ll see.

HealthyHair2020

What's not working: stretching time between wash days. I'm trying to go from 2 to 3 weeks while blowdrying with my revair. Problem is controlling how dry my scalp gets during this period and the flaking that occurs.

Also thinking about how to manage blowdrying and exercising as I wanna incorporate more exercise these next few months.

What's working: revairing. I am in LOVE with this machine and what it does for my hair. Also my hair ends are looking good. Gonna add some liquid iron so I can get my edges looking better.

Mapleoats

What's not working: stretching time between wash days. I'm trying to go from 2 to 3 weeks while blowdrying with my revair. Problem is controlling how dry my scalp gets during this period and the flaking that occurs.

Also thinking about how to manage blowdrying and exercising as I wanna incorporate more exercise these next few months.

What's working: revairing. I am in LOVE with this machine and what it does for my hair. Also my hair ends are looking good. Gonna add some liquid iron so I can get my edges looking better.
Yay!!!! Glad the revair is working for you. Don’t forget those check in pics!!

my scalp also gets super dry and flaky when I go 2+ weeks without washing. I am going back to washing every 7-10 because of it

WL23

Greetings :)

Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed: JHS (Japanese Hair Straightening)
Current Length: APL
Goal Length: TBL
Plan to reach goal length: Consistency with Ayurvedic Products, DC 2x Weekly, Inversion Method, Vitamins, Drink Water 32oz+ Daily, Increase Plant Based Meals, Stay Active 5+ Days A Week
Regimen: Oil hair before every wash or cowash, Ayurvedic tea rinses to cleanse scalp after workouts, DC 2x weekly, LCO Nightly, Satin Scarf/Bonnet Nightly
Protective Styles: Plaited or Single Braids
Staple Products: Kinky Kurly Knot Today, Coconut Oil, Fenugreek, Henna/Cassia
Starting Pic:
REQUIRED

Photo was taken before the challenge started on January 7th. Was not expecting to share this photo, but it’s all I have :)

View attachment 479113

I have already mapped out length checks below, I hope this will be okay for the challenge

May 5 -13 BSB
August 11-18 BSL
December 8 -15 MBL

Cheers to everyone reaching their hair length goals! :weird:
@Mapleoats I haven’t forgotten :) I had LC dates set before joining this challenge. Next one is around June 10, but I want to extend it possibly to July. Will def tag you when I post :)

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
It’s Check In Day!!!! Don’t think I forgot about y’all!! I’m here on silent mode lol.
Tell me. How’s it going? What’s working? What’s not? Set a mini goal for yourself between now and the next check in!

I took out my 6 week old braids and now am back to wash n goes. I plan on doing a hair Botox treatment to loosen up my curl a little bit. When I do I will post a progress picture with my hair straightened. So far wigs have been a great protective style but I'm ready to wear my real hair now. I also seem to have gotten alot of breakage from wearing wigs for a long period of time. I am now going to incorporate more olaplex treatments and a midweek cowash to get more strength and moisture in my hair.

Miadoll

I just put in my henna so I you can see the full Length without curls….May update my goals to bsl in the back and apl in the front. I think I might be able to do that. That curly cut is REALLY cramping my style in the front. I can’t wait until it grows out. It’s layers galore. I’m sick of it. The shorter pieces closer to my shoulders on the sides is the front of my hair.

what’s working: trims every 12 weeks, deep conditioning 1-2x a week, and low manipulation styles, I’ve been wearing braid outs exclusively, no direct heat.

Not working: washing my hair once a week, I’ve been working out and realized the sweat staying on my hair was drying it out, I have to wash twice a week now.

Attachments

• D2DC03A8-E0CC-44EA-981C-9DF61306B80C.jpeg
    D2DC03A8-E0CC-44EA-981C-9DF61306B80C.jpeg
    776.5 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Took these photos March 27th, 2022. Olaplex 0 and 3 are helping me to retain length on the ends. I believe my hair in the crown is 27 inches and the hair at my nape is at 23 inches. That's about 1 inch in growth and retention in both areas. It's still early in the year. I'm excited about what 2022 continues to bring as it relates to my hair.

Attachments

• Stretched B March 27 2022.jpg
    Stretched B March 27 2022.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 35

Mapleoats

I took out my 6 week old braids and now am back to wash n goes. I plan on doing a hair Botox treatment to loosen up my curl a little bit. When I do I will post a progress picture with my hair straightened. So far wigs have been a great protective style but I'm ready to wear my real hair now. I also seem to have gotten alot of breakage from wearing wigs for a long period of time. I am now going to incorporate more olaplex treatments and a midweek cowash to get more strength and moisture in my hair.
I think Olplex really works.if possible get the professional strength number 1 & 2. I just did a 1&2 and the bounce back in my curls and the integrity of my hair was immediate! Looking forward to those pics!

Mapleoats

I straightened my hair at the end of February and took some measurements.

From 13.5 to 14.5 inches on the sides
From 15 inches to 16.25 inches on the crown
From 16 to 17.5 inches in the front
From 12.5 to 13.25 inches in the back

so overall not bad growth, and this was over a month ago so hopefully I’ve grown a bit more since then! I’m past due for a trim though that’s for sure. I’ll do one the next time I blowout my hair

Whats working - keeping it simple and listening to my hair, olaplex treatments, protective styles.

What’s not working - washing every 3+ weeks. For the health of my scalp I need to wash atleast every 14 days, preferably every 7-10 days.

E19EDAC2-46C4-4D34-8B12-AE313B57D24F.jpeg

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Still in this weave. It needs to come out soon though because my kinky twist appoint is this Saturday.

I think tonight I will attempt to take it out carefully. I want to dye my hair in the front before this next protective style. This will be the last protective style for 4 weeks and then, I'll be in full wash and go season.

Last edited:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
Hi Ladies,

I do not have a photo update but I will by our next check in. So far I've been consistent with my regimen. Kept hair in braids for 2 months, daily water rinses in the shower, seal and put in a bun. I had minimal shedding during take down which made me extremely happy. If I keep this up I'm sure to reach my goal end of year.

WL23

@Firstborn2 What kind of braids were you wearing. I love your hair reggie, it seems so simple yet effective!

I’m in braids too and never thought to do daily water rinses. Where did you get this idea from. Has it shown any noticeable benefits? Lastly how do you get the pretty buns with braids. I want to do a low bun, but it keeps falling or it’s not pretty because it looks messy. I wrap it nice but don’t know how to keep it in place without it falling apart or having scrunchies look messy on them.

Any help appreciated in advance! :)

Hi Ladies,

I do not have a photo update but I will by our next check in. So far I've been consistent with my regimen. Kept hair in braids for 2 months, daily water rinses in the shower, seal and put in a bun. I had minimal shedding during take down which made me extremely happy. If I keep this up I'm sure to reach my goal end of year.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
So. The stylist took off a little like 3 inches instead of the 2 I think was around 5 weeks ago.

I’m solidly at APL length now when it was BSL before in the back and now my front is barely touching the top of my chest. I was pissed at first but my hair has a shape now and after using the Revair it’s actually not that bad. I should have been had a trim so all in all. Not bad

I was supposed to get kinky twists but my stylist cancelled. I’m going to wear braids for work tomorrow for a braid out on Monday. She rescheduled for Wednesday.

I did do an Olaplex 0 and 3. Along with using the deep conditioner and new serum only. I used my revair to stretch today. My hair isn’t highly hydrated but it’s not bone dry either. Tonight I’ll do the loc method for my braids

not sure if you can see this

Last edited:

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
@Firstborn2 What kind of braids were you wearing. I love your hair reggie, it seems so simple yet effective!

I’m in braids too and never thought to do daily water rinses. Where did you get this idea from. Has it shown any noticeable benefits? Lastly how do you get the pretty buns with braids. I want to do a low bun, but it keeps falling or it’s not pretty because it looks messy. I wrap it nice but don’t know how to keep it in place without it falling apart or having scrunchies look messy on them.

Any help appreciated in advance! :)
Hi @WL23, I wear individual braids with my natural hair. I gather my hair, twist into a bun and pin up. It's nothing fancy since I work from home. When I have zoom meetings, I put on my wig, lol. I really like the water rinses and will continue them as we enter into summer (got the idea from this board years ago, wealth of information here). I believe the daily water rinses have assisted with my retention. When I took my braids down after 2 months I had minimal shedding, usually I would have a fist full. Girl, I did a protein treatment and put my hair back in braids. definitely happy with my result so far, chasing these inches :drunk:

WL23

Hi @WL23, I wear individual braids with my natural hair. I gather my hair, twist into a bun and pin up. It's nothing fancy since I work from home. When I have zoom meetings, I put on my wig, lol. I really like the water rinses and will continue them as we enter into summer (got the idea from this board years ago, wealth of information here). I believe the daily water rinses have assisted with my retention. When I took my braids down after 2 months I had minimal shedding, usually I would have a fist full. Girl, I did a protein treatment and put my hair back in braids. definitely happy with my result so far, chasing these inches :drunk:
Thank you for the feedback! :) Haha at the zoom meetings :laugh: You’re soo lucky you work from home!

I did my first water rinse yesterday about to do another in a moment. It’s with homemade rosemary water and mixed in some aloe juice. Hoping for some progress with inches too. Congrats on your successes! :)