Votes: 20 25.0%
  • MBL

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • WL+

Votes: 25 31.3%

• Total voters

Mapleoats

1. Go to the Instagram account.
  2. Click on the picture or video in which you have an interest.
  3. Go to the search bar at the top where it will say "Instagram"
  4. Click on the bar so that the Instagram link changes to a more detailed link like this one: https://www.instagram.com/p/CYIhQV1OySi/
  5. Copy the link
  6. Click on the Media link (It's between the happy face and the quotation marks
  7. Paste the link in Media (You can test to see the the link is posting correctly by hitting Preview in the top right corner of the LHCF posts, after you've pasted the link in Media. Don't forget to hit preview again to get out of the preview mode to go back to completing your post.)
  8. Hit 'continue'
  9. It takes a few brief seconds for the Insta post to show up.
Thanks I’ll try it again!

Mapleoats

I know YouTube won’t let me down! This is the stylist I was mentioning earlier. I really like her philosophy on hair care and so I’m trying adapt some of her methods at home. I could use a good cut too, but I’m not ready to let go of my length lol.

Mapleoats

I washed my hair a few days ago, did an olaplex treatment, and dried in twists. I took the twists down today and put my hair into two braids that I pinned up in a milk maid style. I think this will be my go to style when I dry in twists, I should try it on my blown out hair as well :)

Mapleoats

Can anyone recommend how to bun on dry natural hair? Would I need to stretch the hair first to get it into a bun?
Definitely stretch. You can dry in twists or braids, and once dry, use a little bit of water/ product to help move your hair into the bun. It will also be easier if your twists/braids go in the direction you plan to have your bun in.

if you have the patience, you can also do rod sets/curl formers to stretch and then bun. And if you are not averse to heat, a gentle blow out is always a good option.

I say stretch first especially if you are dry bunning because in my experience buns can cause a lot of tangling depending on how you go about it. Leaving my loose hair in a bun for days would be a recipe for tangles, but that’s just me.

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I'm thinking of wearing crochet braids this summer instead of wash n goes. The only thing is that when I wear crochet braids I tend to neglect my hair. I wonder how my new moisturizing and sealing routine would work with my hair being under the crochet hair. I'll have to figure that out.

long.hair.dont.care

I'm thinking of wearing crochet braids this summer instead of wash n goes. The only thing is that when I wear crochet braids I tend to neglect my hair. I wonder how my new moisturizing and sealing routine would work with my hair being under the crochet hair. I'll have to figure that out.
If your routine happens to not work, here's mine: what I use to do, while in crochet (and will be going back to ASAP) is spraying through my parts with water and a drop of ACV, then I spray with the same parts with cooking spray olive oil - it's less messy!

Because I'm a slow grower, I add a few drops of peppermint on my scalp and massage before sealing my parts and hair with the olive oil.

Benuontherise

Hello Everyone,
It’s been a while since I’ve been on LHCF, I was for a while keeping a short hair cut. I got some new goals for 2022.

Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed: Relaxed but may transition to texlaxed. Currently touch up every 4 months

Current Length: Full APL

Goal Length: MBL

Plan to reach goal length: keep ends moisturized and find new protective styles

Regimen: wash every weekly with Chi Infra Shampoo and conditioner. Pre Poo with Alma Oil or coconut oil. DC with hooded dryer and Design Essentials Rosemary Mint deep conditioner or Queen Helen Cholesterol for moisture/ L’Oréal Elvive Power Restore (protein). Liquid leave in with design Essentials bamboo and silk leaf in conditioner or Chi Keratin Mist. Blow dry with Chi Total Protect and Silken Fusion. LCO twice a week, spritz with liquid leave in apply Olive Oil Moisture Lotion followed by Alma Oil or wild hair growth oil

Protective Styles: Buns, Ponytails lol that’s it

Staple Products: Alma oil, olive oil moisturizer lotion, Chi infra line

Starting Pic: unfortunately in my pic I had some residual curls in my hair lol

Attachments

• DBD56B0A-D9E5-48D7-B30D-A321A528EF15.jpeg
    DBD56B0A-D9E5-48D7-B30D-A321A528EF15.jpeg
    556.2 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

DVAntDany

I'd like to join too.

Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed:
Natural

Current Length:
The very front reaches my upper temples.

Goal Length:
Have the front bang area reach ear/top-of-eye length in an un-stretched curly state by end of challenge. As long as I'm going to a CIK stylist, my hair will be shaped in a wedge cut. So the most I can hope for is to see longer bangs/crown area. Ultimately, I want to see short bob instead of long pixi.

Regimen:
Cleanse, condition and style hair 2 to 3 times a week.
Clarify my hair as needed. When hair becomes more tangled, feels coated or drier while wet, it is usually a sign for need to clarify.
May include Olaplex 3 treatment on a weekly basis and deep conditioners/masks once a month.
Style hair in wng mainly and wng pony when hair get longer.

Protective Styles:
Updos and braids with extensions once hair gets a little longer. They should give me opportunities to play with different styles without damaging my ends.

What I mean by updo (starts at 22 mins):

What I mean by braid:

Staple Products: I rotate. I'm putting what products I'm using until I get my 16 week curly cut on Jan 22, 2022. Pretending to follow hair doctor's prescription to look good at quarterly check-up. :angeldevil:

Clarifying Shampoo: Kinky Curly Come Clean
All Purpose Shampoo: AG Balance
Moisturizing/Detangling Shampoo: Innersense Hydrating Cream Bath
CoWash:
Rinse Out Conditioner: AG Boost
Treatment:
Deep Conditioner/Mask:
Styling Gel: UFD Curly Magic, Innersense ICH, and Trepodora PS
Styling Foam:
Leave-in:

Starting Pic:
hair front.jpghair side.jpghair back.jpg

Last edited:

Theresamonet

Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed:
Natural

Current Length:
Grazing APL

Goal Length:
BSL in 2022

Plan to reach goal length:
—Practice more consistency with my regimen.
—Develop a better routine for my ends.
—Moisturize at least 1x/ week.

Regimen:
—H.O.T pre-poo, Wash & DC every 7-14 days
—Clarifiying poo & scalp scrub 1x/month
—Olaplex #3 treatment 1x/month
—Light protein treatment 2x/month
—Blowout on med/high & style
—Salon trim every 16 weeks
—Search & destroy splits every 12 weeks (NEW)

Protective Styles:
—Primarily 2 pinned up Dutch braids
—Southern Tease bun
—Occasionally, and mostly in summer, box braids with and without added hair.
—Headband wigs

Staple Products:
—Shampoos:
  • Keracare Hydrating Detangling
  • Redken Hair Cleansing Cream
—Deep Conditioners:
  • Amika Triple Rx Mask
  • Amika Nourishing Mask
  • Joico Moisture Recovery Balm
  • Kerastase Nutritive Masque Magistral
—Treatments:
  • Olaplex #3
  • Joico K-pak Reconstructor
  • Joico K-pak Luster Lock
  • Tigi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Reconstructor
—Leave-ins:
  • Olaplex #6 Bond Smoother
  • Aveda Nutri-plenish
  • Joico K-pak Luster Lock Spray
  • Tigi Bed Head Ego Boost
—Moisturizers/Stylers/Finishers:
  • Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Cream
  • Aveda Brilliant Finishing Gloss
  • Aveda Brilliant Anti Humectant Pomade
  • Aveda Smooth Infusion Style Prep
  • Aveda Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener
  • Olaplex #7 Bonding Oil
  • Mielle Honey Ginger Edge Control

Starting Pic: REQUIRED

755E7471-85AE-44A4-A6C5-CE3E196E519A.jpeg

Last edited:

Mapleoats

I just washed on Tuesday but I’m debating washing again this weekend. Mostly because I prefer weekend wash days and I don’t want to wait until next weekend to wash again. My crown area is feeling a little bit dry and could use a refresh anyway. I think I’ll go ahead with the wash

Theresamonet

So I did a search & destroy on my whole head. Took me a week and almost cost me my sanity, but I’m (mostly) split and SSK free. I was hesitant, because I’ve read that doing serious S&Ds thins the hair. But then I thought… so does breakage as a result of splits. So why not try it for the 2022 growth year? I’m hoping I see some benefit to removing the splits throughout, in conjunction with my maintenance trims.

Mapleoats

So I did a search & destroy on my whole head. Took me a week and almost cost me my sanity, but I’m (mostly) split and SSK free. I was hesitant, because I’ve read that doing serious S&Ds thins the hair. But then I thought… so does breakage as a result of splits. So why not try it for the 2022 growth year? I’m hoping I see some benefit to removing the splits throughout, in conjunction with my maintenance trims.
Let me know how the results fair over the year. Ive never done a serious S&D like that before but it sounds like something I could benefit from. Although I’m not sure I’ll have the patience lol

Alta Angel

Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed: Natural (locs)
Current Length: Shoulder length
Goal Length: Full APL or BSL
Plan to reach goal length: Make sure that I maintain strong roots.
Regimen:
-Retwist every 6 weeks
-Spritz hair daily wilth aloe vera juice/distilled water/oil mix
-Oil scalp once per week or every other week
-Sleep with silk scarf to protect hair from lint and to protect my edges
-Steam at least once every 6 weeks with diluted conditioner
Protective Styles: No tight styles; Keep hair off clothes to minimize lint; Have hair in silk scarf in the house to help me keep my hands out of it!
Staple Products: Dr. Locs Leave-In Conditioner, Shampoo, and oil; Camile Rose Naturals Hair Oil; Neutrogena Anti-Residue shanpoo; Impress Loc-N-Slay
Starting Pic: REQUIRED
12.9.21_LI (2).jpghigh bun_LI (3).jpg

Mapleoats

Some notes from yesterdays wash day
- I prepood with hydrated fenugreek for the first time and loved it. Definitely a staple in my routine going forward
- The Olaplex Shampoo is EVERYTHING. I need a big bottle of that stuff
- I’m a little iffy on the Olaplex DC. I need to try it again and decide, but I don’t think it tops my Joico DCs
- I liked the Olaplex Bond smoother, but I don’t think I used it right. I need to try it again in a different product combo. It was much thicker than I expected though, I think it would even work on a twist out.
- I need to sell my revair lol.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
- I prepood with hydrated fenugreek for the first time and loved it. Definitely a staple in my routine going forward
- I’m a little iffy on the Olaplex DC. I need to try it again and decide, but I don’t think it tops my Joico DCs
- I liked the Olaplex Bond smoother, but I don’t think I used it right. I need to try it again in a different product combo. It was much thicker than I expected though, I think it would even work on a twist out.
Why dont you want your revair? I may be interested if you are selling

Theresamonet

Let me know how the results fair over the year. Ive never done a serious S&D like that before but it sounds like something I could benefit from. Although I’m not sure I’ll have the patience lol

I definitely will. I don’t think I will do as thorough of a search ever again. By the time I realized I was out of my mind, I’d already come too far to stop. Lol

I’m hoping to see a benefit over the long term to having done this. I do think it thinned my hair a bit, but I’m not worried about that. However, even if I don’t see a benefit, then I will have answered my question of whether splits actually impede my length retention, or have any significant negative effects.

Theresamonet

What did you love about the fenugreek pre-poo?