• BSL

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • MBL

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • WL+

Votes: 25 31.3%

• Total voters

Mapleoats

What did you love about the fenugreek pre-poo?
Short version: great slip, very moisturizing, made the rest of wash day a breeze.

long version:
I had made a big batch a few weeks ago and froze them in individual portions. Since I made a last minute decision to wash my hair I defrosted a portion using a double boiler. I added a tablespoon of honey and my oil of choice and saturated my hair with it while it was still warm.

it went on like a dream! My curls were instantly so defined and moisturized. I covered it with a plastic cap for 30 minutes and then shampooed. My hair stayed very detangled and defined the whole time. My hair felt like it was absorbing water really well and still felt soft after the shampoo

it took me about 20 minutes to apply it and I was in and out of the shower (rinse, shampoo 2x, rinse and apply DC) in 15 minutes. I am never that quick lol. If I can get the application time down to 15 minutes that will be a record setting wash day for me.

I followed the method posted in another thread to prepare it, but I still had some pulp that didn’t get fully absorbed. The small amount of pulp made a nice scalp scrub, and fenugreek is reported to be great for scalp and reducing shedding as well. I was worried that it would be hard to wash out but it shampooed out just fine. I didnt let it dry in my hair though, that would probably be bad lol.

This is the video:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I prefer my Dyson blow dryers. I tried using it again this wash day but ended up just grabbing my blow dry brush anyway. Someone had already reached out to me with interest in the Revair but if that doesn’t work out I will PM you :)
What kind of blowdry brush do you have? I want to rollerset my hair to get it straight but I was thinking of getting a blowdryer than can get my hair straight faster. My dyson dryer and comb attachment dries my hair fast but not straight enough if I want to press it out easily.

Mapleoats

What kind of blowdry brush do you have? I want to rollerset my hair to get it straight but I was thinking of getting a blowdryer than can get my hair straight faster. My dyson dryer and comb attachment dries my hair fast but not straight enough if I want to press it out easily.
I use the dyson airwrap. It’s the best thing ever, ask @Theresamonet lol. The air wrap gets the hair super straight. Rollersets will give you a smoother look but for the convenience I’ve never used anything better than the airwrap.

futureapl

I want to join.

Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed:

Natural

Current Length:

Shoulder length

Goal Length:

BSL

Plan to reach goal length:

Moisturize and seal 3x a week
Trim every quarter if needed
Protective style as much as possible
Figure out what I did a few years back that made my hair flourish back then

Regimen:

Wash Wash Protective deep condition once a week

Moisturize and seal 2x a week

Protective Styles:

Senegalese Twists

I need help in this area.. I would prefer to do my own hair and not use any weave.. I struggle to think of simple, quick, and easy hairstyles.

Staple Products:

TGIN Honey Miracle Hair Mask
As I Am Leave In Conditioner
Haitian Black Castor Oil

Starting Pic: REQUIRED

Attachments

• Compress_20220110_184151_1665.jpg
    Compress_20220110_184151_1665.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 61

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
So, I may not take these braids out this weekend. I might have to leave them in almost two extra weeks which will bring me to 10 weeks. I don't want to but I'm working this weekend and next weekend is the little ones birthday and we will be in the pool. The good thing is the week of the 24th im on vacation so I will have ample time to take them out.

futureapl

I moisturized and sealed with Now I am Nappy's Oats and Aloe Twist Creme and Shae Bae Whipped Butter. I've been wearing my hair in a puff during the day and braiding at night. I need to find a simple protective style for SL 4C hair that doesn't require me using fake hair and looks good for work. I prefer to leave my hair alone when possible, but I'm not really creative.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I'm thinking of returning to ORS Max Moisture Daily Styling Lotion to moisturize my braids. I mainly used it when I was bunning but I wonder if it would work for braids. Next time I moisturize it an seal I am going to see how I like the results. I have so much of it, so this would be a great way to use it up.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I moisturized and sealed with Now I am Nappy's Oats and Aloe Twist Creme and Shae Bae Whipped Butter. I've been wearing my hair in a puff during the day and braiding at night. I need to find a simple protective style for SL 4C hair that doesn't require me using fake hair and looks good for work. I prefer to leave my hair alone when possible, but I'm not really creative.
Have you tried looking at pinterest? I find alot of style ideas on there

snoop

Natural, Relaxed, Texlaxed: Natural
Current Length: I'm going to claim APL, because that's where the damaged lengths reach, but my longest lengths are around WL.
Goal Length: BSL for my shorter length
Plan to reach goal length: Keeping my hair moisturized, especially in the crown area, and hiding my ends
Regimen: Weekly wash and ayurvedic mask, moisturize, seal, twist
Protective Styles: Two strand twists
Staple Products: Yucca root, tallow, ayurvedic herbs, kaolin clay, DIY moisturizer, and DIY oils
Starting Pic: REQUIRED

I'm going to sneak up in here with my "fake ID" to get in. I took some pictures on Sunday, but I don't think that they accurately show my length. My hair coils on itself so much that I feel like unless I'm in the shower I can't get an accurate picture and I didn't get a chance to take any pics like that this week. I'll try for better pictures soon.

LHCF_Jan2022.jpg

ETA: Pictures from washing my hair prior to putting it into the twists, above.

LHCF_20220109.png

Last edited:

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I'm still sitting here with Olaplex 0/3 in my hair. I may not wash it out. That is the level of laziness I'm on.

I finally washed my hair. I used the following: Olaplex 4&5, KCKT, and KCCC. Oh, I put a little bit of Olaplex 3 on my hair before I used KCKT. I got the idea from @Chicoro. I have fine hair, so I'm hoping it reinforces my strands. Time will tell. My hair is styled in two flat two-strand twists. I will keep my hair this way for the rest of the week. My ends will stay pinned up.

DVAntDany

I think I can be a bit more ambitious with my length retention goals. Here are some impromptu hair straighten pics to show my length. Since my hair in the back touches my shoulders, I’ll shoot for apl.

I used kinky curly come clean and #4, #5, #6 and #7. I used the dyson blow dryer with the comb attachment on the second speed and second heat setting. I also did one pass with a flat iron on 370 degrees.

3C9643D2-2F5F-4BF3-A04A-E2945AB271C1.jpeg68D5E95B-F9A4-45FC-ADFC-7C926E3D2653.jpegE615D7B2-584D-4184-B84D-4FD59F96C65C.jpeg465E909C-071A-46F5-89EC-6D9D031F81B1.jpeg

keranikki

I think I can be a bit more ambitious with my length retention goals. Here are some impromptu hair straighten pics to show my length. Since my hair in the back touches my shoulders, I’ll shoot for apl.

I used kinky curly come clean and #4, #5, #6 and #7. I used the dyson blow dryer with the comb attachment on the second speed and second heat setting. I also did one pass with a flat iron on 370 degrees.

View attachment 478547View attachment 478549View attachment 478551View attachment 478553

Your hair looks so soft, thick, and fluffy! It's really pretty!

keranikki

This brick cold weather is just not going to allow me to do protective styling. My hair is drying out too fast. I thought I could leave my twists in for a week, untouched. Lies and fallacies!!!!!! I have to take my hair down nightly to moisturize. Le sigh.

Napp

Ms. Nobody

View attachment 478547View attachment 478549View attachment 478551View attachment 478553

Your hair is looking really nice!

keranikki

@DVAntDany I really like Olaplex #5! It’s slowly becoming a staple. I have tried other conditioners in my stash, yet I always come back to Olaplex. I’m going to purge my cabinet this weekend of conditioners I don’t use.
My current issue is finding stylers that keep my hair moisturized in this cold weather, without making it feel hard.

Firstborn2

Stop frontin, you know me!
So, I may not take these braids out this weekend. I might have to leave them in almost two extra weeks which will bring me to 10 weeks. I don't want to but I'm working this weekend and next weekend is the little ones birthday and we will be in the pool. The good thing is the week of the 24th im on vacation so I will have ample time to take them out.
I'm going to leave my braids in for 12 weeks to see what type of results I get. The longest I've gone is 8 weeks. Plan to stay on top of moisturizing and vitamins. If all goes well I will rebraid for another 3mos.

HealthyHair2020

Blow dried and flat ironed my hair with the revair and tymo comb. First time I flat ironed my hair since I've been fully natural. Wish it was a bit straighter at the ends but I do like it!

I'm gonna try and consistently blow dry with the revair these new months because I am over long detangling sessions. I think bra strap length is definitely achievable for me this year.

Attachments

• 20220123_211042.jpg
    20220123_211042.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 46

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I've decided that once I reach full BSL I am going to upgrade my hooded dryer. It kind of sucks. Its a Babyliss Pro Thermal Ionics dryer. It doesn't really get hot on the medium setting and on the highest setting it smells like electric burning so I don't use that option.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
as I sit here and reflect, LOL This is week 11 and I wont have help until next Friday, which will be week 12. I haven't left my hair in a protective style this long in awhile.

Honestly, I would like to roll into another protective style but I have to keep up with my hair. When spring gets here I wear my hair out but winter time, I don't. Im trying not to neglect it but these braids make it so easy to just get up and go.