Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

Lucia

@Dania & @Lucia what conditioners do you use both to co-washing/leave-ins?

Well for co-washing I use mainly Giovanni smooth as silk deeper Moisture conditioner, If I need more cleansing CRN creme cleanser and then some cheapie conditioners currently on rotation for more frequent co-washing are tresseme botanique macademia, suave coconut, suave Shea butter, morrocan oil. Once those are finished Ill probably just stick to Giovanni so I can cut down on my products collection, I want to streamline.

For leave in I use Camille rose naturals Moisture milk, and Moisture butter, Giovanni can also be used as a leave in, but I prefer CRN for my leave in it really keeps my hair super moist especially when my hairs acting up.

Last edited:

Daina

Well for co-washing I use mainly Giovanni smooth as silk deeper Moisture conditioner, If I need more cleansing CRN crime ckeasnser and then some cheapie conditioners currently on rotation for more frequent co-washing are tresseme botanique macademia, suave coconut, suave Shea butter, morrocan oil. Once those are finished Ill probably just stick to Giovanni so I can cut down on my products collection, I want to streamline.

For leave in I use Camille rose naturals Moisture milk, and Moisture butter, Giovanni can also be used as a leave in, but I prefer CRN for my leave in it really keeps my hair super moist especially when my hairs acting up.

@Leo24Rule, @Lucia, I love the CRN products as well for my leave-in the moisture milk and the moisture butter are staples. For co-washing I use Wen 613 and Aussie moist 3 minute miracle, I've also recently used the As I Am coconut cowash which I like as well but prefer the Wen and Aussie more. For LI's I also like the Qhemet Biologics line, BRBC cream, the moringa serum and the honey hair balm as well; SM JBCO is a good leave-in also but I like it more in the summer.

Leo24Rule

@Lucia thank you for sharing that video. Him & his man bun sure are sexy

Today I spritzed that tea concoction I had since last month (curly proverbs) then applied Coconut oil & Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner. Went to work for 6 hours & then flashed my hair. My hair was soft & manageable. It appears y hair is grow. My mom said so herself

Lucia

@Lucia thank you for sharing that video. Him & his man bun sure are sexy

Today I spritzed that tea concoction I had since last month (curly proverbs) then applied Coconut oil & Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner. Went to work for 6 hours & then flashed my hair. My hair was soft & manageable. It appears y hair is grow. My mom said so herself

^^ These guys seem to be able to grow their hair super long with hardly any effort. I'm glad they can do it but seriously sometimes I'm like. :fistshake:

@Chicoro
do you know why men have it like that hairwise?

@Leo24Rule

Great news. Keep it up.
I've been battling my hairs dryness, I had some serious shedding and some breakage but I think it's minimal. I finally got to steam my hair with a moisturizing deep conditioner after a henna cassia treatment. So now my hair is back to normal steaming fixed that Moisture/protein balance problem. Whew! I was getting worried. I made some more hair tea spray and oil.

I'm keeping my hair in low tension PS styles and will oil, massage and moisturize daily or every other day. I'm not going to dwell on the shedding/breakage just go in hard with babying my ends. hopefully my hair will recover what was lost plus some gains this month.

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

Ladies how much hair do you lose on wash days? I wish I only lost like 10 hairs

I washed today...I like to part my hair down the middle while in the shower & finger comb with water & Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner. This way I can keep track of my hair fall. But I notice even after finger detangling I run my fingers through & still have loose hair AND when distributing product. It's annoying. Is that normal?

Lucia

@Lucia what do you think caused the shedding/breakage?

@Leo24Rule

In fairness I was sick and couldn't touch my hair for 2.5 weeks, so the shedding was from that mostly I think, and it was golf ball sized not being able to wet my hair probably added to the dryness too.

I think the breakage was the dryness, I saw some short broken off ends less than a dozen in the sink so not too bad but I don't let things get to far along before I take care of them.

I did have a couple of ssks and splits that I snipped like 5 -7, I didn't do a real trim or cut cause I still want to retain maximum length. But I think it was a combination of products my hair didn't like shampoo, and that Shea Moisture JBCO, coupled with seasonal dryness making my hair super dry that threw off my Moisture protein balance. My hair has never been that dry ever.

But I'm going hard with a simplified product use and regimen, once I get it right I'll update.
I asked my mother what she used to do to my hair, cause I had some seriously long and thick hair, like midback to alsmost WL natural, but... I was a lot shorter then :lol: so I'm streamlining my products and regimen so that it's similar to what she used to do with my hair.

Last edited:

Aggie

Tonight I hope to use the left over henna treatment I have in the fridge. I added just small amount of dry henna to it to make sure it's enough for all my roots.

I have it warming up in a hot cabby for about 90 minutes and will be sleeping with it on my hair overnight. I want to cut some of my hair treatment day tomorrow in half so I can get out earlier to do my Saturday runs.

Tomorrow I plan to:

Indigo my hair....maybe if I have time
R/O Condition with Redken Color Extend Conditioner
Shampoo with either the last of some Pureology Hydrating poo or Brocato Swell Volume Full Body Shampoo - most likely the latter though
Deep Moisturized Conditioning with APB Ultra Conditioning Souffle
Leave-in with NG Hibiscus and Honey

Lucia

Ladies how much hair do you lose on wash days? I wish I only lost like 10 hairs

I washed today...I like to part my hair down the middle while in the shower & finger comb with water & Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner. This way I can keep track of my hair fall. But I notice even after finger detangling I run my fingers through & still have loose hair AND when distributing product. It's annoying. Is that normal?

I loose like 50-150 hairs a day when I did daily co washing or water washing. I don't worry so much because I have a lot of hairs on my head I think that's called high density?
if I don't make an obvious part in my hair you can't see my scalp at all.
But since I wash less often in winter it's basically half a golf ball weekly to a golf ball size 2-3 weeks. I also gets more she'd hairs when applying product, I guess it's normal.

But ladies please chime in, how many hairs are you loosing on wash day?

Last edited:

Lucia

*Disclaimer: Both bids NSFW or kids ! (she says the words BS at least once instead of the letters)*

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

Monday I co-washed my hair with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner, left a little in when rinsing & just added coconut oil. My hair the next day was very soft. I'm going to do this again today.

As I notice my hair growing it's hanging lower & I have different types of curls. Some parts 3A, 3B & 3C

Lucia

:flahssssss: Flashback :flahssssss:

Natural Neiiceys full Hair Regimen from 2014

Published on Sep 30, 2014
♡Hey everyone! This is my updated natural haircare regimen for healthy hair! A lot of you ask how to start a hair care regimen so hopefully this helps you out.♡

♡MY NATURAL HAIR REGIMEN♡

➨MONTHLY
1. Hot Oil Treatmeant (Extra Virgin Olive oil or mixed oils)
2.Shampoo - Clarify (Suave Almond and Shea Butter Shampoo & Creme of Nature Morroco Argan Oil Shine & Moisture Shampo

➨BI-WEEKLY
1. Cleansing Conditioner (Entwine Couture Cleansing Conditioner)
2. Protein Treatmeant (Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor)

➨WEEKLY
1. Deep Condition (see video here:
2. Co-wash (Tresemee Naturals Nourshing Conditioner, Suave Almond & Shea Butter Conditioner & Herbal Essence Helly Hydration Conditioner

➨DAILY
1. Moisturize & Seal (see products here: http://bit.ly/1rH8H1h + http://bit.ly/1u7X9F0)
2. Take Hairfinity Hair Vitamin (review/update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2klY-...

➨YEARLY
Straighten natural hair 2x
Trim Hair when needed

Lucia

I've NEVER done a hot oil treatment. Oil is in my hair all the time, but never heated. How many of you ladies do? How often & what are the benefits?

I haven't been doing those lately, since I do the LCO method mostly. I really need to get back to doing those since I keep seeing basically all the super long ladies dong this.

When I did this more often I either heated up some water and put the jar of oil in there to melt the coconut oil, or my "lazy way" I would saturate my hair with oil, cover it with a plastic cap then either sit under a heat cap for 30m or leave it on overnight. The next day wash it out. It made my hair more manageable and less breakage and length retention.

Last edited:

Lucia

Good hair care practices, techniques, and products transcend hair types.

She starts the tutorial around 4m

Last edited:

Lucia

Ok so I've gone almost 2 weeks without any major shedding or breakage, finally. I counted about 50 hairs and it's been a week. I've been doing scalp massage at least 2-3 times a week sometimes I invert sometimes I don't.
Yesterday I put coconut oil in my scalp did a scalp massage and coated my hair especially the ends with it. I put a plastic baggie and a turbie twist over it then left that on overnight.

Today I co washed with Giovanni smooth as silk conditioner, acv water rinsed, I finger detangled, and my fingers mostly ran through my hair not too many knots or tangles it was great I forgot how good coconut oil treatments are. Then did a quick 15m deep conditioning treatment under my heat cap, homemade oil on scalp, then CRN Moisture milk, macademia oil on length, CRN almond jai twist butter on the ends, I wrap my hair in a deva towel the new one that's bigger, love this towel it's better than a t shirt dries my hair 90% in about 1 hour and it soaks up the water without soaking up all the product- no frizz, shiny hair.
I'm wearing it in two flat twist braids for the week.

My favorite brand is Nutiva organic coconut, I've tried many brands and it's the best IMO.

Attachments

• IMG_0569.JPG
    IMG_0569.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Leo24Rule

Lately I've been co-washing 3x a week & just leaving Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner & coconut oil in my hair. My hair stays in a bun all week.

Leo24Rule

Does anyone take certain vitamins not just for overall health but hair health as well? I'm looking into that myself right now.

Aggie

3 inches are off from last week and I am back to APL from BSL. I like APL way more because it is so much easier to manage. I'll park here for a while I think.

Last edited:

Lucia

Does anyone take certain vitamins not just for overall health but hair health as well? I'm looking into that myself right now.

I'm a big believer in vitamins and proper diet, also I believe that vitamins geared for hair growth can work if you're not getting all your nutrients daily. I take biotin, msm (every over day) prenatal vitamins from Whole Foods because I did the research and found that some prenatals have the complete vitamin, mineral, amino acid components that is needed for healthy hair and nails as well as everything the female body needs and they're cheaper than the better hair vitamins that actually give results. See my regimen link in my siggy.

Last edited:

Aggie

Morning Ladies!

Update:

- Clarified my hair with Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo
- Moisture Pooed with Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
- Protein DC with Inahsi Mango Hemp Restorative Hair Masque mixed with a little of Dudley's DRC 28 Protein Treatment
- Moisture DC with Redken All Soft Heavy Cream mixed with Bobeam Buttercream Conditioner.
- Leave-in - InahsiNaturals Aloe Hibiscus Leave-in Conditioner

- Later will be heavy sealing with Mizani H2O Intense Night-Time Treatment sealed with MHC Type 4 Hair Creme.