Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

Amarilles

I start on Friday! :drunk:

I will do a small trim on Thursday, I really should've done it when I washed this past weekend. My ends look just fine to me, but I'm feeling like I should since I haven't cut any hair since cutting off my relaxed hair 8 months ago. I seem to be retaining nicely. Here we go!

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I did a search and destroy after straightening yesterday. Jesus Christ on high it took a long time, but it was worth it. I had hardley any splits and ssk's on my left side but my right side had quite a few...especially on the highlighted section of my hair. I'm growing it out so no biggie.

I'll repeat the process in another 3-4 months.

naija24

I want to join!!

(use don't cut it challenge start date if you participated)
Start Date:
5/1/15

End Date: 5/1/16

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: Full CBL

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: Full APL

What or who inspired you to go for this goal: No one inspired me. I would just appreciate having hair that's long enough to ponytail and never obsess about length again.

Regimen:
Cowash 3x a week, shea butter to seal, keep it minimal,

Extras to help get to goal faster: I really want to get back into inversion/biotin regimen.

What you will do once you reach goal: Idk. Dance probably :D

Lucia

Ok so I'm going to check my ends again I already did my s and d but since I'm not cutting for a good while I want to start fresh
I'll start officially on Monday but since I'm just counting the month of May as start date the actual day is not important. I will update my album then

SmilingElephant

*Sideline Watcher* :look:

Lol!

Omg MidniteCurls hair looks a lot like mine! I wonder if she did have TBL stretched hair in the BSL curly picture bc my longest layer is just reaching BSL when curly/damp. I wonder if I reach TBL if my hair will hang like that bc that is my ultimate goal and if that's the case then I have like 7 inches to grow. :)

Lucia

I was going to update my album fotki but my computer is acting up and I can't post here from my phone
So my update pics are delayed :(

Last edited:

caliscurls

Well I did my trim this evening. Getting the ends straight like in the video just wasn't happening so I ended up doing the Curly Girl trim method, curl by curl. It took about an hour, maybe a little longer, but in comparison to the usual method which includes tension blow drying and using the Split Ender in really small sections, this was much faster.

I am officially ready to do the next six months now!

Dee Raven

Well, I just washed my hair and I'm going to leave the conditioner in over night. Then I want to do a light trim in the morning, then off to the races.

Lucia

I wore this style recently. It turned out absolutely fabulous.
Nice
I tried this on week old hair I didn't get the definition I wanted and since it was a humid day and I didn't use any gel my hair got really big. I'm going to try this again on freshly co washed hair maybe I'll get even more definition.

Last edited:

Lucia

I updated my fotki did a stretched length check
New avatar curly ponytail

Last edited:

Dee Raven

So I finger detangled my hair today and it gave me a really great chance to see what my hair health and length all over is looking at. I have to say I was very pleased. I didn't get the trim in that I wanted to before/at the begining of this challenge, so I believe that my last trim was in March and January. My ends seem to be holding up very well. I love that my hair is holding the trim shape; I feel that's a good sign. Other than that, my hair is excitingly long. the bottom of my hair is definitely tailbone length. The crown area, which I trimmed in either January or March (I can't remember which) to WSL (because it was growing weirdly) is now back to grazing HL.

I had been thinking to give myself a blunt cut at HL once the top grew out, but now I keep looking at the diva cut and thinking about getting some sort of layering, so having even hair is no longer necessary.

tuffCOOKiE

I'm definitely going to be a sideline lurker right now..

I was hoping to see some more coarse, 4z hair as I've been struggling lately. Still lurking (and hoping)!

Lucia

I'm definitely going to be a sideline lurker right now..

I was hoping to see some more coarse, 4z hair as I've been struggling lately. Still lurking (and hoping)!

@tuffCOOKiE

I think naptural85 is a type 4 or 3/4 ?? But she got her hair to look 2c/3a from using stretched hair first then doing a twist or braid out.
I don't really subscribe to that hair typing thing I find it limits people on the HHJ. JMO like type 4 should only get tips from other type 4
I get good hair care tips from all hair types. Everyone has a struggle regardless of "hair type" with their hair There are basic things all curlies wavies and kinkys have in common but I get it It helps to see a similar hair type to inspire as well

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

Saving my spot!

But I do want to know if as a challenger we can do the Bronze and then once completing that challenge decide to do the Gold and so on?

Lucia

Saving my spot!

But I do want to know if as a challenger we can do the Bronze and then once completing that challenge decide to do the Gold and so on?

Yes you can just post a check in and let me know by tagging me in your post and I'll put you in the big girl list LOL

Leo24Rule

Bronze Challenger HERE

Start Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2015
End Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2015
Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: MBL (Curly)
Ultimate Hair Length Goal: HL (Full when stretched)
What or who inspired you to go for this goal:

Curly Proverbz
1Ballerina

Other Forms of Hair Inspiration:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/515732594804975536/ (I like the length and thickness)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/62909726017605434/ (I want the color and length)

• Regimen: Wash 1x a week with ayurvedic powders, followed by deep conditioning treatment. Once it gets hotter continuously I'll co-wash mid week. Do the LOC method.
  • Extras to help get to goal faster: Continue taking Garlic, Multi-vitamin, Hair Skin & Nails, Bamboo pills and drinking Bamboo tea. Also do tea rinses.
  • What you will do once you reach goal: GROW IT EVEN LONGER!!

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

Every wash day when I'm combing out my hair and apply my products I ALWAYS snip at hairs that bother me whether it be split ends or to make it neat and pretty. BUT I didn't do that Sunday which was difficult not to do. What kept me from picking up the scissors and using them was I remembered I was in this challenge. lol