Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

Lucia

Hey ladies,
This is the next step after the don't cut it challenge. Thanks :wave: Aireen I borrowed her organizing and prize ideas.
So this challenge officially starts in mid May (used to be June) but you can join and quit at any time.

Those of us who were in the previous challenge and want to continue have a chance to trim, cut and get ready for the next round and KIM. Also previous challengers can continue straight through and roll into this new challenge any trims or cuts inbetween finishing DCI challenge and officially joining his new one are not counted as passes.

That would make a hardcore graduate of Don't cut it challenge start at 6 months for example put that in your 1st sign up post. Check in officially here at the beginning, middle and end of your challenge goal.
Every 3 months is mandatory check in so if you're going for Diamond status you get your bronze and gold trophies along the way by your name, then the diamond.

Goal: To grow our hair out as long as we want with none-minimal cutting, trimming.

:trophy: Bronze Challengers: 3 months, have 1 trim/cut pass.

:trophy: :trophy: Gold Challengers: 6 months, have 1 trim/cut pass.

:trophy: :trophy: :cup: Platinum Challengers: 9 months, have 2 trim/cut passes.

Diamond Challengers: 12 months, have 2 trim/cut passes.

You can use some, all or none of your passes its up to you. Trims, cuts, dusting S&Ds all count as a pass so save your passes and use them only when absolutely necessary.
Were just here for accountability, support, inspiration and encouragement.

Diamond Plus: For the hard core long haul challengers who have done 12m+ straight can do whatever they want. :look: :yep: :drunk: :peace: :ohsnap: :grouphug2: :coffee: :thewave: :thumbsup::trampoline::tantrum: :love3: :pepper: :headspin: :grin::lol::lachen::lachen:

Challengers that check in, keep to this 0-2 cuts system and extend their times earn more trophies and diamonds according to the rules above.
Let's see who's hardcore o_O enough to rack them up. :drunk: :spinning: :woot:

To join give us your info:

State your challenge goal Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond (you can change this status at anytime)

(use don't cut it challenge start date if you participated)
Start Date:

End Date:

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge:

Ultimate Hair Length Goal:

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links):

Regimen:

Extras to help get to goal faster:

What you will do once you reach goal:

Original Thread

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=743477

I will post inspirations, tips, etc...

Thank this post and/or mention @ Lucia (no spaces) in your post to tag me, and I will add you to THE OFFICIAL CHALLENGERS LIST.

siggytag: #teamgrowitlong
Link: #teamgrowitlong

Who inspired me to start the original challenge

image.jpg

muchmorethanbeauty

https://twitter.com/MMThanBeauty #teamnoscissors

Xx3Tinkerbellx3X

https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=13c39c3662518dbeb1146da2c77a256e&oe=55BCC6F6

She's a Sikh so they don't cut their hair ever like Sampson in the bible
info: http://www.realsikhism.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1248364871&ucat=7

Check out the LEGENDARY MIDNIGHTCURLS pics in this blogpost

http://naturalurbanista.blogspot.com/2010/06/one-of-my-earlier-inspirations.html?m=1

Last edited:

Lucia

Rules and Sign up for 2017*
Click link below

https://www.longhaircareforum.com/threads/grow-it-long-challenge-2015-and-growing-on.755233/page-22

Scroll down to posts 654 and 655

---------------------------------------

The Official Grow it Long Challengers List

Bronze Challengers:
3months

Gold Challengers:
6 months

@angelmilk SD: 4/16 ED: 10/16 ?

Platinum Challengers:
9 months

@mysblossom SD: 10/15 ED: 5/16 :trophy: :trophy: :cup:completed

Diamond Challengers:
12 months

Amarilles SD:5/15 ED: 5/16 :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

@caliscurls SD: 11/14 DCIC ED: 11/15 :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

JoyBelle SD:5/15 ED: 5/16 :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:
?

joyandfaith SD: 5/15 ED: 5/16 ?
lulu97 SD: 9/15 ED: 9/16 :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:
?

tsmith SD: 5/15 ED: 5/16 ?
@*Michelle* SD: 5/15 ED: 5/16 ?
@keranikki SD: 5/15 ED: 5/16 ?
@PureSilver SD: 7/15 ED: 7/16 ?
@traceedeebee SD: 10/15 ED: 10/16 :trophy: :trophy: ?

@GrenadianGal SD: 10/15 ED: 10/16 ?
@GabbyABaby SD: 11/15 ED: 11/16 :trophy: :trophy: ?

@sky035 SD: 12/15 ED: 12/16 :trophy: :trophy: ?

@trclemons SD: 12/15 ED: 12/16 :trophy: :trophy: :cup:

@Aggie SD : 1/16 ED: 1/17 :trophy: :trophy: :trophy::cup:

@Leo24Rule SD: 6/15 ED: 6/16 :trophy: :trophy: :cup::trophy: :trophy: :cup:

@Nightingale SD: 12/15 ED: 12/16 :trophy: :trophy: ?

Diamond Plus Challengers:
12+ months
Dee Raven SD:5/15 ED: 5/16 :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:
Complete

ezina SD: 5/15 ED: 5/16?
Lucia SD: 11/14 DCIC ED: 1/17 :trophy: :trophy: :cup::trophy::trophy::cup: :trophy:

Mz.MoMo5235 SD: 9/14 DCIC ED: 9/16? :trophy: ?

@B_Phlyy SD: 5/15 ED: ? :trophy: :trophy: :cup::trophy::trophy:

@HelpMe12 SD: 10/15 ED: 7/17 ?

@WeirdoBeauty SD: 6/16 ED: 12/17 :trophy: :trophy: Complete

Key:

Complete = Challenger has completed their cycle and did not sign up again. May sign up again at any time.
? = Haven't had a recent update, don't know if this person will sign up again. May sign up again at anytime.

:trophy: = 3 months of GIL (grow it long) Challenge

:cup: = 9 months of GIL Challenge

= 1 year of GIL Challenge
use this link http:// www. picgifs.com/glitter-gifs/d/diamonds/picgifs-diamonds-438363. gif
in image to post no spaces

Last edited:

Aggie

Not joining, but will be watching from the sidelines. I'm not really growing my hair out anymore, just keeping it healthy. I'm really more interested in my skin and fitness levels at the moment. All the best to all the challengers!

TraciChanel

Starting off as a Gold challenger. My ultimate goal is waist length, I've been stuck at MBL for over a year. Almost 2 years.

My regimen will be deep conditioning regularly with heat, using ceramides and babying my hair more - especially my ends. I will start officially on June 1st since that's when the challenge starts.

Last edited:

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
I'll join in on the Diamond level. I had my last professional trim almost 2 years ago when I decided to let my hair grow out. Only been s&d'ing once or twice a year since then. I'll come back later and fill in the details.

Amarilles

I'll be aiming for Diamond status! :yep:

Start Date: May 1, 2015

End Date: May 1, 2016

Belly button length (stretched)

MBL (curly)

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links):
No one really, WL as a relaxed head was my longest and I'd simply like to go longer as a natural.

Regimen:
I wash every 7-15 days with Yes to Carrots shampoo, diluted in water (1oz poo, 8oz water). Afterward I condition/DC with Jane Carter Solution Nutrient Replenish Condish, which I leave in and don't rinse out.

Lately I'm styling with an aloe gel. And that's pretty much it.

Keep doing what I've been doing...keep wearing the hair curly, not messing with it too much, detangling very thoroughly, no bandwagons, keeping a simple regimen with few products.

Leave it alone, see how long it gets without setting anymore length goals.

(Pic below of an old and shrunk WnG but the ends are visible enough)

Attachments

• 20150311_171352-1.jpg
    20150311_171352-1.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 208
Last edited:

MzOptimistic

Diamond Status Me Please:yep:

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: Midback/Waist

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: Waist

No one. I want long, healthy waist length hair.

Regimen: I wash and DC my hair once a week, co wash with As I Am Coconut cowash, take msm powder daily and bamboo silica. I wear buns all the time. My favorite hair style ever.

I really believe MSM Powder is allowing me to get more growth than I normally get so I will continue taking it.

Maintain and keep my hair healthy and realize just because I grew my hair to my ultimate goal length, doesn't mean stop taking care of it. I might also wear it down more. I never wear my hair down now because keeping it bunned works for me.

Dee Raven

Count me in! I would like to do the Platinum Challenge

End Date: March 1, 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: I don't really have a hair length goal, but I think it would be nice to have BSL wng. And by nice, I mean awesome.

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: My ultimate hair length goal was HL, and I've attained that. So now my goal is to be able to get the most out of my hair and have versatility.

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links): for the BSL Wng, the inspiration came from the photo of the girl in the OP.

Regimen: Wash, DC (weekly or bi monthly as needed), style

Extras to help get to goal faster: I can't think of anything right now.

What you will do once you reach goal: Continue to enjoy my hair. And post some pics on this board of course.

Last edited:

Lucia

Dee Raven Diamond level is 12 m and our official start date is 3rd week of May 2015 because most of us are on the original don't cut it challenge that ends in May.
your end date would be May 2016
I'm just getting the word out early so people can get themselves in the right mindset and do their trims or cuts s and d and get that out of their systems do they can focus on this new round.

Last edited:

JoyBelle

Lucia - I'm Going for the Diamond.

Start Date: May 2015

End Date: May 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: w'hip

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: BSL unstretched

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links): the don't cut it challenge

Regimen: Low manipulation, DC with every wash, hot oil treatments when needed

Extras to help get to goal faster: eat healthy, exercise, mineral rich

What you will do once you reach goal: think about a cut/ maintain.

Attachments

• image-622654846.jpg
    image-622654846.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 215
  • image-2354101950.jpg
    image-2354101950.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 223
  • image-1016223326.jpg
    image-1016223326.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 220

Lucia

State your challenge goal Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond (you can change this status at anytime)
Going for Diamond status prob Diamond plus status.

Start Date: Nov 1 2014 (from don't cut it challenge)

End Date: Nov 2015 maybe I'll extend to 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: W'Hip/TBL stretched

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: Tailbone booty length crakin stretched BSL -MBL curly ?

from OP Natural Neiicey, 1Ballerina and others that I will post as inspirations here

Regimen:
DC 2x week oil scalp massages 3 x week PS no heat baby the ends

working out more cardio vitamins juicing

I will maintain maybe let it grow longer but no set goals or limits. I will stick to my regimen but wear it down and out more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Mz.MoMo5235

I'm in. I got this son!!! I mean, other than the fact I forget to check in lol

State your challenge goal Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond (you can change this status at anytime) I'll be a diamond gangsta. I havent cut since I cut ALL OF MY PROGRESS off back in aug and have been kicking my self in the but since then.

Start Date:
I havent cut since Aug and dont plan on cutting any time soon... So

End Date: NEVAH!!! No but seriously it will be a while. No sooner than Aug this year if that even. I can go forever with out cutting. Especially at my current length.

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: I actually dont have a goal other than not cutting.

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: I would like to get back to mbl or wl. That was my hairs sweet spot where it was long, healthy, and looked nice no matter what.

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links): Ugh... All the chicks who are wl already lol

Regimen: Wash when my scalp says so, cond when wash, co wash when I want, dc when I remember, leave in, moisturizing spritz, seal as needed, air dry, put my hair up (right now in a curly puff, not enough hair for a bun)

Extras to help get to goal faster: I will start taking my vitamins, I will start to take my vitamins, I WILL START TAKING MY VITAMINS! Drink more water.

What you will do once you reach goal: Maintain and stop watching Beyonce videos that make me cut an aline bob that turns out to look like phreak from the Hackers movie instead which then makes me cut it all off and start all over :look:

On a side note.... Before you add my name to the list I need to make sure one thing is ok. I got an under cut with a design (just the nape). Am I allowed to keep that up or do I need to grow that out during this challenge or does it use up my passes? Just need to clarify

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Diamond status baby!

Start Date:
I plan on straightening in the fall & s&ding then so August 2015

End Date: Aug 2016

My hair grows in a V shape and the tail of it just hit hip length so I will shoot for full hip and the tail being at TBL

I really just would like to see how long my hair can grow. So as of now, I have no ultimate hair goals. Just gonna let my hair do what it do!

I absolutely ADORE Lashonte Heckard's hair. I've seen her a few times in LA, had the privilege of running my hands through her non-crunchy, non-greasy hair and it's bomb.com.org.net.edu lol

Regimen:
Wash and steam every week to 2 weeks. Roller set 95% of the time after washing to stretch hair. No to low manipulation styles after stretching. Direct heat usage is minimal....maybe 3 times a year if that.

Detangle before washing, deep condition with steam after washing.

Keep growing!

Attachments

• image-2148876902.jpg
    image-2148876902.jpg
    362.3 KB · Views: 215

ezina

State your challenge goal Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond (you can change this status at anytime): Diamond (gunning for that Diamond Plus status)! I hardly ever cut/trim my hair. I'm about that bun life, lol.

Start Date: May 2015

End Date: May 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: Waist length stretched; APL/BSL curly

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: "Whip" length stretched; BSL/MBL curly; thick ends and NO HEAT DAMAGE

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links): I don't really have any because I have not confidently found a hair twin with my goal length. My progress pics are enough inspiration for now. Though, what has inspired me to meet this goal is that I felt that WL/Whip length was long enough. I would go longer but it would take forever as I'm pretty tall and I just want to start enjoying my hair more sooner rather than later.

Regimen: I'm still tweaking it but so far: cleanse 1x month, co-wash every 1-2 weeks, henna every 2 months

Extras to help get to goal faster: Continue taking biotin and MSM, more exercise, better nutrition, avoid direct heat completely

What you will do once you reach goal: Trim off any damaged ends and maintain when it reaches my ultimate hair length goal damage-free

Last edited:

Lucia

Mz.MoMo5235

Any cutting or trimming during the challenge counts as using up passes, so either you can trim it up before May use 1 pass during and then after or just let it grow out and when the challenge is done trim up then. The last challenge was severely hardcore so this one gives us some options.
The whole point is for us to become less dependent on cutting.
I'm adding you to the list.

Carrie A

Hey all just cheering from the sidelines because I need another trim or two to give me an even "hemline". So in maintenance mode for now.

joyandfaith

I'm in! I'm aiming for DIAMOND

End Date: May 1, 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: WL

TBL

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links): All the fabulous ladies of LHCF with awesome hair!

Regimen:
DC 2x/week; light protein 1x/week; co-wash 2x/week

Protecting ends better, wearing a scarf to bed 100% of time

Get my hair done professionally and strut down the street like I don't have a care in the world :yep:

Lucia

Tips on moisturizing dry hair.

Mahogany curls

Naptural85

Alley Sanai ? LOC method
Leave in oil cream/butter

Last edited:

caliscurls

@Lucia I'm in! Thanks to you and the Don't Cut It challenge I've learned the folly of my cutting ways

Challenge Goal: Diamond

Start Date:
November 2014 (Don't Cut It Challenge start date)

End Date:
May 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: Solid Waist Length

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: Tail Bone Length

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links): LHCF: LynnieB, Constance, LaVgirl; YouTube: JoStylin, Naptural85

EDIT: Adding Herlucidsky http://members.fotki.com/Herlucidsky/about/
I can't get enough of her Fotki

Regimen:
I've decided to be a "flexible" natural but my constants every 7 - 10 days are:
  • Pre-poo with EVCO
  • Shampoo Bar or Co-wash
  • DC
  • Protective style 90% of the time

This challenge

What you will do once you reach goal: WL - recommit for the subsequent goals of HIP, WHIP, and TBL. TBL - I don't even know :) except maintain of course :cool:

Last edited:

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I'm really bad at updating Challenges, so can I be an Official Lurker? :D

If I were to join this challenge, though, :look: my info would be:

Challenge Goal: Diamond

Start Date: 05/15/2015

End Date: 05/14/2016

My trim dates would be the 2015 Fall Equinox (09/23) and 2016 Spring Equinox (03/20/2016)

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: Solid WL

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: Whenever it decides to stop growing (terminal length)

What or who inspired you to go for this goal: My sister, who's hair at it's longest was knee length.

Regimen: Weekly - Shampoo, DC, Leave-ins, PS

Extras to help get to goal faster: Weekly light protein, Monthly heavy protein

What you will do once you reach goal: Maintain

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
I'd like to join.

Diamond Plus

Start Date: June 1, 2015

End Date: December 31, 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: BSL

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: Hip length stretched

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links): Can't think of any at the moment. Plus I don't know how to post pics.

Regimen: Co wash 5x week, shampoo and DC 2x week, moisturize and seal daily

Extras to help get to goal faster: Hiding my hair with wigs

What you will do once you reach goal: Maybe straighten for a week then back to protective styling

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Diamond- I'm making up for my last failed challenge

Start Date: 15 May 2015

End Date: 15 May 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: APL

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: WL

Lucia-member here
Me- I just want to do something different. I have never allowed my hair to grow past shoulder length.

Regimen: I will cowash as needed, since I'm working out a lot more. Wash, protein, moisturizing DC, leave-in, then either "wig it" (if it's not to hot) or WNG.

Extras to help get to goal faster: Keep ends off of my collar, no ponytails, loose buns only if I'm in a pinch, and lots of protein. I know you have to maintain a protein/moisture balance, but my hair loves protein. Lot's of it!

What you will do once you reach goal: Undecided

*Michelle*

Start Date: June 1 2015 Diamond girl here :bling:

End Date: December 2016

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge: MBL

Ultimate Hair Length Goal: MBL

What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links): I'm my own inspiration

Regimen: Shampoo or cowash every 3 days. Deep condition. Leave in. Styling aid. Air or diffuse depending on the weather. Vitamins, Biotin and EFA's (need to get them it's been a few years). I always drink lots of water and eat relatively well. I will start my high protein diet though by adding protein shakes...this has always helped boost my hair growth.

Extras to help get to goal faster: Vitamins, high protein diet and exercise regularly

What you will do once you reach goal: maintain for a while, get bored, get a dope haircut and start over. It's what I do lol