Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

Aggie

This week I will be:

-Prepooing with JMonique's Dead Sea Mud Wash
-Detoxing with Nairobi Detox shampoo
-Coloring with henna
-Stand Alone Alfaparf Bond Rebuilder followed by the Scalp and Fiber Restorer to normalize the pH
-Tea Rinsing with Horsetail, Hops, Rosemary and Sage tea under my deep conditioner.
-Deep conditioning with a combination of SSI Restore and Repair Hair Mask and SSI Curl Moist Conditioner
- Leave-in with Komaza Care Aloe My Hair Leave-in Conditioner
-Style will be bunning for the week.

Last edited:

Leo24Rule

So I've already cut my hair, but I swear everytime I wash my hair I find split ends. Now it may not be many, but makes me question what I'm doing wrong? My hair is soft & moisturized. Does anyone ever have the "perfect cut?" Am I alone in feeling this way?

Last edited:

ItsMeLilLucky

Aka Giveme D’Monee
So I've already cut my hair, but I swear everyone I wash my hair I find split ends. Now it may not be many, but makes me question what I'm doing wrong? My hair is soft & moisturized. Does anyone ever have the "perfect cut?" Am I alone in feeling this way?
I don’t think anyone has the perfect cut. If you stare long enough, you’ll find something lol. You aren’t alone. If I look at my hair cut too long, I’ll start nitpicking lol. Would it make you feel better if you trimmed some more?

Leo24Rule

I don’t think anyone has the perfect cut. If you stare long enough, you’ll find something lol. You aren’t alone. If I look at my hair cut too long, I’ll start nitpicking lol. Would it make you feel better if you trimmed some more?

Maybe it's because I have layers & not a uniformed cut. Not intentional layers...I just cut off any damaged hair. Maybe if I had my hair all one length then I'd feel better. But I know I'm in the good because like I mentioned before my hair is moisturized & I'm having only small hair falls (shower/comb & barely any at all with daily moisturizing & sealing).

Lucia

:tantrum::brainfog:Ultimate hairgoals!!!
:toocool::amen::alcoholic::bighug::clap::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: :drool::drool:

Ladies ^^^THIS is how you get a trim and keep your length, if you want to be more precise or extra bring a tape measure they should trim little by little not chop a big chunk off then try and even things up.

Last edited:

Lucia

So I've already cut my hair, but I swear everytime I wash my hair I find split ends. Now it may not be many, but makes me question what I'm doing wrong? My hair is soft & moisturized. Does anyone ever have the "perfect cut?" Am I alone in feeling this way?
No one has the perfect cut that’s called a wig or weave it will be perfect day of and for 1-2 months after then hair will grow, wear and tear etc...
unless you grow past your goals and then trim back then it will be almost perfect. Put the scissors down GF!

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Here is a web magazine (an issu magazine) about split ends by the creator of the Natural Haven Bloom blog: https://issuu.com/thenaturalhaven/docs/naturalhavenmagapr

I think it will really comfort you! I have been newly concerned about split ends due to seeing the extent of my split ends after a 5 month period. I'm doing a personal mini 3-month challenge to try to minimize them. But I'm glad I read the Natural Haven issu (web magazine) about them. It helped me chill out a bit. Lol.

I hope the web magazine is helpful. If not, charge it to my head and not my heart. Lol.

Take care, lady!

Lucia

I’ve been trying to rinse or cowash daily and deep condition weekly or bimonthly to up my moisture and growth retention.

Last night I massaged and oiled with coconut oil then baggied overnight. Today I deep conditioned with true intense treatment mask on damp hair for 30m under heat cap, cowashed with Aussie Moist I didn’t rinse out all the conditioner oiled with my Ayurvedic oil mix, then castor oil and Shea butter on the ends.

Aggie

Just massaged some of my diy blend of Follicle Care Scalp Drops on my scalp followed by moisturizing and sealing with SCurl Moisturizing Spray, B&B More Moisture Cream and sealed with my DIY SB Blend.

Leo24Rule

Scissors have been laid to rest lol. My hair is doing good. I can't complain for I'm liking and enjoying the benefits of henna and Youtuber Curly Proverbz hair regimen.

PlanetCybertron

I’ve been all over the place this last week.

I’ve been installing box braids with my own hair hoping to keep them in for 2 weeks, and I can never seem to get passed a week or five days without having to take them down and wash. My scalp can’t handle infrequent washing. So I’m gonna go back to four pigtails, or two English braids.

I had a mishap with my mom trying to cornrow my hair for the 4th of July, and lost almost an inch worth of hair after a small micro trim, but to be honest I can’t even really tell, so I’m not gonna dwell on it. I haven’t trimmed or cut my hair whatsoever for the past 3 years.

I’ll post pictures eventually lol

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
I’ve been all over the place this last week.

I’ve been installing box braids with my own hair hoping to keep them in for 2 weeks, and I can never seem to get passed a week or five days without having to take them down and wash. My scalp can’t handle infrequent washing. So I’m gonna go back to four pigtails, or two English braids.

I had a mishap with my mom trying to cornrow my hair for the 4th of July, and lost almost an inch worth of hair after a small micro trim, but to be honest I can’t even really tell, so I’m not gonna dwell on it. I haven’t trimmed or cut my hair whatsoever for the past 3 years.

I’ll post pictures eventually lol

@Bold I have been thinking about this lately, not trimming my hair for a year or so. My ends are just fine because I do not wear my hair out at all, I do not straighten or blow dry. I do nothing to damage them so why should I trim? My last trim was April 1st. So I think I will join you in this aspect.

Leo24Rule

People are just now noticing I cut my hair and are complimenting me on not just the cut in how I framed my face, but the thickness of it all. So the scissors have definitely been put away for a while now and I'm just embracing and loving my hair. I'm 100% natural as I don't want to wear wigs or any extensions...I truly love my hair now :)

Leo24Rule

Did a weekly hot oil treatment and washed my hair with Not Your Mothers Shampoo. Will put into 2 ponytails and then take down later for girls night.

PlanetCybertron

Just about a month since my lastest trim.

Been participating in the damp Bunning Challange. Fairly simple. Other than that I’ve just been ignoring my hair.

Hold up...I forgot to do that introduction thingy.

PlanetCybertron

State your challenge goal Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Diamond (you can change this status at anytime)

Diamond. I’ve gone years not trimming I’ll probably do it again.

(use don't cut it challenge start date if you participated)
Start Date: beginning of June 2018

End Date: No idea

Hair Length Goal for this Challenge:
40”
Ultimate Hair Length Goal:
Probably 50”. But I might just grow until I reach terminal length.
What or who inspired you to go for this goal ex: a picture of celeb, YT, someone on hairboards, blogger etc (post links):

Mostly just how I always pictured myself as a little girl with long hair one day.

Regimen:
Honestly it’s all over the place. Lately I’ve been co-washing everyday or every other day, and using a protein leave-in, seal, and air dry/damp bun.
Extras to help get to goal faster:

Patience. Focusing on other things.
What you will do once you reach goal:

Continue to become lazy and just throw my hair up in a bun for months at a time.

Leo24Rule

I've been slacking on the ayurvedic glosses, oil treatments, and deep conditioning but I'm still LCO and using the Curly Proverbz tea spritz along with the oil.

Lucia

Ive been trying to co wash daily but it doesn’t happen everyday most times it’s every other day. The seasons are changing slightly so that means dry hair so I’m still doing weekly or bi weekly hair masks or deep moisturizing conditioners. I don’t do wash n gos most styling is 2-4 pokahantas braids after some leave in cream or oils butter and hiding my hair under some really pretty wigs. No gel no fancy stuff. I’ve been retaining max length I got back the leangh I lost from breakage plus a little extra. My goal keep growing until I hit my hip length goal stretched.

Aggie

Tonight I:

-Massaged my scalp with Bambu Invigorating Scalp drops for hair growth. Love these drops a lot.

Aggie

Last night I used my Baba de Caracol scalp drops and sprayed some bambu spray on my hair and scalp for strength.

Aggie

Just finished massaging some Bambu scalp drops and jbco on my scalp. Also heavy sealed with Lustrasilk Curl Max Moisturizer, Bekura Tonga Mousse, and BM Grease. My hair is very happy right now.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Just finished massaging some Bambu scalp drops and jbco on my scalp. Also heavy sealed with Lustrasilk Curl Max Moisturizer, Bekura Tonga Mousse, and BM Grease. My hair is very happy right now.

@Aggie,

Congratulations on your big chop!

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
If you want to just get to the length check already it’s at the
5:30 m mark. I’m loving that twist idea though I might find a way to use it in my HMH routine.

Thigh length type 4 natural hair

She has lovely hair.