Grow It Long Challenge Keep Growing On...

Lucia

Will you be starting a new challenge for 2019? Please tag me if you do. I could use this challenge in my life for next year since I have a cruise I'm going on in July 2019. Thanks in advance

I hope this continues into 2019..Would like to participate..

Happy Hair Growing!

Yes, we’ll just keep it going in the same thread there’s a lot of good info and inspiration here.
Just list your current length situation, hair goals sophist ir long term or both and how you plan to get there regimen, products, ps, vitamins, and what level of accountability check ins you will do.

Last edited:

Lucia

So ladies I’m doing an accelerated hair growth challenge for 3 months it’s the new year let’s kick start our hair growth for this year. Please check in with starting stats, regimen what you will do to accelerate your growth in 3 months.
Check in minimum once a month.
I will post my starting stats in another post.
Ladies bring it!

Last edited:

Aggie

Tonight:

-Prepooing overnight with JMonique's Dead Sea Mud Hair Wash.

Tomorrow:

-Shampooing with Keracare Detangling Moisturizing Shampoo
-Deep Conditioning with Keracare 5 in 1 Reconstructor (Protein)
-Followed with Kerastase Chroma Active Deep Conditioner (Moisture)
-Leave-in - Redken Extreme Anti Snap
-M/S SCurl Jherri Juice sealed with BM Grease and my Shea Butter blend

Lucia

So ladies I’m doing an accelerated hair growth challenge for 3 months it’s the new year let’s kick start our hair growth for this year. Please check in with starting stats, regimen what you will do to accelerate your growth in 3 months.
Check in minimum once a month.
I will post my starting stats in another post.
Ladies bring it!

Regimen: KISS and LCOB

Daily: Co-wash or mist, oil and massage scalp, My Daily sealing routine>> cream leave in (hair milk), creamy butter, seal hair and ends w/ light oil, then double seal ends w/ hair butter

Weekly: Pre shampoo treatment, rinse squeeze out water Then deep condition under heat cap, daily moisture and sealing

Monthly: Shampoo with mild sulfate free creamy shampoo or rinse with ACV water

Deep condition with heat cap 15-30m and Regular Conditioner Rinse
I always deep condition with heat or an extra towel to induce natural heating my hairs on the normal to low porosity. Side.

Then follow with daily moisture and sealing routine without scalp oil and massage.
Henna when needed. I buy body art quality from mehandi
https://www.mehandi.com/

Favorite products currently in rotation: Camille Rose Moisture Milk, CR Moisture Butter, Mane Choice Hevenaly Halo Hair milk it’s thicker than CRMM, MCHH Pre-Shampoo <this 1 product made me buy her other products, it’s that good I’ve been sleeping :sleeping: on MC products) MCAncient Egyptian Deep Conditioner (in the jar) MC Daily hairdress (mostly use on ends last 4 inches) heavenly halo oil serum, my homemade Ayurveda oil for fast growth, length and thickness, homemade lightweight sealing oil mixture.
Little to no straitening. My style is braided or twisted up under a wig or in a bun or ponytail, no wash n gos for a while.

I updated my length in my siggy I’m MBL-WL stretched, trimmed 0.5-1inch some places for knots rough ends and splits last week, I take viviscal and pre natals as my complete multi vitamin, liquid biotin (no break outs), green smoothies 5x a week, 1-2L of water a day.
Hair inspirations are Maryam Hampton, Amber Ansah, Natural Neiicey, Curlyproverbs, Melissa Denise, Organically Anna.

Last edited:

Lita

I’m in..
Current length,growing out a short bob haircut..
Goal #1 get my hair length back/In avatar
Goal#2 Healthier,thicker,stronger,silkier hair
Goal#3 Maintaining the hair length & continue to grow..

Using
Henna/clay/Ayurvedic herbs
Chebe
Rice Water
DIY
Whipped Shea Butters
Hair pomades for scalp
Serums
Oils to seal
Hair Milks
Keeping my hair moisturized when needed
Finger detangling

Happy Hair Growing!

Aggie

Used my herbal tea rinse this morning on my scalp, tonight I used on my hair - Luster's SCurl Moisturizer, B&B More Moisture Hair Cream, diy Shea Butter blend and Blue Magic Grease to seal tonight.

Aggie

This morning I poured my new batch of herbal tea rinse on my hair and scalp.

This afternoon, I Heavy moisturized and sealed with SCurl Curl Moisturizer, B&B More Moisture, shea butter and BM Grease.

Aggie

@Lucia
I totally forgot about this challenge! I didn't realize that it's been so long. I just gained some new vigor after recently reaching APL (super excited). Is it too late to join again?
Congrats on reaching APL @keranikki. I know the feeling all too well. I'm on my 4th trip there this year. Next stop after reaching APL for the 4th time is BSB and this right here is my intentional last stop with my hair. Once I reach that, I'm looking to reach other goals that have nothing to do with hair.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Congrats on reaching APL @keranikki. I know the feeling all too well. I'm on my 4th trip there this year. Next stop after reaching APL for the 4th time is BSB and this right here is my intentional last stop with my hair. Once I reach that, I'm looking to reach other goals that have nothing to do with hair.

Thank you! :) BSL is my next goal. I’m super excited. This is the longest my hair has ever been.

Lita

Used my herbal tea rinse this morning on my scalp, tonight I used on my hair - Luster's SCurl Moisturizer, B&B More Moisture Hair Cream, diy Shea Butter blend and Blue Magic Grease to seal tonight.

@Aggie I have been using the BM grease & Shea butter to seal and this combo is really keeping the lower length of my hair healthy..Thank you for mentioning the BM I forgot all about that little charmer :spinning:

Happy Hair Growing!

Aggie

@Aggie I have been using the BM grease & Shea butter to seal and this combo is really keeping the lower length of my hair healthy..Thank you for mentioning the BM I forgot all about that little charmer :spinning:

Happy Hair Growing!
You're quite welcome hon.

Aggie

This week I will be:

-Prepooing with Chicoro's Moisture Drench Prepoo - AVJ, EVCO and EVOO
-Shampoo with Afro Love Mint Eucalyptus Rosemary Shampoo

-Protein Deep Conditioning with Natur Growth Bambu Nourishing Treatment
-Moisture Deep Condition with Afro Love Raw Honey and Shea Butter Hair Treatment
-Leave-in with IN Aloe and Hibiscus

-M/S with CFCG Curl Moisturizer and Shea Butter/Blue Magic Grease
-Styling - Bunning with Wetline Xtreme Gel, MO Curling Custard.

Lucia

@Lucia
I totally forgot about this challenge! I didn't realize that it's been so long. I just gained some new vigor after recently reaching APL (super excited). Is it too late to join again?

Congrats on reaching APL it’s a big one.
No it’s never too late. Just post your goals regimen products protective styles or hairstyles you use etc... and check in as often or not often when you want for accountability.

Last edited:

Lucia

Heeeelllllooooo Ladies! :lol:
It’s been a minute.
Let me update
So I’ve added MC heavenly halo, MC moisture line and Naptural85s Butter and oil products to my staple rotation. I have seen some growth more thickness though his time around but noticeable length. No straightening still.
I am still PSing but I have switched to wait for it ...,

Crochet braids. YASSSS!!!!! HUNTY!

I stumbled upon one main YouTuber then a couple more who explained it and did tutorials. It’s been really good for me so far. I did my first install 8 weeks ago and just did my second install and I mixed two types of curls. I think my max time is 6 weeks the hair is still fresh soft and bouncy those last 2 weeks it looked good but started to feel crunchy. I will post the main YT below she just reviews the hair so she saved me a lot of time so I didn’t have to try different hairs to find ones that will last for weeks at a time and even if they get wet.

This can be done with straight hair packs too but that’s harder IMO.
Happy hair growing ladies.
My new install pics attached.

C13143B6-9600-4F9E-8B55-8A9E96D2D600.jpeg

Attachments

• B51B090E-A481-4F55-8B99-25AF20540DCD.jpeg
    B51B090E-A481-4F55-8B99-25AF20540DCD.jpeg
    606 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

keranikki

Last year was all about finding my regimen and ensuring its simplicity.

This year, it’s about tackling my shedding issue. I have always shed like a dog, but it has gotten worse. The shedding caused me to go back to my PJing ways to find a cure. I now have various products that I’m rotating, only to find out I’m deficient in Vitamin D :eek::mad: Like extremely deficient.... I am basically at zero (3 nanograms to be exact).

I’m still at APL due to a much needed trim that took off about an inch. Since it took me 2 months to get back to APL, I’m assuming I grow .5” a month. If this assumption is true, I should make BSL by December.

I’ll post a regimen when I’m done tweaking it.

Lucia

Last year was all about finding my regimen and ensuring its simplicity.

This year, it’s about tackling my shedding issue. I have always shed like a dog, but it has gotten worse. The shedding caused me to go back to my PJing ways to find a cure. I now have various products that I’m rotating, only to find out I’m deficient in Vitamin D :eek::mad: Like extremely deficient.... I am basically at zero (3 nanograms to be exact).

I’m still at APL due to a much needed trim that took off about an inch. Since it took me 2 months to get back to APL, I’m assuming I grow .5” a month. If this assumption is true, I should make BSL by December.

I’ll post a regimen when I’m done tweaking it.

Might want to check your iron (anemia will make hair shed and break) and vitamin B results if it’s on the most recent report Also moisture protein balance, stress and high manipulation of the hair affects growth too. HTH

keranikki

Might want to check your iron (anemia will make hair shed and break) and vitamin B results if it’s on the most recent report Also moisture protein balance, stress and high manipulation of the hair affects growth too. HTH

Luckily, my iron is great. I working on the moisture part of the moisture/protein balance equation. The manipulation part is tough, since I workout. I’m going to evaluate my life this afternoon to see where any stress lingers. I don’t want to convince myself I live a stress free life, if I’m unaware of any unknown stressors.

Thank you for your wonderful input. :)

Aggie

Massaged some Castor Argan Hair Growth Scalp Drops for a few minutes on my scalp for growth stimulation.