Grow out TWA challenge

SVT

Happy hair growing, ladies!

Chimma

1. Your current length
I don't know my current length- my hair is still in braids. I would guess that it would range from 7 - 10 inches, but I'll measure one last time when I take out the braids.

2. Your hair type
4b!

3. No measuring until each month is up starting from May 30th
Ok!

4. Share proposed regimen
Either
1. wear braids all the time
rub shea butter in between braids twice a week

2. learn to twist and twistout
use shea butter, mango butter, and avocado butter heavily and olive oil lightly... experiment with jojoba oil.
Add aveda elixir as a leave in.

wash when needed, pretreat overnight with olive oil before every wash. deep condition after every wash.

conditioner wash and deep condition when hair feels dry.

5. Maintain and moisturise ends as much as possible
Ok!

6. No more than half inch trims - unless you really and desperately think you need to trim ( or trim before the challenge)
No trims at all!

7. Come in every two weeks to see how everybody is doing in the challenge (when you check in every one or two months people don't really remember or slack off on the challenge)
Ok!

7. The challenge ends December 30th or May 30th 2005 ( depends on what the members of the "Grow out Twa" challenge decides)
I guess it was decided that the challenge ends on December 30th.

Ayeshia

1. Your current length
Somewhere between 4 and 5 inches
2. Your hair type
Mostly a 3b/c texture with some 4a in the crown area
no prob, as a matter of fact I only plan to measure about 3x per year maybe less

I will co wash about 3-4x pr week. Moisturize with Profective Break free or Mango Butter 2x a day. Deep condition every week. Protein Treatmeant once per month with GPB.

Sure thing

6. No more than half inch trims - unless you really and desperately think you need to trim ( or trim before the challenge) I dont plan to trim until April 2005 anyway/no heat either

7. Come in every two weeks to see how everybody is doing in the challenge (when you check in every one or two months people don't really remember or slack off on the challenge)
This will help remind me

7. The challenge ends December 30th or May 30th 2005 ( depends on what the members of the "Grow out Twa" challenge decides) I may end this April 2005 or May 2005. May 30th is my Bday

also state what products you will be using

Right now:

V05 conditioners
Suave Mango Peach
Lustrasilk Cholesterol
Aubrey GPB
Profectiv Breakfree
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Kemi Oyl

Future Products:
Dabur Vatika Coconut Oil
Suave Auapuhi
Motions Moisture Plus

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
1. Your current length
6in
2. Your hair type
4a
cornrows for the summer, puffs,fro and weave
conditioner wash when braids are out, spray with leave in daily. washing every 2weeks without the braids, staying away from the temptation to use heat to stretch and see length, ACV rinse, shampoo wash when i feel i really need it
mango butter
6. No more than half inch trims
no trimming for me
Also state what products you will be using:
mango butter ends, ordering surge for edges, infusium 23 leave in Hot 6 oil, my detangler in my signature, satin pillowcase, silk scarfs, jumbo satin bonnet, Garnier Fructis shampoo for colored hair

ms_kenesha

Hey everyone!

My hair is now at an awkward stage. It is about 3 inches stretched and no longer looks good as a wash and go. The top shrinks less than the sides and back so it looks "lumpy". It now looks best in twists or a picked out fro with headband, but twists take me about 5 hours to do and I don't want to pick my hair out everyday so I'm thinking about getting tree braids.

I got my hair professionally twisted by someone at http://www.natural-shapes.com a little over a week ago (i've since taken them out). I thought my picture would be on the website by now since she took a digi-pic but it is not, I'll post it when it gets there.

Shatani

1. Your current length 7.5 - 9 inches

2. Your hair type 4a/b

4. Share proposed regimen none to speak of just yet...im still trying to figure out exactly what my hair wants

5. Maintain and moisturise ends as much as possible will do!

6. No more than half inch trims - unless you really and desperately think you need to trim ( or trim before the challenge)in the process of finding a salon, so i can get a decent trim

7. Come in every two weeks to see how everybody is doing in the challenge im on it

also state what products you will be using
well, like i said im in the process! so, heres the stuff i have...
*D&N Almond Rain Oil Mist
*S Curl No Drip
*Surge 14 and Woojee
*Frizz ease - dream curls, gel(?), mouse(?), serum(?)
*Suave milk and honey conditioner
*Fantasia Ice pomade
*Dove intense moisture shampoo
*Cantu shea soft grow strong

On my list...
*shea butter
*EQP mango butter
*Kemi Oyl conditioning spray
*profective line
*aloe vera gel
*oils (jooba, E, coconut, etc.)

~T~

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Start off point 3" Feb 1 - March 1st 5.5"
how I did it
Pre poo Glover's,Sulfur 8 mix w castor oil
shampoo and cond ORS products, Surge, and Dr. Miracles Temple and Nape balm. This month I will be adding Frenchee's to my pre poo. I am slightly texturized now, but my hair is close enough to be put in a pony tail. My b/c done on 1/8/05. My hair has never grown like this. Thanks to all the ladies on this site for their advice! :grin: oops, forgot to tell u my vits I'm starting Gnc Hair, skin , and nails, Cmplete Women multi also by Gnc and Gnc green earth food.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I did my first BC May 1st, 2005 and my 2nd BC May 13th, 2005...

1. Your current length: 1" - 1.5"

2. Your hair type: 4a

3. No measuring until each month is up starting from May 30th. Okay. I'm down with that starting from today since May 30th, 2004 is WAY past! :lol:

4. Share proposed regimen: Stinky Challenge every other day (with Sulfur 8... thinking about mixing it with Frenchee, WGHO, and/or Amla Oil), wash/shampoo every 2-3 days, & condition weekly.

5. Maintain and moisturise ends as much as possible. Now that it's short, my hair is my ends! :rofl:

6. No more than half inch trims - unless you really and desperately think you need to trim ( or trim before the challenge). I'm on the No Trim Challenge. :antlers:

7. Come in every two weeks to see how everybody is doing in the challenge (when you check in every one or two months people don't really remember or slack off on the challenge). I don't know about that. :look:

7. The challenge ends December 30th or May 30th 2005 ( depends on what the members of the "Grow out Twa" challenge decides). Okay! I hope to have 5-6 inches of hair by the end of 2005! :woot:

also state what products you will be using:
Shampoo: ElastaQP Creme Conditioning Shampoo

Conditioner: LeKair Cholesterol Plus

Leave-in: Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14 (I've been using it twice daily. After I use it up, I probably won't invest in it again)

Stinky products: So far, I have Sulfur 8

Oils: Jojoba oil, oil mixture with cayenne pepper

Gels (if I decide to slick down my hair): Citre Shine Gel or ElastaQP Power Jel

Last edited: