GROW YOUR HAIR LONG WITH DEEP CONDITIONING CHALLENGE 2008 - PART 2

Aggie

I deep conditioned today on dry hair for 2.5 hours using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner mixed with a little bit of my Hair One Olive Oil cleansing conditioner. Hair came out ridculously soft and silky:lick:.

Smiley79

I deep conditioned today on dry hair for 2.5 hours using Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner mixed with a little bit of my Hair One Olive Oil cleansing conditioner. Hair came out ridculously soft and silky:lick:.
about how much olive oil do you mix to the AO. I'm a newbie who has recently fallen in love with AO and I'd like to try it with an oil as well. Can it be coconut oil?

TexturedTresses

clarified and dc'd with ao white camelia - so far so good. i had to apply twice because my hair sucked it up the first time. i hate the smell though. i can see why a lot fo naturals would like it because my new growth looks so nice and the curls look kinda defined.

spacetygrss

DC'd with ORS Replenishing Conditioner, then put some Paul Mitchell The Conditioner in my hair and sealed with Coconut Oil. My hair feels great.

Aggie

about how much olive oil do you mix to the AO. I'm a newbie who has recently fallen in love with AO and I'd like to try it with an oil as well. Can it be coconut oil?

Oh no Smiley79, I think you misunderstood...The Hair One Olive Oil is a conditioner that I mixed with my AO HSR conditioner. I didn't use any oils with it because it leaves my hair so soft on it's own, I don't need to mix it with oils. Yes you can use coconut oils in your DCs including AO conditioners. You don't need a lot of oil, I'd say maybe a quarter to half an ounce should be more than enough.

Aggie

when is the next DC challenge? I'm itchin to join...lol.

I will be starting it on December 22nd, 2008 but it will officially begin on January 2nd, 2009. So from December 22nd, all who wish to join can send me a pm to add their names to the list, okay sweetie:yep:?

MonaLisa

I will be starting it on December 22nd, 2008 but it will officially begin on January 2nd, 2009. So from December 22nd, all who wish to join can send me a pm to add their names to the list, okay sweetie:yep:?

The voices in my head told me I was special...:look:

I don't wanna PM...just add me to the list pleaseeeeeeeeeee....

CurliDiva

Aggie, glad you joined the AOHR club! :grin: This stuf is amazing! :yep:

Aggie

Aggie, glad you joined the AOHR club! :grin: This stuf is amazing! :yep:

You ain' lye CurliDiva. We don't have them here in the Bahamas, so I ordered a couple more online before I run out:grin:. I will be in braids as of tomorrow so I won't be running out anytime soon. I don't DC too often when in braids. Wearing braids is simply a good way to give my hair a rest from excessive manipulation. I will be DCing but not as often as I do when I don't wear them.

MonaLisa

:lachen:Girl you're a mess, but you are special to me and I love ya. I will be adding you to the list:grin:.

:bighug:

:hug2: :hug2:

It's on and poppin! I should have my hairveda and pantene restocked and ready to go! I got almost a gallon of Giovanni to get through too...shhhhhhhhhhhhhooot.... :lol:

JerriBlank

Did an overnight per-poo with Queen helene's garlic conditioner and castor oil.
I rinsed it out this morning and i will be dc'ing tonight.I don't know what i'll use yet though:drunk:

Mahalialee4

Deep Conditioning makes a BIG difference in my hair's LIFE!

I do the Cathy Howse Method, plus I megatek and my hair is getting longer, (slowly) and thicker (definitely) and definitely stronger.
I alternate conditioners: Cathy Howse (knockoff homemade); LeKair Cholesterol with oils etc. and Nexxus Humectre or Tresemme Moisturizing Condition after the CH treatment.

MY HAIR REALLY IS RESPONDING POSITIVELY to this and I do it every 3 days after a shampoo. If I find my hair getting too stiff or dry, I do a week of conditioer washes to bring things around.

Aggie

Deep Conditioning makes a BIG difference in my hair's LIFE!

I do the Cathy Howse Method, plus I megatek and my hair is getting longer, (slowly) and thicker (definitely) and definitely stronger.
I alternate conditioners: Cathy Howse (knockoff homemade); LeKair Cholesterol with oils etc. and Nexxus Humectre or Tresemme Moisturizing Condition after the CH treatment.

MY HAIR REALLY IS RESPONDING POSITIVELY to this and I do it every 3 days after a shampoo. If I find my hair getting too stiff or dry, I do a week of conditioer washes to bring things around.

I'm happy it's working so well for you Mahalialee4. I love Cathy Howse products myself.

MonaLisa

Forgot to post - dc yesterday for about 7 hours plus with a corner of SitriNillah I had left, mixed with Pantene BD mask, ORS Replenishing, AVEDA Brilliant and a dollop of JBCO.

Healthb4Length

I did a biolustre treatment this weekend. It's like Aphogee but it gets your hair much much harder. After rinsing and rinsing forever I used the shampoo which stripped my hair badly, I followed up with some Ojon hydrating conditioner and it was all good! So far the challenge has been going ok, I used to deep treat twice a week but with it being so cold out I've cut down to once a week.

Aggie

I did a biolustre treatment this weekend. It's like Aphogee but it gets your hair much much harder. After rinsing and rinsing forever I used the shampoo which stripped my hair badly, I followed up with some Ojon hydrating conditioner and it was all good! So far the challenge has been going ok, I used to deep treat twice a week but with it being so cold out I've cut down to once a week.

Don't feel bad, I have also done the same thing especially since I'm wearing braids now. It's easier to handle them as they are quite long too and get pretty heavy when wet. I did condition them with Hair One cleansing conditioner and it took forever to dry. So once a week is enough for me while these are still in my hair:yep:.

Aggie, are you going to continue the challenge for 2009?:look:

Yes I sure will Platinum. I will open it around December 22nd or so and invite everyone who would love to continue to please just send me a pm once I start it, okay honey?

longhairlover

Im not really using a "deep" conditioner but I'm sitting under my heating cap with either Dark and Lovely moisture condish as a pre wash treatment with dry hair, and then washing with either Mizani reconstructing shampoo and gelee condish or Pantene relaxed and natural shampoo and condish, sometimes i go under the heating cap again, depending on my mood.

**haven't really done the pre condish in 2 weeks.

Also I am using Mizani h2o nightime treatment, and my ends do feel a bit better even though after my trim they are still growing in split (*&^))! really getting p'd off about that, but trying to search and destroy for now.

Mandy4610

DCed yesterday with ORS hair mayo and a blend of oils.

Today I was bored, so I DCed again with Banana Brulee. My hair is happy.

morehairplease

Deep conditioned Friday for 45 minutes w/heat(protein) and 30 minutes with steam(moisture) in preparation for my corrective relaxer this Friday.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Pood with GVP Extra Gentle poo

Dc'ing right now with ParK Avenue Soft Conditioner aka Redken All Soft. Got it from Sally's :D I used it on both of my natural dd's heads and it softened their hair up instantly! Hopefully I'll have some god results :) I'll be sitting under the dryer for an hour then I'll bun it up....

BTW, Miss Aggie... I looked in your fotki... at your stash :blush: Girrrrrrl, my face was like this :eek: :blush: :lachen: :nono: :lachen: :shocked: :giggle:

Where do you keep all of that stuff???? You must live in a mansion! Daaaaaaang! :lachen:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Clarified with ORS Creamy Aloe

Pood with GVP Extra Gentle

Dc'd with GVP Conditioning Balm for about 45 minutes under the dryer. I'll keep it on for another few hours

IDK if I wanna rollerset or be lazy and just bun it up today....